InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1792)

grescho 01-08-2009 01:53 PM

Kernel Crash

I pretty sure this crash has already been documented, but I can't seem to find the answer...
sorry!
I installed the latest image with both patches applied succesfully.
Everything installs fine, and runs ok. Network is ok once nforce.kext is installed.

But. The probelm i'm getting is a kernel crash when I download VLC and as soon as it tries to mount image it fails.

I'm quite sure it's to do with mounting images, and i'm sure i've read a fix for this somewhere, If anyone could just help me out, I would be very grateful!!

Thanks

Elvirana 01-08-2009 03:26 PM

Ok last question before i burn the dvd:
Wich graphics driver should i choose from?
because i cant find it and i dont want to choose the wrong one.

lanceomni 01-08-2009 03:53 PM

Don't choose any. If you don't choose one you will end up with default graphics but you will be able to boot into OSX and have a nice interface to work with.

You can then hunt for the correct driver and install after the fact.

Elvirana 01-08-2009 04:09 PM

Ok, i will start now.
Thanks for the help and advice.

btw, i should choose nforce and VIA for the chipset?

Sorry that i ask so much.

lemn 01-08-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EternalEmpty (Post 20582)
I have a problem,

Everything works so far ..except ....

when I click "About This Mac" everything refreshed,

just not showing the ABOUT panel , any idea ?

by the way ..if I am not using any driver within FFP1 or FFP2, do I have to patch the iso?

my spec

INTEL 975, ICH7, Q6600, 4GB RAM,

Thanks ...

if you're using vanilla kernel, i don't know. if you;re using voodoo kernel, then you might want to install applesmbios.kext:

http://drop.io/6o3tek9

alxdabrazil 01-08-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naquaada (Post 20474)
@alxdabrazil:

Open on your boot drive and look in /System/Library/CoreServices, there's the finder. replace it with a version from 10.5.5. To change the preferences pane, look in /System/Library/PreferencePanes and replace Keyboard.prefpane with a normal one. Maybe you have to repair permissions with Disk Utility.

Does the System Profiler show all hardware information about your CPU and so? There's an error on my system. What do you have for a system, do you have AMD or Intel? What kernel are you using, 9.5.0 or 9.6.0. Plz add your system specs in your signature.

I have updated my signature with my system specs.
The system profiler show all information about my system after installing some kext for my motherboard and my sound card, nothing more.
My graphic card work perfectly with EFI strings.
About This Mac show an unknown processor working at 4 ghz (mine work at 3ghz).
I have get rid of this wrong information with a pkg named AboutThisMac.pkg . But i don't remember where i put this pkg on my hard drive... Maybe on a Jas release disc.

fman1234 01-09-2009 03:44 AM

First time at installing!

Hey everyone.. just like to let you guys know that this release looks GREAT! and kudos to the people behind it!

I was just wandering is my system fine to run this specific release? and is my graphics card supported?

Cheers,
Fman

delian7 01-09-2009 06:09 AM

Internet Success!! except that..

well i've gotten LAN for my MCP61 Lan. but i've got a problem.. when i installed this nForce Kext sleep mode doesn't work for me anymore. I am running 9.6.0 XNU kernel, AMD, iPC 10.5.6, and 8500 gt graphics.

thz.

JCsHands 01-09-2009 02:56 PM

So I think I discovered part of why my computer was restarting. I have the MSI P43 Neo3-F with an E7300 Core 2 Duo and it looks like the version of the Chameleon that ships on the iPC DVD and the iAtkos DVD seem to instantly reboot. I thought that it had to do with a kext or something, but after installing it using iDeneb 1.3 I tried to use the EFI strings for the graphics card and used OSX86 Tools to reinstall Chameleon and it started doing the instant reboot thing.
So my guess is that PC EFI v9 will work on my system, but not Chameleon. Maybe the next revision of Chameleon will work, I really hope so.

terrorgen 01-09-2009 05:54 PM

With voodoo kernel I entered the blue screen with one mouse cursor on the top left corner and another that I can move it with my mouse. So I thought it was the decrypt problem and deleted appledecrypt.kext (I have a 10.5.5 installation on another harddisk)

Now it it wouldn't boot into GUI. In verbose mode I can type letters into it but it just did nothing after loading for some time.