InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [GUIDE] EVGA X58 Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J567) Installation (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3854)

airwalk776 06-22-2010 11:29 PM

http://www.kexts.com/view/405-binary...x_10.6.4).html

FabricioGS 06-23-2010 12:41 AM

Updated to 10.6.4 using combo updater and also lost sound. Updated AppleHDA.kext using the above link and it's all 100% now, the best update I ever did in my hackint0sh.

I noticed a small improvement on OpenGL comparing my numbers with Xbench, but now I'll run some games on steam to see if I can find any real difference.

JaE-V 06-23-2010 09:16 PM

just checkin in guys, good to see everyone updated ok...i had to do some manual changes with my raid partitions but all is well

SpyderWeiss 06-24-2010 04:27 AM

I'm at my wits end!!!

Hi guys!

I've been trying for a week and half now to get Snow Leopard (10.6.4) fully working, but have had no success. I'm using a similar setup to everyone here:

EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1
6GB OCZ 1600 RAM
EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP EDITION

I've been trying to use the iBoot + Multibeast method, has anyone had any success with this? I've tried using the guide here and I have got to the point where either I can get sound working, but it doesn't see my CDROM drive, or I can get my CDROM drive working, but no sound. I'd like to create my own dsdt to see if that would help, but it seems like the link for the software to do this in post 1 is broken. Can anyone assist? What do you need to know to help me?

Thanks!

SpyderWeiss 06-24-2010 09:11 PM

sound working...kinda

Okay so I've got some of the sound ports working. I have no audio out in the front, and no optical out in the back. Ill post my dsdt and screenshots when I get home from work.

SpyderWeiss 06-25-2010 06:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay here they are:

SpyderWeiss 06-26-2010 06:37 AM

Progress!

Okay, so I've got all the ports in the back working, I just need to get my headphones in the front working and I'll be great! Any ideas?

rdbram 07-01-2010 10:39 PM

Hey guys, well this is my first post and my first attempt at a hackintosh. Pretty big problem though: my hard drive won't boot.

Followed the instructions in the guide verbatim, generated my EFI string for my card, installed CHAMELEON RC4 to my EFI following their guide, etc.

The one thing I noticed that seemed blatantly different from the start though, was that post-snow leo install on the drive, there was no pre-existing Extra folder or boot file.

I downloaded msf5042's posted boot file on page 2 I believe, and put it in the root directory as he mentioned. Still won't boot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit: Hardware-
EVGA X58 SLI
nVidia GeForce GTX 260
6 GB GSkill DDR3 1600
Intel Core i7 - 920

rdbram 07-04-2010 12:03 PM

Turns out it was a Chameleon issue. It boots, but fails on trying to go into mac. In -v I get the error

USMBSC Identifier (non-unique): 18E3312D81B0 0x18e3 0x9101 0x0
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device

and it just goes on like that. I've made user my UUID was correct in both .plist's, and I made sure the kexts were up to date. Attempted booting without the Platform UUID kext to no avail.

UPDATE
More extensive forums/google searches and a couple hours of trial and error worked everything out. System is now running great on 10.6.2 with ethernets working with the realtek kext and sound working using the 10.6.2 AppleHDA. :D VoodooHDA caused kernel panic.

Would love to see my wireless card working, D-Link DWA-556. Have yet to find a kext for it.

Also wanted to thank you guys for the guide and the audo/lan fixes!

javery 07-08-2010 04:50 AM

I'm new to all of this, but am slowly making progress.

I've got Vista on one hard drive. If I change the BIOS settings back to IDE and set the hard drive that Vista is on to be run from first, I can load up Vista without trouble.

When I change the settings over to AHCI (ENABLE, ENABLE, AHCI MODE + IDE, AHCI MODE), and switch it to start from the second drive on which I have Snow Leopard, I get Chameleon to give me the options of Snow Leopard or NTFS. If I choose Snow Leopard, I've now got it to the point where it loads up.

The problem that I have is that if I select NTFS when I get the Chameleon option screen, it starts up with the Vista booting screen, but after a few seconds I get a blue screen for a fraction of a second, the computer restarts, and CMOS resets.

Any suggestions for how I can get Chameleon to also load up NTFS properly?