InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   [ PRE-INSTALL AUTOMATOR v1.1 ] For easily installing vanilla snow leo. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=4041)

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 08:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks man! I followed your instruction including the "cpus=1" command and the new Natit.kexts but I'm still getting the blank white screen. Here are some pics of what console is saying before the white screen comes up.
Cheers

djnitehawk 09-25-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35812)
Thanks man! I followed your instruction including the "cpus=1" command and the new Natit.kexts but I'm still getting the blank white screen. Here are some pics of what console is saying before the white screen comes up.
Cheers

ok do this now:

1. boot into leo10.5
2. delete the following 2 files on ur USB /system/library/extensions
  • appleintelgmax3100.kext
  • appleintelgmax3100fb.kext
3. boot back into ur USB with the following boot flags:
  • cpus=1 -v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No
tell me what happens then...

notes: make sure natit.kext is in USB /extra/extensions

if the above doesnt work... try removing natit.kext and booting into ur USB...

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 03:23 PM

Brilliant! Just Brilliant I say!!! Now boots into Snow Installer quick as a flash too!! So do I still need to follow any Terminal commands before I begin install (as you said in the instructions beginning of post) And what about other stuff?

Thanks a million. I have been hacking at this for almost a week now!!!! And I'm in :)
Talk soon :)

djnitehawk 09-25-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35854)
Brilliant! Just Brilliant I say!!! Now boots into Snow Installer quick as a flash too!! So do I still need to follow any Terminal commands before I begin install (as you said in the instructions beginning of post) And what about other stuff?

Thanks a million. I have been hacking at this for almost a week now!!!! And I'm in :)
Talk soon :)

niiiiiice!!!! was a long shot but glad it worked...

k do this now...

make sure that natit and nullcpupm kexts are in ur USB drive's "/snow-installer/filez/extra/extensions"

boot into the snow installer on ur USB with the help of those boot flags if need be.

click continue...

if u havent prepared a target partition for SL from leo, open up the disk utility now from the menu > utilities > disk utility and make a new partition for SL...

if ur current leo parition is taking up the whole disk, u will have to resize it and create a new one for SL from leo as ive mentioned in the previous reply...

on the other hand u can create a test SL partition on ur USB drive the same way without actually touching the internal drive until everything with SL is upto ur satisfaction...

the next step is to launch the terminal from the menu > utilities > terminal and run my script so that ur ultimate SL target partition becomes bootable... (just like u did for the USB installer partition)

in terminal type: "/snow-installer/installnow"

run through the script and select ur ultimate SL target now...

then quit the terminal...

then continue with the SL installation... and install it to the ultimate SL target...

once the installer finishes... it will show u a restart button and a countdown timer... hit restart... if ur target SL isnt on ur USB drive, unplug ur USB drive at this point... or it will boot back into the installer... if ur target SL is on ur USB, leave it... it will boot into the newly installed SL partition...

if the first SL boot gives u errors, use those same boot flags...

cpus=1 -v -f arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No

now at this point if u are facing the grey screen again, u have to go back into ur leo and delete those two gma3100 kexts from ur target SL partitions "/system/library/extensions"

once u r inside ur newly installed SL, we'll take it from there...

good luck!!!

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 06:07 PM

Ok thanks again! All installed, usb drive unplugged rebooted and had no dramas but I don't believe I have sound or correct batter/power modulation. The fan keeps sparking and things are getting hot. I installed the voodoo batter.dmg (which fixed this issue with Leo 10.5 and also gave me battery meter and icons). I will give these a go and see what happens.

I have not browsed too much but so far sound appears missing....all else is great.

So what do we need now?

doonkeykong 09-25-2009 10:37 PM

....Looks like our new Snow install didn't like the Voodoo.battery.dmg proggie. I used it on my previous install to fix the fan and heat issues. But when I installed it onto the new OS it brought up an error with its string name in boot before it hung on me. Oh, well, I will try the Snow inst again.

