InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   sb700 Sucks Please help (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1435)

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 04:04 AM

I have done some searching there. I suppose I can look some more. I just tried nicholas's way again and I get a a cpu panic with "local APIC error" very frustrating

nfoav8or 10-25-2008 04:09 AM

yeah. some of the different ways include chip flashing which I never recommend unless you are doing it on an old board that you don't care about anymore. does your bios have an update? i would install Windows and check; maybe you can install OS X without all the headache soon enough.

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 04:37 AM

man I hope so! I did check for the bios update, and I have the latest. Darn insyde. They strip it down so you can barely do anything

nfoav8or 10-25-2008 04:42 AM

I'll keep researching but I have to get going for now. Keep trying and keep searching. you'll learn so much by looking around the forums.

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 05:05 AM

Thanks! I appreciate the help

randylikestoast 11-03-2008 03:09 AM

nope, still can't get anything to work. I'm trying it on my home pc now but I can't get the dvd rom to start up. I get a memory allocation error. It's like everything is against me!

nexusmac 11-03-2008 03:29 AM

from this link there is kext for sb700.
i didnt try this kext but I will try.

http://board.ihackintosh.net/index.p...=1503&hl=sb700

you should know first, if you are using distro which is not have SB700 support and most of them, they dont have !

you should put your HDD to SATA ports that can support IDE mode AHCI.
if you are using gigabyte board, 5 and 6 SATA ports has IDE support.

in this case , your HDD will be recognized as IDE by Distro.

with native IDE support on SATA port will cause slow system and also 2.5-4 hours installation time:)

for leo4all , I can say after installation , it is working nice but not expected as 3.0 GBPS SATA2.

if you want to make own SB700 Distro,

Firstly you should have window XP and secondly you should have TransMac.
thirdly , the working Distro which you want?

I prefer you, leo4all and kalyway firstly but if you want to try , I can recommend ideneb!

what you will do know.

simply explanation is

You will copy Extensions.mkext in your distor to another director , distro can be iDeneb v1.3 DVD;)

You will extract this Extensions.mkext to new folder with unix commands.
because all the kext in this file.

Then you will put your updated kext.

after this you will run some commands and make kext as new Extensions.mkext.

than you will put newly created Extensions.mkext to Folder "/System/Library/" in your distro.

for Unix commands , I am writing the link.

you can also look "how to do"

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.p...jecting+driver

just ı am giving tip , you can download trial version of transmac.

you just need to set the some option the setting in transmac.

to make read and write operation to change Extension.mkext in distro iso.

if you dont understand it, you can ask no problem.

I dont have time for now , I am thinking to prepare video for transmac.

ohh , I forgot please try nicholasblock kext's because he did it, he is lucky and really good man. he helped me alot and spent time. Thanks a lot nicholas.

nicholas , I still need you;) because as you can guess , I need your upload! everything is same;) you can do it, whenever you want.

have a nice days!

nexusmac 11-03-2008 03:33 AM

please write your mainboard full name.

randylikestoast 11-03-2008 03:51 AM

Hi nexusmac! According to CPUZ my mainboard is an ATICorp Model Ant3. chipset AMD 780G, with southbridge SB700. I will start downloading the ideneb dvd. I am not quite sure how to write the commands for the kexts but I sure will try! Thanks for helping!

nexusmac 11-03-2008 04:58 PM

my friend, you should try all distros, I love ideneb but for you, you should download zephyroth, kalyway , iatkos , leo4all, to try.

get all versions of distros. you need to try to get the best.

I am using ideneb with intel and it is good for me.

I will also try ideneb with SB700 patch when I have time to do.

I advice you for bios settings , you can try to disable parallel and serial ports in bios.

and when you see the first bios screen you will use ctrl+f1 combination to get bios extended settings. some options will be shown by bios. and I think it is in advanced something section or I dont know for now. you should find sb700 option to enable and just try maybe it can help.

it is nicholas' tip for me.

CPU is not big problem if it supports SSE2- SSE3 etc.

if you want to make order for your distro downloads.

you can think leo4all at first
ideneb , kalyway , zephyroth and others.

there is a fix for SB700 in leo4all but it doesnot give SATA2 support as 3.0 GBPS and installation takes really long time. 2.5-4 hours.

I hope you can do it:) and share the experience.

can you write your System configuration?

Mainboard , CPU , Graphic card etc.