InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The "Unofficial" Empire EFI Support Thread (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4836)

toml_12953 07-22-2010 02:05 PM

EmpireEFI and Core i7980X

I installed a retail OS X 10.6.3 disk using EmpireEFI when my Dell Studio XPS 9000 had a Core i7 920 in it and everything worked perfectly. I upgraded the computer to a Core i7 980X and then my TOD clock was running way too fast and MP4 videos weren't synced with the audio. I figured a reinstall would fix the problem. Well I backed up all my data, reformatted the hard drive and tried to reinstall but now I can't boot from the retail disk. Is there any way to do it? I'm using Empire EFI 1.085 R2 and I can't seem to get to your site to download any other version now.

Thanks

Tom Lake

toml_12953 07-23-2010 03:22 PM

Unable to Boot Core i7 980X

I solved my problem by finding iBoot installer.

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

Update: I recently installed an nVidia GTX 470 and even iBoot doesn't help. 8^(

derfman24 07-28-2010 04:41 AM

Memory Allocation Error

I'm hackintoshing a Intel DM510 motherboard. Whenever I load my 10.6.0 retail disc, I get a memory allocation error. I'm using a 1.085 Empire Efi.

Predatux 07-29-2010 10:54 PM

First of all, I come ... and then congratulate prasys for their excellent work.
I'd like to ask some questions. I have an Asus motherboard P5KPL/EPU with 2x2 GB Ram. Once loaded the operating system, I see that you are only using 1GB of memory. If I look advanced, I can see that the system recognizes the two memory modules and gives as correct, but still only uses one. Asking in various forums, have told me that is a common problem, but have not found way to solve it. I would be grateful if you could guide me a little to solve the problem.

On the other hand, I would like to consider a couple of suggestions to include new versions of empire.

The first is that aside from being able to download iso format, were to put a special version to install on USB devices that were compatible with software to create bootable USB devices, style unetbootin, usBuntu, etc.

The reason for the request, it is much more practical to start the operating system from a USB memory from an optical drive, other than that there are many computers that do not have it. It would also be very useful to be able to customize the behavior of the application, because users may make various changes to the program that would be recorded on the USB drive.

The second request is that you include a small application to install on Mac, Linux or Windows that simply check online updates of Empire, myHack, etc, and download them automatically. I think it would be very useful to keep up with people who do not have much time to make these checks.

Thanks in advance.

toml_12953 08-11-2010 07:19 PM

I can't wait for the nVidia version! I tried the Generic and ATI versions. They both let me choose the language and partition and format a drive but when I get to the actual install screen, it shows 33 min. remaining then down to 30 min and an error occurs every time (both Generic and ATI). I'm using a Retail 10.6.3 Box Set DVD.

Intel Core i7 X980 CPU 3.33 GHz, nVidia GTX 470, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, three 2 GB WD SATA HDs

gabriol23 08-13-2010 05:11 AM

hello i need help.

hello. i want to use empire efi to get rid of microsoft for ever so here are my specs: i want to install snow leopard)

Processor: Intel Core i3 350M

Ram: 4GB DDR3

HDD: 500GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

WI-FI: Realtek RTL8191SE
Ethernet:Realtek PCIe FE Family Contoller

Audio: Realtek HDA

bluntknife 08-13-2010 04:09 PM

Empire EFI v1.85 boot CD settings

Hi,
I have installed vanilla SL on my laptop using the EE v1.85 (chameleon) CD and as far as I can tell 90% of what should work is working. This includes the battery charging status and the icon in the menu bar.

However, I want to boot from my hard disk not from the EE boot CD so I used myHack 1.1.4 to install the boot loader. This works up to a point but now the battery isn't recognised and a few other nice bits are now gone.

How do I install the EXACT settings that the EE boot CD uses to my hard disk please?

I hope someone can help. I have searched lots of forums but have not found a conclusive answer which is why I am now asking.

Many thanks.

vaspoid 03-03-2011 05:50 AM

what version of empire? help?

hey whatsup. so i have been reading prasy's blog top to bottom and am having a hard time deciding what version of empire efi to use or even if i can use it. ....

specs: inspiron 6000 laptop

intel pentium m 740 1.6ghz

intel 915 gm/pm chipset

1.5gb ddr2 ram

graphics- ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300 PCI Express

i am currently working with a friend to put snow leopard on his newer i3 laptop and we're in the process of burning the o.s dvd, but i'd like to put it on my pentium m 740 if possible without too much trouble. if there is a version that i should use over the others of empire for my specs and someone could post a link that'd be great and i would appreciate it.

i'm just having a hard time finding out which version will work. any other tips or tricks given would be appreciated.

InteliMacPro 03-03-2011 09:10 AM

I would suggest trying iboot. I haven't checked in the last few months but the last thing I read from prasys sounded like he wasn't going to continue with empire. I could be wrong though. Good luck!

fhturner 07-21-2012 03:58 AM

Not sure if this is proper protocol, so please correct me if I'm wrong... I posted this query at the VirtualBox forums, but I got slapped down for talk of hacking. I cleaned it up over there, but who knows if I'll get any insight w/o providing more details. So, here goes...

I am trying to move a Mac OS X Server 10.6 VM from a "hacked" Windows Vista Athlon PC host to a "proper" Mac host, but I'm having trouble at boot. I initially got the VM installed and running using the EmpireEFI4AMD ISO, then ran the default install of MyHack from the disk image. While this worked fine on the PC, I cannot get it to boot on the Mac. I have inspected the VM w/ VBoxManage "showvminfo" and compared it to another, earlier version of the VM that _will_ boot on the Mac, but I don't see any obvious discrepancies (although perhaps someone could focus my search). I think the problem may be w/ some EFI settings, as I get the following when booting:

EFI Shell version 2.10 [1.1]
Current running mode 1.1.2
Device mapping table
blk0 :BlockDevice - Alias (null)
PciRoot (0x0) /Pci(0x1F,0x1)/Ata(Secondary,Master,0x0)
blk1 :BlockDevice - Alias (null)
PciRoot (0x0) /Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Ata(Primary,Master,0x0)

and then I get the "Shell>" command.

I have one IDE device configured and pointing to the built-in SuperDrive. The VDI is configured as a SATA device. Any ideas where to look here? Would it be something in my Mac OS X System software, or a VM setting outside the OS?

Thx,
Fred