InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   AMD Patcher 0.31 available to download (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1622)

bhast2 11-23-2008 11:59 PM

WOW
I wasn't trying to tell you to stop making your apps
or trying to be mean
I was just saying
And I said great release
yes the beta kernel supports the all cpus
AMD and Intel

nfoav8or 11-24-2008 07:31 AM

Thanks P-J. I've been following this site pretty close so its nice to see when I take a break from looking at it that something has changed. I agree with Dies on the cpuid issue... why have them there if the system can remove them and then run with minimal op-code patching.

And to Bhast. I was in a bad mood the other day when I saw that you had shown off the op-code patch here as well as over at Leo4All. I just want to run retail and not worry about it anymore... Oh well. it'll get here when it gets here.

Zeph. Don't ever think your work isn't appreciated. So many people are frustration free because of ASU and the Patcher apps. keep tinkering. :-)

bhast2 11-24-2008 07:35 AM

for one I am not showing off I am just trying to get the info out
that is why i posted about it on my site

Huperniketes 11-27-2008 02:42 PM

Please Clarify the Purpose of AMD Patcher for Me

Does it perform the patching done by ASU, so I can download one of the MOX updates separately and patch it with this before installing it?

zephyroth 11-27-2008 02:54 PM

yes it performs the patching done by ASU.

Huperniketes 11-27-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyroth (Post 18559)
yes it performs the patching done by ASU.

Sweet! I tried to perform updates a couple times from a fresh install off the 10.5.2 rev.2 DVD, but the process seemed to hang both times (we're talking >10 hours here!).

Incidentally, could ASU be rewritten in Cocoa, please? It just takes too long like this.

On a related note, this is on an AMD 64 3000+ and my system's performance is horrible! CPU activity is at a constant 100%, system at 70%. Would anyone have an idea why and how to correct this?

A great many thanks to zephyroth and all who've made running MOX on my AMD possible. I can't adequately describe the elation I felt seeing the "Welcome to Macintosh" animation appear on my pc!

zephyroth 11-27-2008 07:17 PM

I plan to rewrite all my apps in Objective-C. But I don't know when it will be done.

Huperniketes 11-27-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyroth (Post 18567)
I plan to rewrite all my apps in Objective-C. But I don't know when it will be done.

No need to rush. I rebooted my system to load SMBIOSResolver (which didn't work, incidentally), and the performance problem went away! Now its speed is comparable to the 1.9GHz iMac G5 which I've had for years. I'll see how it fares as the updates are installed.

I suppose it isn't necessary to incrementally upgrade the system as the same kexts will be injected into each upgrade package anyway. I guess I'll have to activate TM before the jump.

Thanks again for all your work, Z!

AMD 64 3000+
Gigabyte K8-NSC-939
1GB RAM

inhibitor 11-28-2008 12:45 AM

Hi to all, and thanks Zephyroth for great work.

Though I have 1 issue with MacOSXUpdate 10.5.5 pakage, it sort of stops on detecting cpuids (file 39 on small 322.1MB pkg, and file 310 on combo update, probably same file). The drop down log window says:
23:12:35 Encrypted file detected (Finder)
23:12:35 Encrypted file thinned to i386
23:12:35 Retrieving info about encrypted file ...

I'm using LawlessPPC 10.5.4 release, please help me to fix this issue, thanks in advance.

zephyroth 12-01-2008 06:55 PM

AMD Patcher 0.31

ChangeLog

- Drag'n drop of item is now done on the main table.
(you can delete a row by dragging it outside the table even if the patching
process is running except if the selected data row is the first)

- You can choose to not replace kexts of a package, to replace them
automatically or to replace/add kexts manually.

- While injecting if you cancel the action you will have to choose :
1 - if you want to continue
2 - if you want to modify the list of kexts to inject
3 - if you want to cancel the injection
4 - if you want to cancel the patching process for the current file.

- The patching process has been improved (thanks to Ritalin).

- A bug while cleaning temporary folder has been fixed.

- Every issues with the preferences should now be fixed.
If something goes wrong after the update, simply delete the existing plist
located in ~/Library/Preferences/com.zephyroth.AMD-Patcher.plist.

- The update process has been fixed. From now you should be able to update
AMD Patcher without any problem.

You will not be able to update AMD Patcher 0.3 with its update function because of a HUGE bug with 0.3 which delete everything in the folder where AMD Patcher.app is located instead of only the app.

---> Download AMD Patcher.