doonkeykong 09-26-2009 02:32 AM

Oh, another thing mate....I dragged the kexts files voodoo.kext and powermanagement.kext over the Kext Helper v7. Now I have the battery meter but fan is still spiking and things are getting hot. Also the GFX card has defaulted to 1024/768 resolution rather than 1280x800 and only 1024 rez option in display menu. Is there any way to system restore or delete the kext files I just put in or is there a command at startup to set resolutions?
Thanks

djnitehawk 09-26-2009 05:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35899)
Oh, another thing mate....I dragged the kexts files voodoo.kext and powermanagement.kext over the Kext Helper v7. Now I have the battery meter but fan is still spiking and things are getting hot. Also the GFX card has defaulted to 1024/768 resolution rather than 1280x800 and only 1024 rez option in display menu. Is there any way to system restore or delete the kext files I just put in or is there a command at startup to set resolutions?
Thanks

u should start fresh now and try the attached files...

there's two different battery solutions... try em one by one... not both at the same time...

then for graphics, grab these x3100 files...

extract them to ur desktop or somewhere...

while in SL, first go to the folder /system/library/extensions and delete the original files there that has the same names as the ones from the x3100 package u've downloaded...

once the originals are gone... copy-n-paste the downloaded ones to /s/l/e

then open up terminal and run these commands:
  • sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions
then wait for 5mins... and reboot...

u should now have working graphics...

doonkeykong 09-26-2009 11:22 AM

ok dude...Gr8! But 1 question before I start. I see that "battery 1" has an installer file while "battery 2" includes only the kext. How can I restore from a bad install of this file (to battery 2 if need be) if lappie doesnt like it? I can't see "uninstall" on mac's (like in control panel in windows). hanks a million. I will give it a go tonight.
-Simon

djnitehawk 09-26-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35913)
ok dude...Gr8! But 1 question before I start. I see that "battery 1" has an installer file while "battery 2" includes only the kext. How can I restore from a bad install of this file (to battery 2 if need be) if lappie doesnt like it? I can't see "uninstall" on mac's (like in control panel in windows). hanks a million. I will give it a go tonight.
-Simon

just delete /system/library/extensions/voodoobattery.kext

thats what it installs...

doonkeykong 09-26-2009 02:32 PM

Ok mate, I kind of guess that that would be your answer ;-) I'll try it out real soon.
Thanks

doonkeykong 09-26-2009 03:56 PM

Hey man, I downloaded and installed (per your instructions) the x300 files and i get an error on this line "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/Leopard" saying it could not umount the drive or find the UUID? It then seems to complete the install. All the other lines seem to do what they were intended to do. I have installed and reinstalled about 5 times now.

After I rebooted from applying your commands, the screen went from white to blue and just hung there. Quit puzzling......
_Simon

djnitehawk 09-26-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35926)
Hey man, I downloaded and installed (per your instructions) the x300 files and i get an error on this line "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/Leopard" saying it could not umount the drive or find the UUID? It then seems to complete the install. All the other lines seem to do what they were intended to do. I have installed and reinstalled about 5 times now.

After I rebooted from applying your commands, the screen went from white to blue and just hung there. Quit puzzling......
_Simon

ok scrap the 3100 files i gave ya... looks like they dont work with snow...

do a fresh install and see if those battery and sound kexts work...

ill go try to find a working driver for x3100... havent seen anybody yet who's been able to get their laptop x3100 working :-(

in the meantime, try the following as well...

do a fresh install...
browse to /s/l/e and this time, only delete the file called appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext
then reboot with those same boot flags... which includes "-f"

if that doesnt give u working graphics... delete appleintelgmax3100fb.kext
reboot like before...

if that doesnt work either... we gotta find a working x3100 graphics kext...

also... the next time ur in snow (fresh/no mods), grab a screenshot of what it says under system profiler > graphics/display

doonkeykong 09-27-2009 01:02 AM

Well, the gfx seem to work, but it doesnt like rebooting into the gfx card after install. Every time I fire up the usb with Snow image and your funky file set, it reaches the install screen every time. Its odd that it does this after installing snow.

Ok man, will try what you suggested. If worse comes to worse. I can still run kalyway 5.3 and wait for the next iATKOS, then again if its an issues with x3100 drivers and snow, that may not work either.

Thanks dude

djnitehawk 09-27-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35988)
Well, the gfx seem to work, but it doesnt like rebooting into the gfx card after install. Every time I fire up the usb with Snow image and your funky file set, it reaches the install screen every time. Its odd that it does this after installing snow.

Ok man, will try what you suggested. If worse comes to worse. I can still run kalyway 5.3 and wait for the next iATKOS, then again if its an issues with x3100 drivers and snow, that may not work either.

