InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [GUIDE] (w/ photos) - 100% working Acer 6935g iAtkos v7 10.5.7 with nVidia 9600m GT (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3357)

Gurruwiwi 08-12-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtee (Post 30790)
i installed XP before using Atheros and Intel Broadcom software drivers available on some websites, somehow both seems to work. Not sure if the same OEM manufacturer actually produces the same chip for both company.:)

Thanks! I think I visited it already.

I've managed to get audio without clicks and pops, digital out etc... but personally, my main issue is to get internal mic rockinī

Been trying and will continue.

Collaboration would be joyfully welcome!

And soon, now that Snow Leopard is Gold Master, I'll be attempting that. Who wants to join in the "fun" ?

Gurruwiwi 08-12-2009 04:03 PM

Oh yeah, people, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

I am trying my best to help you all in getting your systems up and running, but do please collaborate more.

You can simply do this by POSTING YOUR COMPLETE SYSTEM INFO in your signature. It massively increases you success as it attracts others with similar specs to the threads you are involved with, specially troubleshooting ones!

Also helps to quickly identify issues, like Chris!

I bet 20 imaginary euros his wifi card is not supported, and when he gets the broadcom one, tapes the pin and pops it in, he'll be smiling all day long...

:p

gtee 08-12-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 30848)
Thanks! I think I visited it already.

I've managed to get audio without clicks and pops, digital out etc... but personally, my main issue is to get internal mic rockinī

Been trying and will continue.

Collaboration would be joyfully welcome!

And soon, now that Snow Leopard is Gold Master, I'll be attempting that. Who wants to join in the "fun" ?

yeah me too, without the internal mic, i can't do video conferencing.

how can i help?

Gurruwiwi 08-12-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtee (Post 30855)
yeah me too, without the internal mic, i can't do video conferencing.

how can i help?

Well... as long as you know how to fix a kernel panic at boot if you f*ck up, then just do what I do... If not,
then don't... Before I had a second hackbook, and since I have almost zero terminal skills, I had to start fresh install
to fix my mistakes. Now I can just remove the drive, connect it to the other laptop (or friends and girlfriends real Mac's), mount the drive, remove kext, reboot and bingo.

What I generally do...

First, search search search and when you finish, search again.

Then you must read read read read read read.

Then try and try and try, but also try to be systematic, so you can properly undo operations, so you know what NOT to do, what certainly does not work.

Them come back and post your findings. AN POST SYSTEM SPECS TOO :)

So far, nothing has worked, but for sure it has been a lack of the right combination of kext, kext+ plist edit, kext + string etc etc...

There is a solutions though... go buy a cheapo USB compatible mic, should do the trick I guess...

My Mbox 2 workes like a charm, so does my Fireface 800, but I dont want them on all the time!

Plus, many times, after using mbox 2, if I unplug it and then shutdown system, it KP's. This is known to happen on real Macs too.

Gurruwiwi 08-12-2009 06:22 PM

Someone care to try this for me?

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/inde...pic,234.0.html

Got loads of work to get through... I'm swampped right now.

chrish10 08-12-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurruwiwi (Post 30850)
Oh yeah, people, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

I am trying my best to help you all in getting your systems up and running, but do please collaborate more.

You can simply do this by POSTING YOUR COMPLETE SYSTEM INFO in your signature. It massively increases you success as it attracts others with similar specs to the threads you are involved with, specially troubleshooting ones!

Also helps to quickly identify issues, like Chris!

I bet 20 imaginary euros his wifi card is not supported, and when he gets the broadcom one, tapes the pin and pops it in, he'll be smiling all day long...

:p

Please can i have 20 imaginary euru's please :p

It's the Broadcom 1490 i have , i replaced the intel 5100 that come with the Acer 6930g with the Broadcom so i know that the card is supported.
I have done a fresh installation installing iatkos v7 with the exact options you have used using the wireless network Broadcom 43xx kext during installation.
I have covered the pin next to pin 18 on the 1490 and works absolutely fine in windows but no airport icon/triangle etc shows on mac osx desktop, the wifi icon on laptop keyboard does not even light up.
I am pretty sure the right pin is disabled on the card as i am unable to disable wifi in windows (always on).

