InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   AppleNForceATA x32/x64 version recompiled. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=5144)

sulphide 01-08-2010 02:55 AM

AppleNForceATA x32/x64 version recompiled.

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is :) x32 + x64 (all in one) version of Medevil's AppleNForceATA.kext recompiled by me for Snow Leo, all x64 compatability issues were solved, almost nothing changed. Tested on NForce4 s939 Asus A8N-SLI... so try it. :)

ps SATA DVD writing issues were not fixed..
pps fixed "out of 32bit KP". reuploaded.
ppps reuploaded release version, not a debug one.

sulphide 01-08-2010 02:38 PM

Sorry it's not debug version and i got kp while checking hashes in utorrent in 2.5 gig file, but do not know if it is due to this kext... need to be tested...

eMatoS 01-08-2010 06:12 PM

I'm using it right now so I'll get back if I see any problem, thank you for your efforts. I'm running snow leo 32bits.

sulphide 01-08-2010 10:21 PM

reuploaded debug version (see the first post), resolved all x64 compatability issues... KPs seems to be due to new ANV/QOOPZ kernel...

rbm 01-09-2010 10:24 PM

Thanks. Works fine here. But I would be happy if you share the sources.

sulphide 01-09-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbm (Post 42740)
Thanks. Works fine here. But I would be happy if you share the sources.

uploaded. see the first post..

eMatoS 01-10-2010 12:58 AM

Hey sulphide, on a side note, I've seen you own the same mother as mine, are you able to run snow leo in 64bits? I can load it fine with anv-qoopz-voodoo kernel but can't run any 32bits apps. I really want to get 64bits mode running cause it makes a huge difference in every aspect, even my geekbench scores were 20% higher.

sulphide 01-10-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eMatoS (Post 42745)
Hey sulphide, on a side note, I've seen you own the same mother as mine, are you able to run snow leo in 64bits? I can load it fine with anv-qoopz-voodoo kernel but can't run any 32bits apps. I really want to get 64bits mode running cause it makes a huge difference in every aspect, even my geekbench scores were 20% higher.

same problem here... downloaded voodoo sources and latest xnu... will see what can i do)) btw do you have ps/2 mouse or usb?... pointer of my usb mouse becomes jumpy after a while :( there is no such problem with ps/2...

eMatoS 01-10-2010 03:47 PM

Mine are both PS/2 devices and no problem so far with them, but I'll try an USB mouse when I have the chance just to check about that. Hope we can get a working kernel that let us run 32bits apps in 64bits mode, I'm waiting for andy's release but I haven't seen him around in a while, and the issue seems pretty hard to solve but I'll keep the faith hehe.

sulphide 01-10-2010 07:56 PM

I've taken a look at the sources... there is no problem with xnu from 10.5.5 leo but latest xnu seems to be hardly rewritten.. so it will take a while before we see working x64 kernel... though everything seems to be clear. and i don't understand why voodoo team denied from making native x64 for amd... there is only one comment in the sources about that... that after release 1 of voodoo they decided to make only force64 with arch=i386 but not arch=x86_64... :\

pαuℓzurrr. 01-10-2010 08:15 PM

Does this kext provide DVD reading/writing fucntions? :)

eMatoS 01-10-2010 08:28 PM

Yea, it seems it will take a while to get amd systems run in 64bit normally but it's just a matter of time until someone get it done. Hope to see that soon though.

We're supporting you Andy, Qoopz,Voodoo team and anyone else willing to take the challenge!!!

EDIT:
@pαuℓzurrr: I haven't been able to test DVD support cause for some strange reason Snow Leopard won't detect my IDE DVD drive. I've tried different nforceata and changed the device port but it's no use. Maybe it's because it's just a reader.

sulphide 01-11-2010 03:45 PM

it seems that all my problems were due to wrong settings in smbios.plist, i've changed them to MacPro3,1 settings and corrected memory timings and fsb :D and everething works fine now, no strange KPs, no lags or something... usb mouse pointer is smooth ;) didn't know that smbios.plist affects something, thought it was just cosmetics

sulphide 01-14-2010 11:06 PM

fixed "out of 32bit" KP. reuploaded. =)

crimsonangel 01-24-2010 08:50 PM

Hey sulphide and eMatoS, I a use the same motherboard as you guys. What kexts do you use in your extra folder?

eMatoS 01-24-2010 10:42 PM

I'm using these kexts:

AppleNForceATA (extra)
AppleACPIPS2Nub (for my PS2 keyboard and mouse -- extra)
VoodooPS2Controller (won't load from extra so it's in sys/lib/ext)
Evosreboot (reboot fix, I'm searching for a no kext alternative -- extra)
fakesmc (extra)
AppleAC97Audio (sys/lib/ext -- patched for the alc840)
NForceLAN (won't load from extra)

Also I have installed the AppleRTL8139Ethernet for my extra lan device, luckily my GeForce 8400GS is working fine with Chameleon.