Thanks dude

but the installer doesnt load in full resolution right?

btw i read that even though the internal lcd doesnt work with the stock x3100 kexts, plugging in an external monitor gives full graphics...

try booting into the installed snow while an external display is plugged in, if u got one...

if an external display works with full resolution, we should try to hack the stock kexts to switch the devices around...

if the external display works, make sure u take a screenshot of system profiler > graphics/displays...

doonkeykong 09-27-2009 06:20 AM

Ok man sounds great! Well, actually your hackie which I used to boot with does give full rez at 1280x800 but it defaulted me back to 800x600 or something on reboot after I installed the voodoo_dmg file (not one of yours).

I have just tried the external display (an Asus 22 inch from my other pc). All visible again till the load screen and same white image. I will now try to take a screenie of whats going on for you. Cheers

djnitehawk 09-27-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 35998)
Ok man sounds great! Well, actually your hackie which I used to boot with does give full rez at 1280x800 but it defaulted me back to 800x600 or something on reboot after I installed the voodoo_dmg file (not one of yours).

I have just tried the external display (an Asus 22 inch from my other pc). All visible again till the load screen and same white image. I will now try to take a screenie of whats going on for you. Cheers

so dont install the voodoo_dmg :-)

doonkeykong 09-27-2009 02:45 PM

Righty then....here are the pics you requested. The first one is from sys profile, the second is some extra information that may be helpful from display profile. And...rather off topic, the third pic is what it tells me on reboot after I installed the new iATKOS V7 (which is an iso I mounted and ran from cd). If you'd rather me talk to the approriate people about iATKOS just send me that way.

I just thought I'd ask you as it is an error others are getting....and of course you seem to know more than everything about these proggies..............

You have been a great help so far thanks :-)
-Simon

doonkeykong 09-27-2009 02:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Oh, I'd better upload the pics hey :-)

Have a 1

djnitehawk 09-27-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonkeykong (Post 36047)

The first one is from sys profile

If you'd rather me talk to the approriate people about iATKOS just send me that way.

was that first pic taken from within leo10.5 or snow10.6?

cos if it was taken from snow10.6, everything seems to be in order...

anyways... im all outta options at this point... i think we might have to wait for someone to cook-up a working set of x3100 kexts...

and im not too sure about the iatkos error... best u take it up with those guys :-)

peter falon 09-27-2009 07:41 PM

Hello, I am new to this hackintosh business but I have successfully installed Ideneb 1.5.1
I have followed your step and created a bootable USB flash disk for snow leopard installation but the boot stops at

Warning- com.apple.driver.internal moderm supports declares no kernal dependencies: using com.apple.Kernel.6.0 ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin::stand wait for service(resourceMatching)
(AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment) timeout

Pls any help with that.
Thanks

doonkeykong 09-28-2009 12:20 AM

Hi dude, yes the pics were taken from within Snow 10.6. Nah its all good. Thanks a million for all your help. I can run Leo 5.3 without dramas so I'll keep doing that until something like Kalyway or iatkos comes along.

Many thanks :-)

osxfr33k 09-28-2009 05:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
djnitehawk I have attached my working dsdt.dsl, my ioreg and a PCI hack.dsl. Could you help me figure out where i need to place this into my working dsdt.dsl and exactly what changes I need to do to the PCI hack itself? I got the hack from DSDTSE the ev0sx86 patcher latest version 1.24.

I am a bit confused by what they mean at the end of the hack to add that in the beginning? Also trying to figure out what is the ID of the PCI bridge or whatever ID I need to substitute for the one they have in the example.

All 3 files inside the attached zip.

Appreciate the effort. This hack is suppose to put the Wireless card information into the PCI section of the Mac Profiler. I am not sure however if it adds any more functionality that I have now for my Wireless? I just edited the plist and added 4329 to it and my linksys wireless works fine. Just curious about the hack.

Still working on it myself with some trial and error so would appreciate some quick start help on it.

Thanks Again!!

djnitehawk 09-28-2009 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osxfr33k (Post 36106)
djnitehawk I have attached my working dsdt.dsl, my ioreg and a PCI hack.dsl. Could you help me figure out where i need to place this into my working dsdt.dsl and exactly what changes I need to do to the PCI hack itself? I got the hack from DSDTSE the ev0sx86 patcher latest version 1.24.

