InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1792)

pαuℓzurrr. 12-25-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hara Taiki (Post 19966)
These apps are PowerPC, not Intel or UB.

Please look here for more info.

Thnx, ill try that ;)

Didn't fix but found the problem/solution, it's because i'm using voodoo final and 64 bit, if i boot into -legacy it works

Code:

64-bit applications will not run on AMD
Because of an incompatibility with the kernel’s custom dyld, and “translate,”
Rosetta is unable to run in 64-bit mode at present, on AMD processors. If you are
booting the kernel in 64-bit mode, PowerPC applications will not run. Please boot
the kernel without any boot-flags (or using the –legacy bootflag) to run PowerPC
applications on Voodoo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyCLoBoT (Post 19985)
Link to second PPF file is invalid. Anyone else have an alternate link?

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnryq2zzvew

:)

Taisto 12-25-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch (Post 19968)
PPF2 didn't work on my SB600 chipset. Tried about every single setting in my BIOS possible.

Mitch, try booting few times. It worked for mine sb600 but sometimes VIAATA doesn`t load - have no idea why. try to run installer few times.

cmdshft 12-25-2008 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pαuℓzurrr. (Post 19986)
Thnx, ill try that ;)

Didn't fix but found the problem/solution, it's because i'm using voodoo final and 64 bit, if i boot into -legacy it works

Code:

64-bit applications will not run on AMD
Because of an incompatibility with the kernel’s custom dyld, and “translate,”
Rosetta is unable to run in 64-bit mode at present, on AMD processors. If you are
booting the kernel in 64-bit mode, PowerPC applications will not run. Please boot
the kernel without any boot-flags (or using the –legacy bootflag) to run PowerPC
applications on Voodoo.

Ah, that would do it. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by pαuℓzurrr. (Post 19986)

Yes, I just updated the link as well, I will add it to the main info.

klaafstra99 12-25-2008 12:54 PM

Still problems on my GA-P35C-DS3R

Hi,

Finally I've got it running on my GA-P35C-DS3R. I didn't doubt the release at all! But... until 10.5.5 it was possible for me to boot with the ICH8R controller in RAID mode: a 2x SATA RAID 0 set for Window$, and 1x SATA (non-raid memberoff course!).

Now I have to set the controller to AHCI permanently. Is there any known way to fix this?

Or is it possible to boot for OSX from a SIL3132 PCIe SoftRAID controller?

--UPDATE-- !!!

After installing the kexts for the GA-P35C-DS3R with Universal OSX86 Installer, I am able to put my controller back into the RAID mode again! ;)

So using iPC 10.5.6 beta and the UInstaller it is possible to have a working 10.5.6. Only the Time Machine is not working yet, but the world will keep on turning without that. Nevertheless I will try to get that working too!

But still: does anyone know if OSX can boot from a SIL3132 PCIe SATA SoftRAID controller?

Klaafstra99

Taisto 12-26-2008 03:08 AM

I`ve just noticed that my os doesn`t see my dvd drive - i remember that someone had the same problem but i can`t find it. Anyone knows what could be the reason ?

cmdshft 12-26-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taisto (Post 20022)
I`ve just noticed that my os doesn`t see my dvd drive - i remember that someone had the same problem but i can`t find it. Anyone knows what could be the reason ?

It works for SOME versions of SB600, but not all, and so I would suggest waiting for the new PPF to put in the right drivers.

Taisto 12-26-2008 12:50 PM

Oh i see, it worked in LawlessPPC release, i thought they`re the same drivers. I`ll wait then - guess i don`t really need the dvd if i`ve noticed that it doesn`t work after few days :)

JCsHands 12-27-2008 03:59 AM

iPC on the MSI P43 Neo3-F

I have downloaded this ISO and no matter what I try I cant get it to boot. I can try to enter any combination of flags. I looks like it loads the kext files and then when it goes to boot restarts immediately.
I thought that it might have been caused by the jmicron 363 chip in my system but it does the same thing with an IDE to USB adapter. I was able to install it on my old Dell GX260 and it installed and booted fine. I even installed it to an old PATA drive I had lying around with the kexts for this system but it still seems to fail.

I have tried to use other older distros(TOH, Kalaway, iAtkos) they seem to start loading OS X but fail on something else.

If you guys are aware of anything else I would really appreciate the input. I am at m wits ends trying to think of anything else I can try.

MSI P43 Neo3-F
EVGA 9800GT 512MB
2GBs RAM
750GB SATA HDD - OS 10.5 - Maybe :-/
120GB PATA HDD - Windows Vista 64
DVD - R/W PATA

javalava91 12-27-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCsHands (Post 20040)
I have downloaded this ISO and no matter what I try I cant get it to boot. I can try to enter any combination of flags. I looks like it loads the kext files and then when it goes to boot restarts immediately.
I thought that it might have been caused by the jmicron 363 chip in my system but it does the same thing with an IDE to USB adapter. I was able to install it on my old Dell GX260 and it installed and booted fine. I even installed it to an old PATA drive I had lying around with the kexts for this system but it still seems to fail.

I have tried to use other older distros(TOH, Kalaway, iAtkos) they seem to start loading OS X but fail on something else.

If you guys are aware of anything else I would really appreciate the input. I am at m wits ends trying to think of anything else I can try.

MSI P43 Neo3-F
EVGA 9800GT 512MB
2GBs RAM
750GB SATA HDD - OS 10.5 - Maybe :-/
120GB PATA HDD - Windows Vista 64
DVD - R/W PATA

Try this, going to try it out myself in just a second, but maybe it'll help you

http://www.infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=827

lanceomni 12-27-2008 03:13 PM

Restored iPC to USB drive and installed on to an Acer Aspire One. You do have a fully loaded customize menu. Thanks for all the hard work.