InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Legacy kernel 10.6.8 with custom dyld and new SSE3 emulator and VIA Nano cpu support (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7318)

fumoboy007 08-16-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imkantus (Post 54897)
As you should know, Finder (and some other stuff) is 64-Bit only since Lion DP2 (and any later release).

Confirmed. Time to make legacy kernel 11.0 64-bit exclusive. :)

wastez 08-16-2011 12:32 PM

@anv

I saw on apple´s open source that there is the source for the libunwind for lion.
Should be perfect for a custom dyld i think!!!

nightf4ll 08-16-2011 12:41 PM

H.264 and Quicktime

Is there any way i can fix H.264 and Quicktime in 64 bit mode on an AMD procesor?? Anything i can do with amd_insn_patcher or should i just give up and go back to 32 bit mode??

fumoboy007 08-16-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightf4ll (Post 54940)
Is there any way i can fix H.264 and Quicktime in 64 bit mode on an AMD procesor?? Anything i can do with amd_insn_patcher or should i just give up and go back to 32 bit mode??

You will need to run QuickTime in 32-bit mode if your processor does not have SSSE3 support.

nightf4ll 08-16-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumoboy007 (Post 54941)
You will need to run QuickTime in 32-bit mode if your processor does not have SSSE3 support.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 just like you, and they support sse3.. I have no idea why quictime crashes when playing .mov and .mp4 files, but only in 64 bit mode..

I ve read somewhere that i need to manually patch quicktimecomponents and h264scalar, thats why i m asking if some1 else managed to get it to work?

I wish i bought that intel processor instead AMD :-|

Imkantus 08-16-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightf4ll (Post 54940)

SSE3 != SSSE3
The amd_insn_patcher just removes those nasty SYSENTER traps, code signatutres... that prevent 32-Bit only Apps to work on 64-Bit mode AMD systems.
It is not going to emulate any Intel exclusive instructions.
You do not have to lunch the -legacy mode again, just run Quiktime 32-Bit only.

btw: VLC rules. :)

nightf4ll 08-16-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imkantus (Post 54943)
SSE3 != SSSE3
The amd_insn_patcher just removes those nasty SYSENTER traps, code signatutres... that prevent 32-Bit only Apps to work on 64-Bit mode AMD systems.
It is not going to emulate any Intel exclusive instructions.
You do not have to lunch the -legacy mode again, just run Quiktime 32-Bit only.

btw: VLC rules. :)

Thx for clearing that up and i have VLC already, thats first thing i dowloaded :P One more question.. I ve removed 64 bit part from quicklookd and now it loads only in 32 bit and doesnt crash, but how can i fix preview crash??

P.S. the instructions for that are here if some1 needs them

davisin666 08-17-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightf4ll (Post 54944)
Thx for clearing that up and i have VLC already, thats first thing i dowloaded :P One more question.. I ve removed 64 bit part from quicklookd and now it loads only in 32 bit and doesnt crash, but how can i fix preview crash??

P.S. the instructions for that are here if some1 needs them

To fix preview crash, you need to remove the x86_64 part of Finder, so, open terminal and type:

Code:

sudo cp /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder_bak
sudo ditto -arch i386 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder_i386
sudo mv -f /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder_i386 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder

Works f****ing good :cool:

nightf4ll 08-18-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davisin666 (Post 54958)
To fix preview crash, you need to remove the x86_64 part of Finder, so, open terminal and type:

Code:

sudo cp /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder_bak
sudo ditto -arch i386 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder_i386
sudo mv -f /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder_i386 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder

Works f****ing good :cool:

Ok I did all of that, rebootet and everything works fine.. :D Now which kernel should i use on my Athlon 64 X2?? Whats the difference between Nawcom's Legacy kernel and Andy's? Should I use mach_kernel or mach_kernel atom? They both work for me..

wastez 08-18-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightf4ll (Post 54961)
Ok I did all of that, rebootet and everything works fine.. :D Now which kernel should i use on my Athlon 64 X2?? Whats the difference between Nawcom's Legacy kernel and Andy's? Should I use mach_kernel or mach_kernel atom? They both work for me..

The difference between nawcom and andys kernel is the custom dyld for on the fly cpuid patching.
But you can also disable the the custom dyld with flag std_dyld=Yes.

If you have a atom cpu you have to choose the mach_kernel atom and if not you have to take the other one.