If you want I can upload them, they're all x32/x64, so I'm just waiting for a full working 64bit kernel.

lanceomni 01-25-2010 12:16 AM

@eMotoS

Have you set the OSBundleRequired property to root for VoodooPS2Controller? Or does it require other kexts in the same folder like ApplePS2Controller.kext ApplePS2Trackpad.kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext and/or ApplePS2Mouse.kext

I have not needed it for any projects but I was just curious.

crimsonangel 01-25-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eMatoS (Post 43744)
I'm using these kexts:

AppleNForceATA (extra)
AppleACPIPS2Nub (for my PS2 keyboard and mouse -- extra)
VoodooPS2Controller (won't load from extra so it's in sys/lib/ext)
Evosreboot (reboot fix, I'm searching for a no kext alternative -- extra)
fakesmc (extra)
AppleAC97Audio (sys/lib/ext -- patched for the alc840)
NForceLAN (won't load from extra)

Also I have installed the AppleRTL8139Ethernet for my extra lan device, luckily my GeForce 8400GS is working fine with Chameleon.

If you want I can upload them, they're all x32/x64, so I'm just waiting for a full working 64bit kernel.

Ya if you could upload them that be great.

eMatoS 01-25-2010 01:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
@Lanceomni: I don't remember well but I think there was a problem with some kext dependencies when it was loaded from /extra, then I tried from /s/l/e and it worked, but I guess I could have studied the issue. Also I want to avoid modifying any vanilla kext so the updates can be as smooth as possible.

@crimsonangel: Here are all the kexts I've mentioned before, also there goes my dsdt in case you want to take a look at it. I'm using AnV/Qoopz/voodoo kernel and chameleon 2 RC4 by rekursor.

crimsonangel 02-06-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eMatoS (Post 43751)
@Lanceomni: I don't remember well but I think there was a problem with some kext dependencies when it was loaded from /extra, then I tried from /s/l/e and it worked, but I guess I could have studied the issue. Also I want to avoid modifying any vanilla kext so the updates can be as smooth as possible.

@crimsonangel: Here are all the kexts I've mentioned before, also there goes my dsdt in case you want to take a look at it. I'm using AnV/Qoopz/voodoo kernel and chameleon 2 RC4 by rekursor.

Have you noticed and problems with your mouse after prolonged usage? I use a usb mouse and keyboard and after a while the mouse begins to jump around the screen sporadically eventually to a point where it is impossible to do anything.

(edit: Im trying out the disabler kext to see if that solves my problem)

(edit 2: The disabler kext seemed to have decreased the problem but after a while there is still a slightly noticeable quivering of the mouse when moving around and very minute jumping)

(edit 3: The mouse just went wild for no apparent reason it jumped wildly all over the screen and after about 20 min went back to the normal very slight jumpiness and then back to the huge sporadic jumps a few min later. Does anyone know a fix for this? Disabler.kext does not work)

sulphide 02-11-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsonangel (Post 44518)
Have you noticed and problems with your mouse after prolonged usage? I use a usb mouse and keyboard and after a while the mouse begins to jump around the screen sporadically eventually to a point where it is impossible to do anything.

(edit: Im trying out the disabler kext to see if that solves my problem)

(edit 2: The disabler kext seemed to have decreased the problem but after a while there is still a slightly noticeable quivering of the mouse when moving around and very minute jumping)

(edit 3: The mouse just went wild for no apparent reason it jumped wildly all over the screen and after about 20 min went back to the normal very slight jumpiness and then back to the huge sporadic jumps a few min later. Does anyone know a fix for this? Disabler.kext does not work)

had the same problem with my usb mouse and 8800gt... didn't solve this, and guys - sorry, i've upgraded to phenom x4 recently so can't support this kext anymore :D

sulphide 02-12-2010 08:53 AM

btw problems with usb mice on nforce4 may be due to nvenabler64, try to use strings instead... :)

jmartin2683 03-02-2010 07:34 AM

i tried out the kext, everything works fine in x86, but as soon as i go to boot in x64 it can't find the device and says something about dependencies not being fulfilled and the nforceata unable to load. the kext reads in system profiler as 64 bit, it just won't load up.

scififan68 03-21-2010 02:13 AM

When i try to boot into 64bit mode with this kext it says it can't find iokit.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/noboot-1.jpg

proprogrammer 03-21-2010 05:15 AM

I get the same message as scififan68 when trying to boot into 64 bit mode.

sulphide 03-25-2010 07:02 PM

well, actualy i don't remember which version i'd uploaded before, so reuploaded now "release" but not a debug one.. try it if it helps with dependecies...
and guys i'm sorry again - i can't support this kext anymore because i dont have a8n-sli anymore, i've upgraded to phenom II and asus ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO :) i have epox one with nforce4 ultra but this rig goes to my mom =))) she does not deal with mac osx i'm pretty sure))))