InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] EVGA X58 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567) Installation (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3854)

mm2311 01-08-2010 06:41 AM

EVGA X58 USB to SATA

After modifying my boot file with GUI set to "Yes"

I am getting stuck here. I already changed my UUID and removel sleepenabler.kext

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7...0108001541.jpg

mm2311 01-12-2010 07:20 AM

Snow Leopard Up and Stable on X58

Everyone,

Thanks for all the valuable information. I got it all fixed up and bootable.
Runs like a dream on the i7, I may never go back to Windows again.

Here's what needed to be done:

1.) Took my bootable USB flash drive and cloned it with SuperDuper to my SATA hard drive.

2.) Updated my UUID in the com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist files in the Extra folder.

3.) Loaded the latest Chameleon, Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684.

4.) Removed UUID Plaform.kext, was causing an issue.

5.) Update com.apple.Boot.plist to boot my "disk1s2" hard drive because my Windows drive was trying to load first.

6.) Set GUI to "YES" so that I can select between Snow Leopard and Windows 7.

This forum is the SH^T! :)

jvolkman 01-12-2010 09:21 PM

Hi Guys (Gals),

Thanks for the wealth of information. I'm fairly far along getting SL running on my EVGA x58 LE (e757), but have a couple of questions:

I'm using the DSDT patch + LegacyHDA for audio. I haven't tested all the jacks yet, but one thing I noticed is that the main output (green jack) is labeled as "Internal Speaker" in the Sound part of System Preferences. Since the speaker isn't actually internal, is there a way to change this? (trivial issue)

I'm currently using RealtekR1000SL.kext for my ethernet. Striving to become as "vanilla" as possible, should there be a way to get my ethernet working with SL's built-in drivers? Without the kext, I see this error message when booting:

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (28000000)
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed

Is this a case where I need to hack an identifier in the DSDT?

Thanks!

philmrmac 01-17-2010 12:39 AM

First boot into Snow can't get past Blue screen

Guys I'm sorry but I can't figure this out for the life of me. At it now for 10 hours straight and getting weary.

The system boots fine into Leopard 10.5.2. Followed instructions to install SL into separate drive. Replaced extensions, chameleon install, etc. First boot into Snow appears to work 100% fine and then all I get is a blue screen and that's it. Tried GraphicsEnabler, netkas boot file, no resolution, 1920x1200, you name it.

The screen occasionally flashes and there is occasional disk activity.

MB = EVGA X58 SLI
Graphics = 7300gt 512mb.

In reality I don't want to use the 7300gt; have a GTX260 that I removed because I don't know how to configure the first Snow boot to work with that one.

What's the solution, especially if you can tell me how to do the 260!???

Thanks,
philmrmac

philmrmac 01-21-2010 09:04 PM

If anyone's thinking about answering my questions about the graphics go ahead and ignore it. Got the problem solved using GraphicsEnabler in Boot.plist.

Also need to know the correct solution to the NICs, I too have to use RTL1000 kext as the Apple one for RLT8169 gives errors at startup.

benualson 01-27-2010 04:02 PM

Ahci

Thank you all for this wonderful information, I am now running SL with no problems...

One thing: When I try to boot to my Windows 7 drive...i get a Blue Screen, and I know it is because of the AHCI setting for the hard drives....any suggestions for a fix, so i do not have to switch bios settings each time?

Thanks!

Ben

benualson 01-27-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benualson (Post 43934)
Thank you all for this wonderful information, I am now running SL with no problems...

One thing: When I try to boot to my Windows 7 drive...i get a Blue Screen, and I know it is because of the AHCI setting for the hard drives....any suggestions for a fix, so i do not have to switch bios settings each time?

Thanks!

Ben

Hrmm....

Now it doesn't even detect my windows Hard Drive...anyone know what might be going wrong? Neither chameleon nor my bios show the hard drive....

Thanks,

Ben

JaE-V 02-07-2010 04:50 AM

lol my red sata ports still aren't working! I've been considering doing a reinstall after i purchase some more ram...guide still looks great btw! hope all has been well, i was just checking in

puppetj 02-10-2010 07:43 PM

my board is a evga sli classified (e760) I got all working but the lan which is realtek GBE family controllers, what could I do to get this working?, thanks

msf5042 02-11-2010 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I added pcivendorid to legacyhda.kext to get rid of the following error message:

Quote:

Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2682 goto Exit
it's attached