InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Installing OS X on an AMD Phenom (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1611)

Archangel47 12-22-2008 03:34 PM

Yupeeee bro thkx

Thanks TO LAWLESSPPC !

System config :

Motherboard : M2N32-SLI Deluxe chipset nForce590SLI
BIOS Update : 2001 or 2101 - important is that is the last one (default config)
Processor : AMD Phenom 9600
GPU : nVIDIA GTX280 Gigabyte 1 GB ram / 512 bits
RAM : 4 x 1 GB Kingstone
HDD : 1 x 1 TB WD SATA 2
1 x 1 TB Seagate SATA 2 (stupid company don't like)
1 x 250 GB WD SATA 2
1 x 250 GB Seagate SATA 2
1 x 350 GB WD - USB external
1 x 500 GB WD - USB external
DVD : ASUS DVD RW - IDE

The DVD is to Primary Master and i have instaled mac on 250 GB Seagate SATA 2 who's on SATA 4 controller !

I tried without success to install :

* iDeneb v1.3 osx86 10.5.5 - installed but after first reboot , gived me errors like : Still waiting for the root device , continously loop restarting , end every errors depending on my bios modifications .
* Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd , but when booting from the DVD keep restarting at the Darwin boot after like 2-3 sec .

After 48 hours for not sleeping i have downloaded your DVD image burn it and installed .
GREAT WORK MAN ! It works. Indeed my CREATIVE X-FI Extreme Audio dont have the drivers but i will find them . And the second problem is the network card . If i use nForce network is not working the internet but after i puted the cable into a REALTEK network card it's just begin to work !

I have made this account just to tell you : THANKS MAN !

Now i have a question : What it will hapend if i update this version to : 10.5.6 . My Update Tools found this release for update to MAC website ! What do you say ? If you wish i could add you to my Y ! mess list !

I think i will install this update and see what happens ! :D

AGAIN ! THANKS ALLOT MAN !

excuse my english ! i'm roumanian :) :D !

KingBecks 12-22-2008 07:26 PM

What doe your post has to do in my thread??? :D:D
Seriosly - why didnt you make a new thread??

Still nobody with an answer to my question?
Quote:

So what now? How do i have to integrate this kext? Do i have to burn it onto the cd or what?

LawlessPPC 12-22-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel47 (Post 19761)
Thanks TO LAWLESSPPC !

System config :

Motherboard : M2N32-SLI Deluxe chipset nForce590SLI
BIOS Update : 2001 or 2101 - important is that is the last one (default config)
Processor : AMD Phenom 9600
GPU : nVIDIA GTX280 Gigabyte 1 GB ram / 512 bits
RAM : 4 x 1 GB Kingstone
HDD : 1 x 1 TB WD SATA 2
1 x 1 TB Seagate SATA 2 (stupid company don't like)
1 x 250 GB WD SATA 2
1 x 250 GB Seagate SATA 2
1 x 350 GB WD - USB external
1 x 500 GB WD - USB external
DVD : ASUS DVD RW - IDE

The DVD is to Primary Master and i have instaled mac on 250 GB Seagate SATA 2 who's on SATA 4 controller !

I tried without success to install :

* iDeneb v1.3 osx86 10.5.5 - installed but after first reboot , gived me errors like : Still waiting for the root device , continously loop restarting , end every errors depending on my bios modifications .
* Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd , but when booting from the DVD keep restarting at the Darwin boot after like 2-3 sec .

After 48 hours for not sleeping i have downloaded your DVD image burn it and installed .
GREAT WORK MAN ! It works. Indeed my CREATIVE X-FI Extreme Audio dont have the drivers but i will find them . And the second problem is the network card . If i use nForce network is not working the internet but after i puted the cable into a REALTEK network card it's just begin to work !

I have made this account just to tell you : THANKS MAN !

Now i have a question : What it will hapend if i update this version to : 10.5.6 . My Update Tools found this release for update to MAC website ! What do you say ? If you wish i could add you to my Y ! mess list !

I think i will install this update and see what happens ! :D

AGAIN ! THANKS ALLOT MAN !

excuse my english ! i'm roumanian :) :D !

to update you need to use tools to patch the updates so they will run on amd but if you update to the latest voodoo kernel this shouldnt be a problem dont quote me as i am still running 10.5.5

LawlessPPC 12-22-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingBecks (Post 19774)
What doe your post has to do in my thread??? :D:D
Seriosly - why didnt you make a new thread??

Still nobody with an answer to my question?

yes the kext has to be added to the dvd as this is the only data you will be running when the system is trying to look for your chipset. Adding kexts to an image is quite easy the info is scattered all over the net and on here

KingBecks 12-22-2008 11:31 PM

So I searched the net but i couldnt find something helpful for me Can you tell me how to put the kext into the iso? because my iso looks like that: (i cant even see any folders)
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2...anntni9.th.jpg

nfoav8or 12-23-2008 08:05 AM

not hard enough...

Injecting Drivers Into an Install DVD, A tutorial

I used this about a year ago when I was still "wet behind the ears" after getting a new AMD system and not knowing how to inject a driver.

KingBecks 12-23-2008 10:41 PM

Jeah sry, but its not easy for a german (like me) to search for english HowTo's. :p

So I tried to work through this HowTo but I couldnt get Mac running on my machine using VMware. Unfortunatly I cant use my friends' MacBook because he's on vacation :-/ and I dont want to wait three weeks either. So I'd be very glad (:D:D:D:D) if one of you could insert the kext to the mkext an upload the whole file. :)

nfoav8or 12-23-2008 11:03 PM

if this is the case, you'd be better off giving iPC a try. the download will take about the same (maybe even shorter with all the possible seeds) ... (oops, I said seeds....:mad:)

how many other How-To's have you looked at to get OS X working on VMware? maybe I could help point you to a few.

KingBecks 12-23-2008 11:13 PM

I think i read three HowTo's.
Look - what i want to reach is not getting an expert in VMware. i just want to get MacOS :p. But thats not the biggest problem. The big thing is, that i do have a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow internet connection. Even downloading VMware Workstation would take 3 hours.
And by the way pointing me throught the HowTo's would take much longer than just uploading the mkext. But if you dont want to I'll wait till my friend comes back

nfoav8or 12-23-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingBecks (Post 19917)
I think i read three HowTo's.
Look - what i want to reach is not getting an expert in VMware. i just want to get MacOS :p. But thats not the biggest problem. The big thing is, that i do have a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow internet connection. Even downloading VMware Workstation would take 3 hours.
And by the way pointing me throught the HowTo's would take much longer than just uploading the mkext. But if you dont want to I'll wait till my friend comes back

I'll PM you with what I would need to help you out. its on its way.