Gurruwiwi 08-13-2009 03:55 PM

Right!
Excellent! We are way over half way!

You have indeed covered the right pin in the right way. Your green wifi light sould not be on anways, that is an indication that the button is working and physically cutting power to the wifi card.
On another hackbook, with pin 20, the light is just off always, Xp or Leo.
So yeah, we are close. Tell me, in system profile

Apple -> About this mac -> More info

What does it say under Aiport Card?
If it is there some how, either native or third party, you just have to go to System Prefs -> Network -> Delete all the available connections and create one manually (this is the list in the left column)
That has known to wake up the card.
Damn... the "no airport triangle" on the top bar is not good...

But for now, post back on this

Gurruwiwi 08-13-2009 04:05 PM

Also, please do the following...

If you do command + shift + 4 - you will see the mouse cursor changes. You can then select an area and it will take a snapshot of that area to the desktop.
Practice it, its quite fun and addictive loool.

Then got to Spotlight and write "terminal"

Inside Terminal, expand the window quite big, and type in "lspci" and hit enter.

Take a snapshot of all the info and post it here please. This is also a great way to get DEV and SUBSYS number for all your devices in case you need to string stuff

gtee 08-14-2009 03:22 PM

Has anybody tried this?

chrishelms
Dec 8 2008, 08:57 PM
it sounds like you have the acer notebook
i just installed ideneb 1.3 on this system. it has the nvidia 9600gt and the wifi 5100
i got the 9600gt working perfectly in 5 minutes. it was very easy. Just follow these instructions:

Yay!! Finally got mine working with QE/CI.

1. fresh install iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 (no graphics driver selected)
2. reboot -x
3. install aqua-mac's package
http://rapidshare.com/files/15556209...ivers.zip.html
4. reboot
5. install NVDarwin 1.2.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?iltt3ezn1uh
6. reboot

I wasted 2 days trying to do this originally using my old 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 upgrade and doing MBP kext tranfer, the Boot.plist modifying using gfxutil & osx86 tools, etc. Oh well, but at least it works now.

Many thanks goes out to iDeneb people, aqua-mac for the 9000 series package, NVDarwin pepole, and those of you who posted the steps above.

Cheers!

NOTE: iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 users. You will get this error when installing certain software down the line. "<Stand><Stand><CarbonLib><>" Go here for the simple and easy fix.
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132410

if you have this notebook, did you get audio working? i think there is a alc889a in there but i'm not so sure and neither hdapatcher nor anything else worked so far...

Gurruwiwi 08-14-2009 04:16 PM

Beware thread followers!! DO NOT try this previous post!!!

gtee, what are you on about?... what notebook and who are you addressing? It seems you are quoting someone, use the quotation marks please!

I have no idea why you posted that about graphics, but let me assure you that before this tutorial I tried every single enabler, kext, string etc known to exist!

Nada, ziltch, niente, kaput, KP, black screen, blue screen (not of death), hangs or just ignored.

Plus, that is for 9600gt, that is desktop. I am pretty confident it wont work for this laptop, I tried sooooooooooo many tricks and stuff...

Plus, it has a very similar name, but ar in fact quite different cards

Believe me, my method works, it is the easiest method known to man because I provided the plist with the string already inside it! I cant be simpler than this!! You get full QE/CE, HDMI and VGA out, native full HD resolution... I mean... why look for another method, download another distro, when you can do it just with iAtkos?

About sound... sound DOES work, digital outs work, headphones and internal speaker work great ! It's just the damn mic in that is not recognizing... you can use many kexts, from Azalia to Enablers... I just found the latest VoodooHDA to work best.

I am "mic in" and "2 finger scroll" away from having a true Macbook Pro CLONE !!

But it is such a widespread problem, I think I'll still have to wait for a miracle kext.

I just hope to get this far with SL !!!