I am a bit confused by what they mean at the end of the hack to add that in the beginning? Also trying to figure out what is the ID of the PCI bridge or whatever ID I need to substitute for the one they have in the example.

All 3 files inside the attached zip.

Appreciate the effort. This hack is suppose to put the Wireless card information into the PCI section of the Mac Profiler. I am not sure however if it adds any more functionality that I have now for my Wireless? I just edited the plist and added 4329 to it and my linksys wireless works fine. Just curious about the hack.

Still working on it myself with some trial and error so would appreciate some quick start help on it.

Thanks Again!!

get the latest PC EFI 10.3 boot file from netkas and replce the "boot" file on ur SL root... that has the pci fix already built in... so no need to edit dsdt for that...

besides, if ur wireless is working after adding the device id, the system profiler not showing it under PCI is purely cosmetics... so dont bother...

djnitehawk 09-28-2009 05:36 AM

all good things must come to an end...

ANNOUNCEMENT:

im sorry to say that i no longer have the time necessary to help everyone individually through their problems...

i think we've already solved (more than once) most of the common problems that people encounter when using this script...

from now on i am only going to answer questions that i already know the answer to, as i just dont have the time to go hunt around for information...

a word of advise for newbies:

dont even think about installing snow leo on laptops, if this is ur first time doing a vanilla install... it will be a slow and painful death... but hey dont let that deter u from tryin :-)

for desktops, make sure you have hardware from the past 1-2 years... for ex: intel core cpu, mobo with hpet, ahci sata controller, acpi2, a recent nvidia graphics card, sata hdd, sata dvd, etc...

and always remember: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :-)

good luck everyone!!!

osxfr33k 09-28-2009 07:14 AM

Thanks all of the PCI and PCI-e devices showed up perfectly with Netaks new 10.3 EFI except the linksys PCI Airport?

I ran his ioreg script and it printed pci0 so I put that -pci0 flag in the string under the kernle flag keys and that did not help.

I might still have trial and error the DSDT no biggie.

Did you get your Wireless PCI card to show up in the profiler?

djnitehawk 09-28-2009 09:24 AM

nah i dont use pc efi... my comp doesnt wake up from sleep if i use pc efi... so i stick to chameleon2 rc3...

so i have no pci devices listed in sys prof :-)

OzSpeedway 09-28-2009 03:46 PM

djnitehawk

I would like to thank you for this brillant script, it is the ONLY thing that has has managed to install Snow Leopard on an ASUS P5K vanilla system. I tried every option in the book and was just about to trash this board in favor of a Gigabyte board when I thought I would give it a try. On my second attempt, I have a working system.

Some pointers for other trying to get this script to work....

When firing it up, I suggest doing so from a terminal rather then a gui. Doing so allows you to use "sudo" thereby preventing any permission errors during it's processing. Thats what I did second time around and it worked brilliantly.

In my case the only negative is that I have to put 2 kexts in S/L/E instead of E/E - my network and VoodooHDA. VoodooHDA got my sound working (ALC883) although nothing is showing on the system profiler. At this stage I am happy, sleep doesn't work (won't wake up) but I am not concerned. WIll test for a few days to see what happens but at this stage the machine is running fine on 10.6.1.

For those that are interested, I am running a plain P5K MBd, E8400, 4Gb 800 ram and an nVidia 8600GT 512Mb with dual 500Gb SATA drives. My bios is from a P5KR, version 0703.

Cheers
Bruce

doonkeykong 10-02-2009 06:50 AM

Hey djnitehawk,
It is I again :-) , with the laptop compaq presario. Well, believe it or not I have Snow working propperly on this lappie. Yes! believe it brother it is true! Only problem is that the machine is getting rather hot and the fan keeps spiking every 30 seconds or so. This is not good.

Can you advise of a kext or program that will fix this matter?
I have tried a few different voodoopower.kexts to no avail. They worked with Kalyway 5.4 but not with the new build. It would be greatly appreciated my friend if you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you

deity 10-06-2009 07:55 AM

Great idea for a script, I'm really interested in using it but I have one problem so far. In tip #2 you suggest to find a guide for the motherboard in question, and the problem is I've been searching google high and low, also all the hackintosh sites i know to find a guide for my motherboard but oddly (since it's one of the boards that used to be recommended for hackintosh puropses) Noone seems to be using it? or at least not writing guides for it.

