InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Toshiba Satellite P100 - 425 (Intel 945GM) (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=2194)

Philr68 02-22-2009 09:03 AM

Toshiba Satellite P100 - 425 (Intel 945GM)

I have successfully installed OSX 10.5.6 on this machine with the exception of sound, lan and wifi drivers.

The install I used was http://xxx-install-disc.blogspot.com/

If anyone can tell me which drivers to use for the above, it will be much appreciated.

BR

Phil :)

wilx 04-06-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philr68 (Post 22684)
I have successfully installed OSX 10.5.6 on this machine with the exception of sound, lan and wifi drivers.

The install I used was http://xxx-install-disc.blogspot.com/

If anyone can tell me which drivers to use for the above, it will be much appreciated.

BR

Phil :)

Hi, I can't find this image, there's no pointers on the website you provided. What options did you choose when installing?
Thanks

Philr68 04-07-2009 04:59 AM

Sorry, I can't post the link here - it's not allowed.

wilx 04-12-2009 04:26 PM

Thanks for the pointer to which image to use.

Ok I have installed it, and after much trial and error ( about 10 installs) I have a very good install which I am very happy with. It is as stable as my Samsung NC10

Ok so I used the install image

XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

I have the following Laptop

Toshiba Equium A100-02L (Satellite P100)
Model No. PSAAQE-00P00KAV

Change the setting in the BIOS ( This is very Important otherwise OSX keeps restarting)
In the Advanced Page
Change Execute-Disable Bit Capability to Available ( was Not Available)

Start setup , and at the customize screen select the following

Optional system kexts
->smbiosResolver

Chipset Support
->ICHx Chipset Support
->New ICHx (ICH10)

GraphicDrivers
->Intel GMA Graphics->GMA950->GMA950

AudioDrivers
OtherAudioControllers->AppleAzaliaAudio

PowerManagement
-> ACPIBattery

Others
->PCCARd Fix
->IOPCMCIAFamily.kext
->KeyboardPrefPane 10.5.5
->TrackpadPrefPane Fix

Then Install OSX

I also then added the UK keyboard layout form the NC10 page here

http://rapidshare.com/users/4GZUA1

Everything is working Except

LAN... I tried all kinds of kexts including the one on the install disk for the intel pro/100 VE, even folling some posts to edit he files and inserting the Vendor info etc, I still have had no luck...If anyone has success , please let me know TIA

Wireless
intel pro wireless 3945ABG ... No Drivers available, I have replaced with a Dell 1490 card which cost £14 . It was really easy to install, It is located under the keyboard, and involves removing 4 screws...takes about 5 minutes...so now is all working lovely

SD Card ...Not tried, but apparently doesn't work...I'm not bothered about this really.

So all the rest pretty much works, I get about 2 hours 15 mins out of the battery, 2 cores are active and it scores 1128 on the GeekBench results site

Sleep works fine, and even sleeps when connected to the power supply (unlike my NC10), the only problem, is that on waking up, for some reason it looks like the '7' key is stuck ( which it isn't) but all you have to do is drop the cursor in a text field (I use Spotlight) and you will see the 7's apearing, press any key, and the 7's stop... now you can carry on as normal... bit of a pain, but its OK. Has anyone else seen this? Anyone have a fix?

I'm not saying that my settings are the best, but certainly a great place to start. If you come up with any improvements on my settings, please come back and post, or PM me so I can improve mine too.

I now have another fully working (as far as I need) mac. by only replacing the wireless card which was a 5 minute job.

I hope this helps anyone that needs it, if you need any help, just PM me..If I can help ,I will.Lets try and get a good base for the Tosh
P100 Intel chipset laptops going.

Please also could you submit your install options when you are happy

ludacrisvp 05-08-2009 06:46 AM

For sound you should check out VoodooHDA.kext
I am 99% sure it will work for you.
It works on my x205 when nothing else did.

digger 08-21-2009 12:43 AM

I have a Toshiba Sat P100 (PSPA3A however) and am really struggling to find a distro that works. iPC doesn't seem to boot (although could just be the version I have), Kalyway resets after selecting boot option at Darwin screeen, iAKTOS I haven't tried, am currently waiting on iDeneb to appear and the XxX version I have is 10.5.6 v1 (waiting on v2 to appear).

Does anyone have any experience with these laptops, should I be looking for a specific build and specific kexts? quite difficult to find any answers based on model number.

ludacrisvp 08-21-2009 07:49 PM

The only version of OSx that i have been able to have full support on my Toshiba x205sli6 is Leo4all 10.5.2 v3.
But I have a different graphical accelerator than you do.

digger 08-24-2009 03:51 AM

OK I've successfully gotten it to boot into OSX using the basic method outlined above, however changed the video driver for the NVInject GO driver (7300GO).

- Ethernet worked straight up
- USB appears to not be working
- CDDA detection working
- Sound not working (Using ConnexantHDA)
- Video working but appears very slow on screensaver, wondering if not accelerating correctly.
- Wifi not detected (turned off during install)

Is there a method of installing other devices once the base is installed? It's the one thing I've never seen referenced in any of the guides.

SA22C 08-25-2009 12:26 AM

I've got a Satellite A100-VA9, which is similar. I was able to get my ethernet port working with the Intel Pro/100 fix that's floating around, so if that didn't work for you I'm not sure what you could do. I've also found that the GFX patching available in the new Chameleon works beautifully on the built-in 7600 Go, when no injector kext would. I've also got the 'stuck key' problem on wake. The up key sticks on mine.

Other than that quirk and fairly dismal battery life (1:30 - 1:45 tops) I'm pretty happy with OS X on this notebook. It's a better performer than the Vista Home Premium that came with the computer.

Edited to add:

I use retail as a base and then add the following:
Chameleon RC2
Voodoo HDA
Voodoo Power
Voodoo Battery
Patched AppleIntel8255
Voodoo PS2 (with working two-finger scroll and right-click)
fixed dsdt.aml
dsmos.kext

I haven't bothered to try to get the PC card slot working and the SD card slot is a lost cause. Sleep works fantastic.

digger 08-25-2009 12:54 AM

I've been lucky in that the ethernet worked instantly on install, although I've found I cannot get sound to work. Have fixed a usb issue I had with osx86tools from within the OS but then my mouse became very slow, almost like the box was laggy. I'm assuming I'm borked the video driver and will repair this tonight.

Will look at using those sound drivers tonight as well. I'm assuming you have the ConexantHD chip as well?

Not too worried about the battery life as the battery in this unit is near dead anyways (lasts about 20 mins in win7/ubuntu with full power saving options enabled).

Wifi is a bit of a pain in the backside though, would really like to work that one out (or change cards).

Now to get Grub to pick the 3 OSes up.