InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   sb700 Sucks Please help (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1435)

randylikestoast 10-16-2008 03:56 AM

sb700 Sucks Please help

I have tried installing everything I can find! I have a athlon x2 QL-60, a 780G chipset, sb700 southbridge. One problem is my bios will not let me change acpi (insyde 1.20). What version should I be using? And is there any hints or tricks to getting it to install on this thing? Most of the time it panics on cpu or acpi. Thanks ahead of time.

nicholasblock 10-16-2008 06:19 AM

hey i got some kexts for sb700 so far it works on kalyway 10.5.2 and also ideneb v1.3 look for my guide the genius bar here if u got questions pm me and if u live in the us and cant get it going i could send u one of my cds they work great

cgsheen 10-17-2008 12:48 AM

What motherboard do you use? I've got 10.5.4 running on two different 780G motherboards (well, they're both Gigabyte GA-MA78GM S2H, but, ones a revision 1.0 and ones a revision 1.1). One has a Phenom and one uses an Athlon 64 X2...

randylikestoast 10-18-2008 02:45 AM

My board is an ATI corp model Ant3

randylikestoast 10-24-2008 05:39 AM

any suggestions please? I really want this to work

nfoav8or 10-24-2008 08:55 AM

have you tried the sb700 kext that was talked about above?

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 02:40 AM

yes, but i get the acpi panic

nfoav8or 10-25-2008 03:18 AM

and you aren't able to enable ACHI from the bios... ok. well what distro did you install with? My only advice to you would be to get an IDE/SATA-to-USB adapter and install as an External HD first, then perform all the updates and install the Chameleon bootloader and the kexts and then change it to internal. This has been done before as I have searched it over at InsanelyMac using the Search Terms: "780G SB700" and selecting to view results as posts. cgsheen has been successful with it and if you were to ask, I'm sure you could get some support.

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 03:48 AM

I can enable ahci. I did try to do a restore to a usb drive from a working mac with leoforall and kalyway. Then I installed chameleon, then plugged it into my laptop to try and install. No luck, unless I am doing something wrong there.

nfoav8or 10-25-2008 04:00 AM

oh.. hmm. got confused there for a minute while you were explaining yourself.

have you read cgsheen's posts over at InsanelyMac?

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 04:04 AM

I have done some searching there. I suppose I can look some more. I just tried nicholas's way again and I get a a cpu panic with "local APIC error" very frustrating

nfoav8or 10-25-2008 04:09 AM

yeah. some of the different ways include chip flashing which I never recommend unless you are doing it on an old board that you don't care about anymore. does your bios have an update? i would install Windows and check; maybe you can install OS X without all the headache soon enough.

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 04:37 AM

man I hope so! I did check for the bios update, and I have the latest. Darn insyde. They strip it down so you can barely do anything

nfoav8or 10-25-2008 04:42 AM

I'll keep researching but I have to get going for now. Keep trying and keep searching. you'll learn so much by looking around the forums.

randylikestoast 10-25-2008 05:05 AM

Thanks! I appreciate the help

randylikestoast 11-03-2008 03:09 AM

nope, still can't get anything to work. I'm trying it on my home pc now but I can't get the dvd rom to start up. I get a memory allocation error. It's like everything is against me!

nexusmac 11-03-2008 03:29 AM

from this link there is kext for sb700.
i didnt try this kext but I will try.

http://board.ihackintosh.net/index.p...=1503&hl=sb700

you should know first, if you are using distro which is not have SB700 support and most of them, they dont have !

you should put your HDD to SATA ports that can support IDE mode AHCI.
if you are using gigabyte board, 5 and 6 SATA ports has IDE support.

in this case , your HDD will be recognized as IDE by Distro.

with native IDE support on SATA port will cause slow system and also 2.5-4 hours installation time:)

for leo4all , I can say after installation , it is working nice but not expected as 3.0 GBPS SATA2.

if you want to make own SB700 Distro,

Firstly you should have window XP and secondly you should have TransMac.
thirdly , the working Distro which you want?

I prefer you, leo4all and kalyway firstly but if you want to try , I can recommend ideneb!

what you will do know.

simply explanation is

You will copy Extensions.mkext in your distor to another director , distro can be iDeneb v1.3 DVD;)

You will extract this Extensions.mkext to new folder with unix commands.
because all the kext in this file.

Then you will put your updated kext.

after this you will run some commands and make kext as new Extensions.mkext.

than you will put newly created Extensions.mkext to Folder "/System/Library/" in your distro.

for Unix commands , I am writing the link.

you can also look "how to do"

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.p...jecting+driver

just ı am giving tip , you can download trial version of transmac.

you just need to set the some option the setting in transmac.

to make read and write operation to change Extension.mkext in distro iso.

if you dont understand it, you can ask no problem.