Hardware: Gigabyte P31-DS3L
Graphics: Asus 9800GT

Pretty much I'm stuck on finding the proper files for my board, and the other boards I've seen guides for either have a slightly different chipset or southbridge, and from my understanding this would likely make the files useless for me?

If you can help me get started that would be awesome.

famulusmercury 10-26-2009 08:05 AM

Get to blue screen and then it stops

I'm guessing that's because of a vid/kext issue?

MB: Asus P5E-VM HDMI (vid not used)
VID: 7800 GTX 512
Proc: Intel 9550

Did the GraphicsEnabler=No and worked like a charm! I guess I need to read the whole thread next time. Thanks for your good work!

SalG 11-01-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djnitehawk (Post 34480)
What is this?

This is a script which lets you do quick and easy Snow Leopard installs by automating the pre-install preparation process.

What exactly does the script do?

It takes care of the following:
  • Installs Chameleon 2 RC3 boot loader
  • Creates a patched dsdt.aml file for your specific motherboard
  • Installs the required kexts + boot plist
Why use this?
  • Fully automated - you only need to tell it where to install
  • No more typing commands in terminal
  • No more editing plist files
    • No need for EFI strings for nVidia graphics cards. Chameleon 2 RC3 detects them automatically.
    • No need for disk UUID strings. Again, Chameleon takes care of it.
  • Can install to any disk/partition, even to raid helper partitions
  • Can be used from within Leopard 10.5 or Snow Leopard 10.6
  • Can be used straight from the retail Snow Leo Installer DVD (follow guide below).
  • Not specific to a certain motherboard make/model.
  • Helps doing a basic pure vanilla installation quickly.
  • Can easily customize for your needs.
    • Can easily add any additional kexts for your system
    • The source code is editable
Warning:

This is not meant for complete noobs. It will not magically give you a working Snow Leopard install. The upcoming iKaros distro is recommended for that.

How do I use this?

This script could be used in a few different ways but here's the easiest way that i could come up with to get a working Snow Leo installation quickly.

Brief guide (for experienced/intermediate hackintoshers):
  1. Restore the retail "Snow Leopard Install DVD" to a read/write disk partition (hdd or usb flash drive).
  2. Download and extract the attached zip file to your desktop.
  3. Add any additional kexts your system needs to the following location: (see tip #2 below)
    • "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/Extensions/"
  4. Run the script from your "desktop/snow-installer/installnow" by double-clicking on it or via the terminal.
  5. Go through the on-screen prompts. Select the above restored install dvd partition as the target.
    • For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD" so that the installer dvd partition becomes bootable.
  6. Copy the folder "desktop/snow-installer" to the above restored location.
    • For ex: "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/"
  7. Restart the computer and boot into the above install dvd disk/partition.
  8. After the retail installer loads, go to the menu and click "Utilities" > "Terminal" and type the following to launch the script again:
    • "/snow-installer/installnow"
  9. Go through the prompts again and select your ultimate Snow Leo destination disk/partition.
    • For ex: "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"
  10. Close the terminal and continue with the retail snow leopard installer and select the same location you chose in step 9 as the target for installing.
    • "/Volumes/MySnowLeo"
That's it in 10 easy steps!!!

Is this guaranteed to work?

Hell no!!! No guarantees...
Use at your own risk...

This is just a tool that i made to make my life easier when doing new OSX installations for myself and friends. Just wanted to give something back to the community.

I apologize in advance if i don't answer your questions in a timely manner. Im sure all the other knowledgeable members here will step in and help...

Last but not least... My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the following people:

-The Chameleon Team (for a kick ass boot loader)
-Netkas (for fakesmc)
-Fassl (for the dsdt patcher)
-Voodoo Team (for voodoohda and voodoops2)
-Psystar (for openhaltrestart)
-iAtkos Team (for giving me my first fully working hackintosh)
-Everyone else that's made OSX86 a reality.

LONG LIVE THE HACKINTOSH SCENE!!!

