InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Lion 10.7 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Lion with AMD (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=7106)

anonomys209 06-07-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4f1050 (Post 57860)
Is anybody else experiencing constant HD activity? Not sure if it's writing but all that activity is not good/safe for SSD :-/

Also, after a few minutes if I try to run certain apps they stay bouncing on the dock and never open. (apps like Software Update, TextEdit, and others. Tasks like copying using Finder also hangs. Finder.app could be the cause of this? Im using the 32-bit version from DP2)

You probably haven't patched xpchelper. If you read back through the thread you'll find instructions. Unless you already did that and it's something else entirely lol :)

m4f1050 06-07-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57864)
You probably haven't patched xpchelper. If you read back through the thread you'll find instructions. Unless you already did that and it's something else entirely lol :)

I remember something about the zz folder, flag nouchg? Do I have to do it every time I boot? uhm...

EDIT: I forgot to do it after I upgraded with Update Combined 10.7.4 (could that have caused it to reset it?)

anonomys209 06-07-2012 06:37 AM

I don't recall whether or not I had to do it again after the Combo Update, but I'd say it'd be worth a shot haha

The apps not launching and copy/paste function was all related to xpchelper for me.

spidy86 06-07-2012 07:30 AM

has anyone tried the lion kernel for mountain lion??

m4f1050 06-07-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonomys209 (Post 57867)
I don't recall whether or not I had to do it again after the Combo Update, but I'd say it'd be worth a shot haha

The apps not launching and copy/paste function was all related to xpchelper for me.

I had a 2nd one I hadn't uchg'd... Problem solved! Thanks for the reminder!

I delelted the 2nd one, and created a blank file, then did the chflags uchg on it. Everything working as expected.

EDIT: Ok, so I fixed the issue with xpchelper, but now I still have the HD light going berzerk! I have a feeling this is killing my SSD ....fast!

10.7.3 with v6 kernel wasn't doing this, but I can't boot 10.7.4 with v6 kernel, I get ___kernel___ errors... Any clues?

Asgrad 06-07-2012 08:30 PM

Hey guys, anyone with 10.7.4 and v6 kernel flagged the cache, deleted the report crash and still can't copy/move/delete/empty trash? Can anyone help me? I did the whole uchg flags on xpchelper cache and deleted the crash report files, didn't help...

majicones 06-07-2012 11:24 PM

I need severe help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by felipeunix (Post 57298)
with "-legacy"

System starts at around 32 bits, but the 64-bit applications freeze after a few minutes.

without "-legacy"

System starts at around 64 bits, but NO 32-bit application starts.

I need Help!!! I have snow leopard and windows 7, with iatkos l2 on another partition but I can't boot it even when use the mach_kernels.

m4f1050 06-08-2012 12:00 AM

How can I find out what is hammering my harddrive? I checked "ps aux" and all seems normal. I can "df" a few times in a minute and see my free space go down. I have installed 10.7.4 twice but had to restore to 10.7.3.. I did CCC'd it onto a 2.5" sata drive, which I will be using for testing. I don't want to mess up my SSD.

EDIT: I installed SONAR FILE MONITOR and there is NOTHING showing up while the HD light blinks non-stop. I disabled Spotlight completely. I even emptied the /var/log and /Library/Log folders and I chflags uchg them and the blinking doesn't stop! UGH!

EDIT 2: Well I just found out my 10.7.3 install started doing it also. And when I booted 10.7.4 it wasn't doing it. I will capture everything I can (ps, top, etc etc) in both scenarios and compare it to see what could be causing this...

m4f1050 06-09-2012 04:51 AM

Ok, an update... On 32-bit OS X Lion I have installed everything I have on my OS X Snow Leopard except 2 things (well, 3...)

Adobe Photoshop CS4 (Installer starts but quits at the beginning.. 64-bits?)
Final Cut Pro X (64-bits)
Xcode 4.3.2 (I installed Xcode 4.2.1 which is 32-bits)

If we get the SSSE3 emulator I think we are golden!

In RE: to the HD activity, it is a hit & miss situation for me. If when I boot OS X Lion I get HD activity on the login screen I simply reboot the machine and usually the 2nd time around it has no HD activity. I compared on both occasions with and without hd activity "dmesg" and "ps aux" and only difference were in dmesg on the one without HD activity there was an fsck_hd ran... I am still trying to figure out if this is the case always. Will let you all know later..

EDIT: I copied all the Adobe stuff on /Applications and from /Library/Application Support and I got Photoshop CS 4 working. So I would only be missing 1 app which I never really use (Final Cut Pro X) I think I can use this OS X Lion as my daily OS.. Nice... Good job RAW X86! Your 10.7.4 Kernel seems to be holding pretty good on 32-bits and my AMD Phenom II X4!

no1youknowz 06-09-2012 10:11 PM

I haven't yet read through all of the 100 pages lol.

But has anyone managed to get this installed and running on a VM?