InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Leopard 10.5 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Installing OS X on an AMD Phenom (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1611)

KingBecks 11-18-2008 06:31 PM

Installing OS X on an AMD Phenom

First I have to say, that im not american or english, so i want to apologize for every mistake im going to do :D:D:D
Now my problem: A few weeks ago i got a new pc, which looks like that:
Mainboard: ASUS M3N78-EH (nForce 730a)
GraphicCard: Gainward NVidia 9600
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950

Now i wanted to ask if its possible for me to use macOS. If so, then please tell me where to download the stuff i need. thanks ;)

nfoav8or 11-19-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingBecks (Post 18274)
First I have to say, that im not american or english, so i want to apologize for every mistake im going to do.
Now my problem: A few weeks ago i got a new pc, which looks like that:
Mainboard: ASUS M3N78-EH (nForce 730a)
GraphicCard: Gainward NVidia 9600
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950

Now i wanted to ask if its possible for me to use macOS. If so, then please tell me where to download the stuff i need. thanks ;)

We can tell you WHAT to download, but not where... this forum does not wish to establish any connection with any torrent sites which point trackers to people seeding this stuff all over the world on the net.

Next, check around for the support of nForce 730... before reading any other distros support sites, the first thought that comes to my mind is LawlessPPC's 10.5.4 AMD distro. This was a great Phenom supporter and still is the best (IMO). You might have support from iDeneb (although I am not sure about their Phenom support). Best of luck searching the sea for a pirated version ;-)... little torrent humor there for ya.. Har Har... OK its late. I'm going to bed.

KingBecks 12-11-2008 09:06 PM

After I startet the Lawless-PCC DVD the system holds on with the following issue: "waiting for root device". I think thats because of my chip. Is there any chance for me to get MacOS working?

Puttabong 12-11-2008 09:27 PM

Hi KingBecks,

http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/possib...-device-t1467/

KingBecks 12-11-2008 10:26 PM

Unfortunetly, none of this works for me :'( Anything else I can try??

KingBecks 12-13-2008 10:36 AM

no ideas?? :(:(

axhi 12-13-2008 11:27 AM

You need a distro w/ nforce support. Not sure if Lawless has it but you need to boot with the flag nforce. I know its a common problem with all nforce boards. Look into in this forum or other osx86 forums

nfoav8or 12-13-2008 01:00 PM

check over at insanely mac via this link:
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127212

however this is only for Intel... I would try to grab any kexts they are using and attempt to fix your install DVD's .iso file with it.

KingBecks 12-13-2008 01:09 PM

nfoav8or, as i can see in your signature it is possible to use MacOS with an nForce chipset. Did you do anything special for the instalation?

Some weeks ago i tried to install OpenSuSE on my pc. But I also couldnt connect to my hard drive. I think the 730a is a bit roblematic :-/

Is it possible to get this chip supported by myself or do i have to wait for another version of LawlessPCC?

nfoav8or 12-13-2008 01:18 PM

well mine's an earlier nForce chipset that doesn't have as many complications... thats why I gave such short advice earlier in the thread... because thats all that was needed for mine to work. It helps that I've got OS X running on my macbook so I can create a flash drive installer that I can edit later and put the correct kexts on it... EXCEPT that the correct kernel extensions are already on these install DVDs that we've been mentioning...

so I'm kind of at a loss as to what is going on with your 730...

KingBecks 12-13-2008 01:49 PM

Isnt it possible to create this kext by myself?

LawlessPPC 12-13-2008 03:18 PM

your chipset is not supported by my distro you need to get the right kext (driver) for your chipset. If you are up to it look at the boot-132 methods as you can get it to load kexts up b4 the dvd starts this would save you having to make or edit my distro

KingBecks 12-13-2008 11:36 PM

Where from should i get the kext?

nfoav8or 12-14-2008 04:01 AM

did you look through the thread at the link I posted earlier... I'll keep my eye open as well for it but you need to read through that thread and try to extract that kext somewhere within it.

KingBecks 12-14-2008 11:04 AM

nfoav8or... yes i dit but:
1. isnt it just for Intel CPUs?
2. I dont speak english natively so i have a lot of problems understanding that, i'll try but i think it'll take a lot of time :'(

*edit*
I downloaded CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php. First thing i noticed is that it says the chipset would be an nForce 720a. But i do have a 730a. Could it be that windows is using the 720a driver?

KingBecks 12-14-2008 01:41 PM

So here is my computer hardware:

Motherboard: ASUS M3N78-EH
Chipset: nForce 730a
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition
CPU speed: 1300 MHz
RAM: 4GB OCZ Dual Channel
DVD Drive: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1712 ATA
Hard Drive(s): 500GB Seagate S-ATA / one partition
200GB Western Digital S-ATA
Current OS: Seagate: Windows Vista Ultimate x86_64
Western Digital: EMPTY (MacOS should go here)
Graphic card: GAINWARD nVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
Audio chipset. ALC 883 High Defenition Audio 8-channel CODEC
LAN chipset. NVIDIA nForce network controller
USB 2.0 ports: 4 intern / 4 extern
Available Osx86 install DVDs: LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD
A fried of mine has baught an Intel MacBook a month ago
problems during installation: waiting for root device
Bios Screens:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1...0937ve7.th.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4...0936lt1.th.jpg

More detailed infos: http://rapidshare.com/files/173260444/l.pdf

nfoav8or 12-14-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawlessPPC (Post 19227)
your chipset is not supported by my distro you need to get the right kext (driver) for your chipset. If you are up to it look at the boot-132 methods as you can get it to load kexts up b4 the dvd starts this would save you having to make or edit my distro

he is going to need a working OS X system to install the boot-132 method in order for his chipset to be supported.

