InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] EVGA X58 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567) Installation (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3854)

buckeyes1995 07-28-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaE-V (Post 58248)
honestly it has never reallly worked...what video card do you have and with what driver? that has a lot to do with shut down

I've got a GTX 570, using the latest Mac drivers from Nvidia.

JaE-V 07-29-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyes1995 (Post 58252)
I've got a GTX 570, using the latest Mac drivers from Nvidia.

Installation method? Snow, lion, or ML? What kexts do you have in your extras folder?

buckeyes1995 07-31-2012 12:09 AM

Hey there..

Standard install using Unibeast 1.4 w/ Mountain Lion GM build. Only kext I have is IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.

I'm using a custom DSDT I created and patched (HPET, etc.).

I'm using the patched AppleIntelCPU kext in lieu of Nullpower.

buckeyes1995 08-11-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airwalk776 (Post 58183)
Got Mountain Lion GM running on the EVGA x58 everything is working except power management. I will post a quick howto later on tonight.

Airwalk,

Any chance you can post this how to? Would love to know if it's possible to get shutdown/sleep working on my E760 w/ GTX 570.

thanks.

Nothingwise 08-23-2012 04:33 PM

I have Mnt. Lion running on a EVGA x58 SLI LE with nothing more than a patched DSDT and sound and ethernet kexts. The system is overclocked to 4.2GHz with 24GB ram and an ATI 5870. Sleep works, power management works, speedstep, no orange icons, DVD player, etc. Here is the process I used:

- I am using bios S71H - the first one with HPET and last one that allowed native power management on my logic board. I also have the usual stuff set in the bios like AHCI and S3 for sleep. I did not turn on C1E as I have speedstep enabled and am running as a MacPro 5.1.

- Installed Mnt. Lion from a 8GB USB drive using FakeSMC (with plugins so I can check temps) and NullCPUPowerManagement. I also had to remove AppleTyMCE (otherwise I would get KP on startup due to not having ECC RAM).

- Once that was done I installed Chameleon-2.1svn-r2050, RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90 for ethernet, and replaced the current AppleHDA.kext with a patched 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext for my ALC889 onboard audio. I installed the kexts with KextUtility. I removed NullCPUPowerManagement from S/L/E.

- I then put my edited DSDT and smbios into Extra on the root of my drive and patched AppleRTC to keep the bios from resetting after sleep.
Code:

Patch for AppleRTC.kext of MountainLion - fixes cmos reset after wake from sleep

Make backup of the folder /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext

"sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"

Then update kernel caches:

"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"

Hope that helps someone with their setup!

The only issue I have is that sometimes the system will not shutdown all the way. OS and monitor shutdown but fans keep running, thus requiring me to press and hold the power button. Other times it shuts down no problem (even the led on the front of the case).

I have attached my edited DSDT, boot.plst, and smbios.

Maybe someone can check out my DSDT and see if there is an issue with my shutdown code. :)

JaE-V 08-26-2012 04:10 AM

i have the LE board as well and haven't been able to put my finger on why my install partitions are not booting...i've tried creating the installer on a thumb drive (system hangs and will not boot past bios menu with usb connected) and also on a partitioned internal drive (volume not bootable)...got exhausted and gave up...give it another try tomorrow

Nothingwise 08-26-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaE-V (Post 58515)
i have the LE board as well and haven't been able to put my finger on why my install partitions are not booting...i've tried creating the installer on a thumb drive (system hangs and will not boot past bios menu with usb connected) and also on a partitioned internal drive (volume not bootable)...got exhausted and gave up...give it another try tomorrow

Try using this guide for making your mnt. lion usb.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=280756

and check your bios settings to make sure AHCI and whatnot is set.

JaE-V 08-26-2012 05:12 PM

Oh yea trust me i've been through every guide lol...not sure what my problem is, bios settings are fine...been running a perfect Lion install for quite some time now. Creating the installer is not a problem...my system just completely freezes with the usb device connected then-after reboot. I think its my bios, what version are you running? Have the installer? NVM, found it...still no dice

Nothingwise 08-26-2012 11:25 PM

do you have the same problem with a differnet usb or when switching ports?

I am using E757_S71H for my bios. It shouldn't make a difference but I was pressing ESC to bring up the boot menu after post and selecting the usb (not selecting it from the boot order under the bios).

Did you install chameleon to your usb? Are you getting past post? Are you running overclocked?

JaE-V 08-26-2012 11:37 PM

I've changed all variables, ports, devices, and all. Chameleon is installed, i've also used the utilities from tonymacx86 to create the bootable partitions as well when the manual method wasn't working. unibeast and xmove..the partitions it creates just halts my system...i'll even boot into bios and then connect the usb and it just freezes the system in bios...I can then take the same created installer and connect it to an internal sata port and the device isn't bootable for some strange reason. I've recently tried using a bootcd (rboot) and it doesn't detect a bootable partition. lol and i also get ebios block errors with a non detected partition using my existing install to boot the installer.