I dont have time for now , I am thinking to prepare video for transmac.

ohh , I forgot please try nicholasblock kext's because he did it, he is lucky and really good man. he helped me alot and spent time. Thanks a lot nicholas.

nicholas , I still need you;) because as you can guess , I need your upload! everything is same;) you can do it, whenever you want.

have a nice days!

nexusmac 11-03-2008 03:33 AM

please write your mainboard full name.

randylikestoast 11-03-2008 03:51 AM

Hi nexusmac! According to CPUZ my mainboard is an ATICorp Model Ant3. chipset AMD 780G, with southbridge SB700. I will start downloading the ideneb dvd. I am not quite sure how to write the commands for the kexts but I sure will try! Thanks for helping!

nexusmac 11-03-2008 04:58 PM

my friend, you should try all distros, I love ideneb but for you, you should download zephyroth, kalyway , iatkos , leo4all, to try.

get all versions of distros. you need to try to get the best.

I am using ideneb with intel and it is good for me.

I will also try ideneb with SB700 patch when I have time to do.

I advice you for bios settings , you can try to disable parallel and serial ports in bios.

and when you see the first bios screen you will use ctrl+f1 combination to get bios extended settings. some options will be shown by bios. and I think it is in advanced something section or I dont know for now. you should find sb700 option to enable and just try maybe it can help.

it is nicholas' tip for me.

CPU is not big problem if it supports SSE2- SSE3 etc.

if you want to make order for your distro downloads.

you can think leo4all at first
ideneb , kalyway , zephyroth and others.

there is a fix for SB700 in leo4all but it doesnot give SATA2 support as 3.0 GBPS and installation takes really long time. 2.5-4 hours.

I hope you can do it:) and share the experience.

can you write your System configuration?

Mainboard , CPU , Graphic card etc.

nexusmac 11-03-2008 05:03 PM

ohh , I am sorry , I forgot to say you.

you should have mac osx tiger or something else to change mkext file and copy.

in this case , you can try another option.

First, you will use transmac.

get any distro iso with RW permission.

delete Extensions.mkext file in this path = /System/Library

than

put you SB700 kext in to this path = /System/Library/Extensions

than burn the DVD.

when you boot the DVD , use -f -v option to force loading the kexts in Extensions Folder.

and please send us your screenshots if it gives error.

you will do 2 DVD firstly.

you can try leo4all v4.1 or for nicholas kext you can try kalyway.

sorry for misinformation , I forgot that.

nexusmac 11-03-2008 05:05 PM

maybe you can need to delete some other kexts to prevent any conflict.

you should look at the urls that I wrote in topic.

and search nicholas topic.

randylikestoast 11-03-2008 11:17 PM

Ok, I will try and use the sb700 kexts. I did try it once with a kaly disk and I got an acpi panic. I will also try the ctl-f1. I have never tried that before.

randylikestoast 11-03-2008 11:49 PM

i deleted the mkext file, now when I put the new on in using transmac it tells me there is not enough space. What should I do?

nexusmac 11-04-2008 12:06 AM

yeah you are right, it was saying also to me , I need to remember to say something to you.
wait I am looking for now;)

nexusmac 11-04-2008 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello , I'm here again:)

I am adding the screenshot to look at that.

pay attention mac volumes on boot drive section:)

there is a read and write section set it:) and dont see any warnings anymore:)

randylikestoast 11-04-2008 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my version doesnt have that option, see pic. or am I doing something wrong?

nexusmac 11-04-2008 01:15 AM

see PC to mac settings and try to find my screenshot.

you can also check other settings and configuration section.

you just need the get section which has option to change read-write permission on iso.

randylikestoast 11-04-2008 01:29 AM

I am using version 7.5. what are you using? It doesn't have that setting to choose anywhere:'(

nexusmac 11-04-2008 02:13 AM

I told you , you can use latest version , my version is 8.1.
please get latest version, and get rid of simple waste of time!PLS.

Dont cry, and focus on solution , try possibilities! it will be best!

nexusmac 11-04-2008 02:14 AM

you dont need pirate version to use transmac.
you have the fully functional with time limited trial! I am saying again:)

randylikestoast 11-04-2008 02:27 AM

I didn't pirate it. I am trying kalyway 105.2 amd-intel first since I had that iso available also. I did -f-v on boot and now am at a blank screen, I will give it a few minutes and then I will try the leo4all mkext transfer.

nexusmac 11-04-2008 07:53 AM

I just wanted to make it clear.

what happen with kalyway. can you try also with -v ? and what you mean black screen?

what are the messages in the screen? can you take a picture of screen ? and upload it.

I want to remind you ;

If you put your SATA HDD to one of AHCI Native IDE ports. generally there are last ports such as 5th and 6th. look at the your board manual.

than you can setup the osx then you can try the new kext for SB700.

but installation will take long time!:(

in addition to this, please write your mainboard full name.
means can you look at the mainboard to get the model name.

for example : GA-MA78GM-S2H rev v1.1

nexusmac 11-04-2008 10:10 AM

good news :)

I achieve the kext transfer and I passed the still waiting for root device section:)

now I am sending mkext for ideneb :)

yeah now I am seeing ideneb screen!!!!!!!! yeah!!! I like that!

now I am waiting the SATA performance.

ooohhh nooo!! setup time is 11-16-21 (it changes :) minutes:))))

now I am writing solution for you:)

for ideneb distro :

you will use mkext file , just delete old one and replace the new one:)

for other distros , for example kalyway :)

AppleVIAATA and AppleOnboardPCATA should be removed!
dont worry about them , you dont need them:)

and then copy the AppleATIATA.kext to Extensions directory with transmac :)

the files :

AppleATIATA-1.kext.zip (140.3 KB) orginal SB700 support kext. you can use that.

