InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] EVGA X58 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567) Installation (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3854)

hasbaz 11-29-2009 04:18 PM

thanks

thanks for this guide everything worked smoothly except for Ethernet but i managed to get that working with the kext that someone mentioned. all i have to do now is get my 9800 GX2 working probably at the moment im using it using a EFI string for a 8800gt. if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

cokerms 12-06-2009 05:26 PM

First I have to thank you for this guide, because it is awesome and I now have a working Snow Leopard installation on a separate HD.

My current issue is trying to get this HD and my prior Windows 7 HD installation dual booting. I used a separate PC with a Leopard installation to follow this guide and setup a stand alone 500GB SL installation. It is formatted to GPT and has Chameleon installed. If I only have this HD installed in my machine it boots into SL and works great. As soon as I reconnect my Win 7 MBR HD, Chameleon doesn't come up and it boots into Windows 7.

I've tried various things, but I'm apparently missing something or doing something wrong.

I've tried putting my Win 7 MBR HD in my Leopard PC and installing Chameleon on that using the manual instructions, but I quickly ran into an issue where there is already a Boot directory, which conflicted with me putting the boot file on the disk. It's possible this has left me in a bad state, however, I did use the Win 7 DVD to repair after that failed to startup.

I've tried using easyBCD to create a mac entry in my windows 7 boot loader, but that failed to load my second HD. The current version doesn't apparently let you specify which disk it is on and assumes it is on C:\? :( I'm guessing that could be the issue here.

I've tried putting bootthink on my window 7 drive. It starts up, but fails to recognize my SL drive. I'm not certain why this is.

Next, I read that simply marking the MBR inactive might let Chameleon boot up, so I used GParted Live to mark MBR non-boot, but that resulted in :

boot0: testing
boot0: testing
boot0: error

For now, I'm probably going to go back into GParted and mark the MBR bootable again just to fix my windows 7 disk, but I would really like to get this working with both drives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

msf5042 12-06-2009 07:33 PM

you could use another HD with a copy of your SL installation (w/o windows) to boot from and select a startup drive, thats what i do for that issue

cokerms 12-07-2009 05:05 AM

Well, it seems my problem was related to the actual hardware setup. I had the SL HD plugged into the red sockets and the Win 7 HD plugged into the black. I moved both to the red sockets and once I got the order correct so that drive 0 was SL and drive 1 was Win 7, things were much happier.

airwalk776 12-08-2009 09:09 PM

any luck with sleep guys.

thats the only thing not working for me right now

msf5042 12-09-2009 08:35 PM

yeah i hope someones working on sleep i was for a few days but i havent really gotten anywhere, my log messages never changed (something like "system WILL sleep" is the last message I get everytime) and i wasn't able to narrow down the issue at all.

xxxslayeriiixxx 12-13-2009 09:20 PM

i been trying to work on sleep but no luck at all

msf5042 12-14-2009 04:34 PM

Is there any way to test and debug sleeping issues without having to restart our computers and check our logs everytime that we try something?

yaboydj 12-17-2009 07:44 AM

Stuck

I've been bouncing around all night trying to find the answer to this so maybe one of you guys can help me. Im trying to follow your guide and i've been able to do everything, with the exception of the chameleon boot loader. I've been able to run the auto installer for v2 and change out the boot file but that doesn't work (no chameleon boot shows). When I do it the manual way, whenever I get to the "dd if=boot1h" part of the method, i keep getting the "resource busy" message. If i unmount the drive, it goes corrupt, for all intents and purpose. I'm gettin no love from the Snow kitty. Any thoughts? I'm doing the install from within Kalyway

BTW: Your guide looks to be one of the most well put together in all these forums. Great work!

msf5042 12-17-2009 12:13 PM

This is a small issue I noticed but wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it: when I have a cd in my cd drive I can only eject through the OS, pressing the eject button on the drive does nothing. Anyone else have this issue?