InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] EVGA X58 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567) Installation (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3854)

yaboydj 12-17-2009 04:49 PM

Nevermind my question, it was my own idiocracy

Quote:

Originally Posted by msf5042 (Post 41382)
This is a small issue I noticed but wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it: when I have a cd in my cd drive I can only eject through the OS, pressing the eject button on the drive does nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

I've actually had this problem on my MacBook Pro (eject button on keyboard) as well as a previous Hackintosh. May be a software issue.

msf5042 12-17-2009 05:43 PM

I've heard a lot of windows users having issues with S3 sleep on our board too. If you have overclocked your cpu then forget about it.

The latest bios version (SZ2Z, release about 3 weeks ago) adds HPET to our BIOS. Maybe it will help us.

I wish that there was source code for netkas' 10.6.2 sleepenabler...

yaboydj 12-17-2009 11:35 PM

No Video Signal

For some reason I lose my video signal everytime the boot process ends (-x -v). It looks as though it loads successfully but then i immediately lose the signal to my monitor. I followed the tutorial to the letter and specs are :
EVGA x58
Core i7 920
12GB DDR3
2x GTX 285 OCX
Velociraptor 300gb for Snow kitty

Any help is appreciated. I've run 10.5.7 on this setup before but Snow is giving me a run for my money.

msf5042 12-18-2009 02:47 AM

stop reinstalling and work on a fix for your graphics card.
do you have graphicsenabler set to yes in the com.apple.boot.plist?
did u try an efi string?
maybe try replacing the chameleon boot with pc efi and see what happens. if that doesn't work switch back i would switch back to chameleon and consider removing one of the graphics cards, getting the system working with one, and the plugging away to get both of them working....

yaboydj 12-18-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msf5042 (Post 41425)
stop reinstalling and work on a fix for your graphics card.
do you have graphicsenabler set to yes in the com.apple.boot.plist?
did u try an efi string?
maybe try replacing the chameleon boot with pc efi and see what happens. if that doesn't work switch back i would switch back to chameleon and consider removing one of the graphics cards, getting the system working with one, and the plugging away to get both of them working....

Firstly, thanks for the reply!
I have graphics enabler set to yes, i actually just moved on to trying out pc efi, if that doesn't work i'll try 1 vid at a time

yaboydj 12-18-2009 04:24 PM

Still no luck

Nothing new yet. redid the EFI string and verified it with DD's script just in case, made my own dsdt.aml, still no dice. I saw on another website that someone had this issue with their ATI video card, even though i have nvidia i tried their fix (one monitor with hdmi/dvi connector and one with dvi) still no go. Tried one monitor at a time and one card at a time also. continuing my never-ending google search for answers, this install will not beat me!

Update: I just switched from not having a signal to having a signal but no picture, baby steps, but progress!

Update: Success! Used Enabler for Nvidia from netkas and redid efi string. Registering now and will update 10.6.2 asap. Thanx for the guide xxxslayeriiixxx and for the help msf5042

jonny_wonny 12-31-2009 09:03 PM

Yay!

Another happy customer. :) Everything worked great. Only problem I had was because I installed the graphics card drivers that came with Kalyway, which was causing problems when it was trying to boot. Once I deleted all the drivers everything worked fine.

Yay!

mm2311 01-07-2010 06:22 PM

EVGA X58 - USB to SATA Boot

Guys,

I followed the instructions for the installation and was successfully able to create a bootable USB Snow Leopard with 10.6.2. (boots fine but SLOW...lol)

However, now I would like to get that working on my SATA drive!

I used disk utilty to copy the USB image to my SATA drive and then downloaded and ran commands to install the latest version of Chameleon v2 684.

However when I boot up the SATA hard drive I get get stuck at the Apple loading screen, there is no kernel panic.

I do not see any Chameleon loader, like it used to have for iatkos v7 when I was using Leopard.

Questions.

1.) How do I boot into -v mode to see what is getting caught up (com.apple.Boot.plist?)

2.) How can I get the Chameleon boot loader to show so that I can select my other hard drive with Windows 7?

3.) Do I need to recreate a new dsdt.aml file?

4.) Should I use SuperDuper or some other cloning software?

Any help is greatly appreciated. My flash boot loader loads audio, ethernet, and video all perfectly. Thanks.

EVA X58
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT (256MB)
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 (OC'ed 3.2GHZ)
6GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHZ

msf5042 01-08-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

1.) How do I boot into -v mode to see what is getting caught up (com.apple.Boot.plist?)
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x64</string>

Quote:

2.) How can I get the Chameleon boot loader to show so that I can select my other hard drive with Windows 7?
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Quote:

3.) Do I need to recreate a new dsdt.aml file?
No

Quote:

4.) Should I use SuperDuper or some other cloning software?
Use superduper to clone the drive, then change to the new UUID in com.apple.boot.plist, then install the boot0 and boot1h as per the chameleon installation instructions.

msf5042 01-08-2010 12:45 AM

guys:

You might want to check out this thread on the SZ2Z bios and removing disabler.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=200950