NexusmacaddednewPCI_ids_AppleATIATA.kext.zip (137.1 KB) I added new PCI ids to kext.

now my installation is finishing :)

nexusmac 11-04-2008 10:20 AM

installation says about a minute :) and finished.
I am uploading the mkext to rapidshare.com, because forum didnt accept.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16051409...ions.mkext.zip

it is orginal SB700 kext in Extension.mkext for iDeneb

http://rapidshare.com/files/16051459...ions.mkext.zip

it is SB700 kext with new Device ids in Extension.mkext for iDeneb.

these kext and mkext also support SB400/500/600/700/800 :)

have a nice day:)

nexusmac 11-04-2008 10:25 AM

now I am using iDeneb OSX 10.5.5 :)

I need ATI HD 3200 built-in kext :)

randylikestoast 11-06-2008 04:26 AM

Thanks for the kexts Nexusmac! I will get to adding them. What I meant earlier by blank screen is that there was no writing on it at all, nothing. Just blank. I can't open my laptop to look at the motherboard since my brother took my tools to fix his computer!

randylikestoast 11-06-2008 04:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i will have to download a new ideneb iso. the one I have is v1.3 10.5.5. It does not have and mkext files or extension folders.

nexusmac 11-06-2008 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is no Extensions Folder in iDeneb distros, any of them.

because of this you should change the mkext file.
I uploaded the screenshot of transmac, look at and find it.

for other distros , you will use SB700 kexts to add to its "Extensions" Folder and dont forget you should delete some of the kext in this folder. I wrote the names before.

for iDeneb, change Extensions.mkext and that's it.

randylikestoast 11-07-2008 02:19 PM

ha! They tricked me and labeled my downloaded iso a fake name. It is only v1 .10.5.4. I will get the correct 10.5.5. I WILL make this work!!!:D

Edit. I'm such a noob. I did have "show hidden files" checked in transmac. I will now replace the mkext. on Ideneb

randylikestoast 11-07-2008 08:32 PM

ideneb 10.5.4 failed. Panic cpu "unable to find driver for this platform: \acpi\. Oh well, will try another.;)

nexusmac 11-07-2008 10:07 PM

try last version and it wil work! dont forget the delete 2 other drivers , unless you will get "still waiting for root device" :(

randylikestoast 11-10-2008 04:38 PM

Darn! I get the same "unable to find driver for this platform: \acpi\" I'll take a picture tonight when I get home. That was with ideneb lastest release and the nexusmac mkext. I tried with ahci and in comapatability mode. Thats all the options it will give me. No ports to try out. My bios is stripped down. I wonder if I can find a non-stripped version?

nexusmac 11-11-2008 02:27 AM

When you are getting this error? after setup or before the setup?

and What is the bios settings , did you disable the serail port and paralel port.

and you are using AHCI and you put your driver any port that not support compability mode such as port 5-6.

and be sure you are using working SATA cables.

and did you create 2 dvd which have two different mkext file in it.

and what is the result? can you also send the bios screens?

randylikestoast 11-11-2008 05:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes I did the 2 different dvds with mkexts. I cannot turn off parralel ports. My bios is stripped. I also can't change ports for ahci unless I can do it outside of the bios. Can I? Here are some pics.

nexusmac 11-11-2008 01:03 PM

i think this your laptop , I can only say you can try to change wake on lan as disabled and critical battery wake-up. I think last one maybe pass the problem.

another thing is you should have ACPI kexts for your laptop.

or sometimes bios update or downgrade can be needed. you should look at your laptop model number and other details.

did you try boot with -x ?

nfoav8or 11-11-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randylikestoast (Post 18086)
Yes I did the 2 different dvds with mkexts. I cannot turn off parralel ports. My bios is stripped. I also can't change ports for ahci unless I can do it outside of the bios. Can I? Here are some pics.

you still didn't answer the question posted above this...

"When you are getting this error? after setup or before the setup?"

nexusmac 11-12-2008 06:51 AM

I think it is after setup because as I know the grey screen does not appear at before setup:)

maybe I am wrong.:S

nfoav8or 11-13-2008 01:22 AM

one easy way to answer this question is to discern whether or not you are booting into the install DVD... :-/

randylikestoast 11-13-2008 02:18 AM

sorry guys,I have been busy. I get the error as soon as it starts to boot the ideneb dvd. I will try disabling wake on lan. My bios is the newest update, I looked for different versions but since this laptop is 3 months old they do not give me alot to work with. I hate stripped down bios.:mad:

edit: Wake on lan did not help