Note for non-nVidia graphics card users:

If your graphics card is not nVidia, chameleon's auto graphics detection will not work. Before doing anything, please edit the file "desktop/snow-installer/filez/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist" and change the "Yes" to "No" where it says:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Then you will have to take whatever measure necessary to add the proper graphics card support by using EFI strings, injectors/enablers, custom kexts, etc. Just search the web/forums for help with that...

Tip 1:

Before running this script, please go through your bios setup and make sure that the following(or similar) are enabled if available. these settings help in trouble[free/less] booting.

hpet(high precision event timer), sata ahci, intel xd(execute disable bit), intel vt (virtualization technology), acpi 2, s3 sleep state, intel speedstep

even if they are not available, just give it a whirl and see what happens.

Tip 2:

The kexts that are included in this package are only the real basic ones that are required to get a basic vanilla system running on any modern desktop assuming it has sata hdd's with ahci support + multi core intel processor + intel chipset on southbridge etc...

You may have to add any additional kexts your system might need for ex: sound + network + ide hdd support etc. if they are not detected by the stock kexts that come with snow leo...

The best way to figure out what additional kexts are needed, is to look at a guide specifically written for you motherboard or computer model and see which kexts are missing and simply add them in step 3 of the above guide.

Tip 3:

Some kexts such as network card drivers, sound drivers (voodoohda) do not work from "/Extra/Extensions" if that's the case for you, simply move them to "/System/Library/Extensions" once you get your basic snow leo up and running.

Tip 4:

After messing with the "/System/Library/Extensions" always issue the following commands in the terminal so that there wont be any errors regarding permissions and outdated boot caches:
  • sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions
  • sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
  • sudo diskutil repairpermissions /volumes/NAMEOFSNOWVOLUME
  • sudo touch /system/library/extensions
Tip 5:

This script generates and places a dsdt.aml file on the target disk which will only work with the computer you ran it on.

If you want to try booting that disk on a different computer, you can temporarily disable the loading of the patched dsdt.aml by interrupting chameleon at boot time by pressing any key and typing in the following:

"DSDT=nothing.aml" without quotes.

Tip 6:

The
patched dsdt.aml currently does not include the "cmos reset fix" which is required if your bios/cmos gets corrupted/reset everytime you reboot. So if your mobo suffers from this problem, you will have to edit your dsdt manually. Guide's can be found on the net on how to do that...

Im currently trying to learn the C language so i can update Fassl's dsdt patcher code with the cmos reset fix. If any of you C pros out there would like to help, that would be great!!!

Revision History
:

v1.0:
  • Initial release
v1.1
  • fixed issues encountered when running from within leopard 10.5
  • solved bash external command dependencies when running from the retail dvd installer
  • increased error checking for trouble[free/less] operation
  • enabled manual volume mounting/unmounting in case of error
  • updated the guide for better and trouble[free/less] install experience
Request from the pros:

If you think any of the info on this post is incorrect or could be improved, please do let me know...

And you guys are welcome to edit the script and make improvements to it. Just send me a copy so i can post it up here...

Hi,
I've installed with your guide SL from retail-DVD on my NB Asus G71v plus few kextes. Your guide is excellent, my NB works almost as a dream. However sysinfo (also ioreg in both Leo and SL) shows it as MacPro2.1 (maybe your install script also?). My only problem at this point is: the blower from CPU or/and motherboard goes permanently. What can I do?

My config:
ASUS G71V
Core 2 Quad QX9300
NVidia 9700M GT 512MB
Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S
4GB 1066 DDR3
2x500GB SATA HD Hitachi HTS545050KTA300
D-Link 643 WLAN Expresscard

TwitchyRoss 11-09-2009 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey I've got the same problem here, can I please attach my DSDT.dsl file for recompiling here?

djnitehawk 12-03-2009 04:38 PM

hi guys,

sorry for being absent from this forum as i've been bogged down with work...

things are slowing down now and i was wondering if people still find this script useful and if it was worth spending some time to update the package with the latest bits.

let me know if you would like me to update this pkg so that it will work properly with snow leo 10.6.2...

i personally havent updated to 10.6.2 yet but will do soon...

if enough people would like to see this script updated, will do that too :-)

framesx2x 12-04-2009 01:49 AM

update

welcome back dude

would you be working on a new script for 10.6.2 update....:D

vipercat..

flowrider 12-04-2009 09:52 AM

I'd be interested if you could include a driver for a Realtek 8169 chipset. I'm having real problems with getting it configured.

