InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   The apple logo keeps spinning after successful install what to do? (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1705)

Alphaman 12-14-2008 06:35 PM

how to remove the video kext?

bhast2 12-14-2008 06:58 PM

Boot with -s, then mount your hd with this command:
Code:

/sbin/mount -uw /
- press enter

After that, navigate to the following directory
Code:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/
- press enter

Code:

rm -Rf GeForce*
- press enter

Code:

rm -Rf NVDA*
- press enter

Code:

cd /System/Library
- press enter

Code:

rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
- press enter

reboot

- press enter

Alphaman 12-14-2008 07:23 PM

thanks bhast2 when i boot in single user mode it and try to apply what you guys said it tells me there is no such file or directory

nfoav8or 12-14-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfoav8or (Post 19108)
if your system cannot start up after this, then use the boot flag "-s" and:
Code:

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -Rf GeForce*
rm -Rf NVDA*
cd ..
rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
reboot

this will take some possible bad graphics kexts out of use and force you to install another after you create an account and log in by way of NVinject, NVkush, Natit, or EFI strings.

hmmm. yup.

it also looks like you still have NVinject installed as well.
yet another full code for you:
boot with "-s"
Code:

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -Rf GeForce*
rm -Rf NVDA*
rm -RF NVinject*
cd ..
rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
reboot

remember (like bhast2 pointed out) that you need to press ENTER after each line :)

also, if you have a MCP51, it is NOT your chipset causing this issue unless you've installed the wrong chipset fix... but looking at the screen, it looks like you chose the correct one. This "error" of "AppleNForceATA: found 0 units" is not an error. It is simply how the system responds to this kext and that will need looking at for future revisions... another flaw is that SATA drives attached to an nForce board don't have the ability to write (they don't with the currect kext or any nforce kext out there yet).

Also, since this is your computers first time booting up after an install, it has not completely set up the network yet... this is done in the account setup process (that you may also get looping errors with... but there are other threads that explain it... yes, we can point you to them when/if it happens). you also haven't named your computer yet so it will say some Generic "bMacintosh-00...." name...

all of this is normal. what isn't normal is the video...

how did you customize your install (what did you select in the customize section)?

Alphaman 12-14-2008 08:03 PM

I chose 9.2 sleep kernel, forcedeth, I chose all of the wifi drivers, of course nforce ata, legacy flag, cpus=1 fix, amd patch 1, alc850, nvidia geforce 128, no applications

Alphaman 12-14-2008 08:07 PM

i don't know what mobo chipset to install in the first place honestly

nfoav8or 12-14-2008 08:10 PM

my suggestion to you is to do away with all the unnecessary "fixes" and install only what is needed to get OS X running. At least at first... this way we can isolate the problem...

I really think the video kext is the problem in all of this though... that would be the first thing I cut during a reinstall...

remember, you can always improve from a working install. those packages aren't too had to find either on the net or on the Install DVD ( they can be found in the install DVD's /System/Installation/Packages/ folder ;))

EDIT: I find the nForce Test chipset fix to be the best... it allows better SATA DVD support (though you still will not have the ability to write DVDs/CDs)

EDIT 2: also, which DVD are we talking about with the customizing now...? iDeneb, Zeph, or Kalyway?

Alphaman 12-14-2008 08:22 PM

kalyway 10.5.2

nfoav8or 12-14-2008 08:28 PM

would you be willing to try the iDeneb v1.3 DVD? (EDIT: I chose this one because it is the most up-to-date version that will require the least updating of your system... for now)

boot it with the flags: "-f -x -v"

install only the base requirements to get your system running... no video or audio fixes for now... we'll get those done later.

chose the XNU 9.4 kernel as well as the nForce Test fix.

when you successfully install, boot with "-f -v" and let me know where it stands... hopefully you don't get the account creation loop and it successfully installs. Then we'll worry about getting everything else set up.

Good luck.

EDIT 2: BTW, you may want to look into getting a new video card for your system. integrated graphics don't always give you the best output for graphics intensive apps in OS X... you'll need Quartx Extreme and Core Imaging for a lot of those apps and the integrated graphics processors don't always provide these features.

Alphaman 12-14-2008 08:37 PM

nfoav8or I'll try whatever you say