djnitehawk 12-05-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowrider (Post 40511)
I'd be interested if you could include a driver for a Realtek 8169 chipset. I'm having real problems with getting it configured.

this should work for ya http://www.kexts.com/view/117-realte...update_!!.html

foster 12-10-2009 05:20 AM

Worked on a Gigabyte G31M-E2L

This works great on the Gigabyte G31M-ESL motherboard with Intel e5300

one question can I enable 64 bit kernel without any issues?

djnitehawk 12-10-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foster (Post 40861)
This works great on the Gigabyte G31M-ESL motherboard with Intel e5300

one question can I enable 64 bit kernel without any issues?

should work... my wifi didnt work in 64bit cos apple didnt ship a 64 version of the airport kext back in 10.6.

foster 12-13-2009 03:08 AM

I did have to use Voodoo HDA kext to enable sound and to save me some grief with network bought a Netgear GA311

I really wish to use the onboard Gigabit Ethernet and not have to use voodoo HDA.

But everytime I try AppleHDA I get a KP from kextd i cant tell what is the offending kext
I remove The VooDoo one when I use AppleHDA.

I found a snow leaopard ALC883 Kext on The Project OS X forum.

mihirx 01-05-2010 06:54 AM

gr8 wrk dj-nitehawk

gr8 thx dj-nitehawk for your hard-work!!

i would like to install Autodesk Smoke for mac and for that minimum sys req is Snow Leopard 10.6.2, hence it would be great if you can update your script for 10.6.2

btw, right now i hav iPC Leopard 10.5.6 running

also, hope snowleopard_10a432_userdvd can be used to install SL by ur method, with my current dual-boot staying intact (i.e. WinXP and iPC 10.5.6), coz will need WinXP as well.

and can i install SL 10.6 (10a432) from ur guide and then software update to 10.6.2??

-anyway, gr8 thx!! gr8 job!! ;)

EDIT:
my specs if reqd;
C2D E6750 2.66ghz
DG33FB mobo
Palit GTS250 512mb
250GB+1TB SATA HDD

barrsurf 01-06-2010 07:26 AM

I've tried a couple of installation methods, Lifehacker's and sk1nhd33t's. I've restored a retail dmg to a Sandisk 8gb thumb drive, partitioned in GUID. I am trying to install on a 60gb IDE HDD in an external USB case. I have a 500 gb SATA drive for data, but not installed yet. I only get a blinking cursor at boot-up.
pertinent (I believe) BIOS settings
1st boot device: USB Sandisk
SATA: AHCI
HPET: Enabled
AM I missing a USB BOOT enabled? Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

*SOLVED*
I had a bad USB Thumb drive.

Now I can make it through setup, but am unable to log in. It doesn't recognize Username, Password. I re-setup with no password, but still no luck. It is an external drive, so I can go to a SL machine if anyone knows how to get past log in.

Thanks

MSI X58M
i7 920
4gb DDR3
BFG GTS250

Aqeel 06-07-2010 02:26 PM

Install Snow Leopard on Hackintosh

Hey, dj nitehawk

I have used your method to install Snow Leopard on PC. I am now having two problems

1 CD/DVD drive is not working
2 ALC 888 sound card not working.

Here are my specs:
Mainboard: Intel DG33FB
Processor: Core2Quad Q6600
RAM: 2 GB
Audio: ALC888
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800GS

tukangreka 06-10-2010 04:27 AM

hi guys,

I used the snow installer provided here with a snow leopard iso restored on my pendrive. then I copied the extra folder from here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...topic=210118ot made the booter into the ASUS-K50IN/K40IN-BootCD v2.

managed to get to the boot screen and pressed enter to get the installation started. It started reading then this happend.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...x/IMG_2358.jpgWhat could have caused this ? Im using a Asus K40IN.
thanks...

jhernandez 08-01-2010 10:50 AM

I've the same result using an ASUS K50IN, using 10.6.3 version
Almost the same screen from tukangreka, final message: System uptime in nanoseconds: some large number
I've already tried:
-boot with "ForceHPET=Yes"
-nullcpupowermanagement ktext
-there is no option for enabling the HPET via the bios

There is a lot of people in this forum with a successful asus k50IN hackintosh, some say this is the ideal laptop for osx...
Someone can help me?