@ KingBecks -
1. yes its for intel... I stated that above. I also said you should be able to look through and find the kext used... this nForce series 7 kext is the same throughout Intel / AMD.
2. Don't worry about it. we'll work through it :)

for your edit... cpu-z might not be able to distinguish between them... windows handles these chipset drivers a little differently than OS X. a good chart-flow diagram can be found over at pcwizcomputer.com (along with a lot of other really good info)... this helped a few people understand their systems a little better. the direct link was posted here in the forums (can't find it now).

also, thanks for the complete specs. it helps.

KingBecks 12-15-2008 05:24 PM

you mean this one? http://code.google.com/p/darwin-ata/...t.zip&can=2&q=

nfoav8or 12-15-2008 10:36 PM

hmm... I'll look into it. I'm skeptical because of the lack of documentation or intro that states compatible systems.

KingBecks 12-18-2008 09:42 PM

So what now? How do i have to integrate this kext? Do i have to burn it onto the cd or what? :-|

Archangel47 12-22-2008 03:34 PM

Yupeeee bro thkx

Thanks TO LAWLESSPPC !

System config :

Motherboard : M2N32-SLI Deluxe chipset nForce590SLI
BIOS Update : 2001 or 2101 - important is that is the last one (default config)
Processor : AMD Phenom 9600
GPU : nVIDIA GTX280 Gigabyte 1 GB ram / 512 bits
RAM : 4 x 1 GB Kingstone
HDD : 1 x 1 TB WD SATA 2
1 x 1 TB Seagate SATA 2 (stupid company don't like)
1 x 250 GB WD SATA 2
1 x 250 GB Seagate SATA 2
1 x 350 GB WD - USB external
1 x 500 GB WD - USB external
DVD : ASUS DVD RW - IDE

The DVD is to Primary Master and i have instaled mac on 250 GB Seagate SATA 2 who's on SATA 4 controller !

I tried without success to install :

* iDeneb v1.3 osx86 10.5.5 - installed but after first reboot , gived me errors like : Still waiting for the root device , continously loop restarting , end every errors depending on my bios modifications .
* Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd , but when booting from the DVD keep restarting at the Darwin boot after like 2-3 sec .

After 48 hours for not sleeping i have downloaded your DVD image burn it and installed .
GREAT WORK MAN ! It works. Indeed my CREATIVE X-FI Extreme Audio dont have the drivers but i will find them . And the second problem is the network card . If i use nForce network is not working the internet but after i puted the cable into a REALTEK network card it's just begin to work !

I have made this account just to tell you : THANKS MAN !

Now i have a question : What it will hapend if i update this version to : 10.5.6 . My Update Tools found this release for update to MAC website ! What do you say ? If you wish i could add you to my Y ! mess list !

I think i will install this update and see what happens ! :D

AGAIN ! THANKS ALLOT MAN !

excuse my english ! i'm roumanian :) :D !

KingBecks 12-22-2008 07:26 PM

What doe your post has to do in my thread??? :D:D
Seriosly - why didnt you make a new thread??

Still nobody with an answer to my question?
Quote:

So what now? How do i have to integrate this kext? Do i have to burn it onto the cd or what?

LawlessPPC 12-22-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel47 (Post 19761)
Thanks TO LAWLESSPPC !

System config :

Motherboard : M2N32-SLI Deluxe chipset nForce590SLI
BIOS Update : 2001 or 2101 - important is that is the last one (default config)
Processor : AMD Phenom 9600
GPU : nVIDIA GTX280 Gigabyte 1 GB ram / 512 bits
RAM : 4 x 1 GB Kingstone
HDD : 1 x 1 TB WD SATA 2
1 x 1 TB Seagate SATA 2 (stupid company don't like)
1 x 250 GB WD SATA 2
1 x 250 GB Seagate SATA 2
1 x 350 GB WD - USB external
1 x 500 GB WD - USB external
DVD : ASUS DVD RW - IDE

The DVD is to Primary Master and i have instaled mac on 250 GB Seagate SATA 2 who's on SATA 4 controller !

I tried without success to install :

* iDeneb v1.3 osx86 10.5.5 - installed but after first reboot , gived me errors like : Still waiting for the root device , continously loop restarting , end every errors depending on my bios modifications .
* Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd , but when booting from the DVD keep restarting at the Darwin boot after like 2-3 sec .

After 48 hours for not sleeping i have downloaded your DVD image burn it and installed .
GREAT WORK MAN ! It works. Indeed my CREATIVE X-FI Extreme Audio dont have the drivers but i will find them . And the second problem is the network card . If i use nForce network is not working the internet but after i puted the cable into a REALTEK network card it's just begin to work !

I have made this account just to tell you : THANKS MAN !

Now i have a question : What it will hapend if i update this version to : 10.5.6 . My Update Tools found this release for update to MAC website ! What do you say ? If you wish i could add you to my Y ! mess list !

I think i will install this update and see what happens ! :D

AGAIN ! THANKS ALLOT MAN !

excuse my english ! i'm roumanian :) :D !

to update you need to use tools to patch the updates so they will run on amd but if you update to the latest voodoo kernel this shouldnt be a problem dont quote me as i am still running 10.5.5

LawlessPPC 12-22-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingBecks (Post 19774)
What doe your post has to do in my thread??? :D:D
Seriosly - why didnt you make a new thread??

Still nobody with an answer to my question?

yes the kext has to be added to the dvd as this is the only data you will be running when the system is trying to look for your chipset. Adding kexts to an image is quite easy the info is scattered all over the net and on here

KingBecks 12-22-2008 11:31 PM

So I searched the net but i couldnt find something helpful for me Can you tell me how to put the kext into the iso? because my iso looks like that: (i cant even see any folders)
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2...anntni9.th.jpg

nfoav8or 12-23-2008 08:05 AM

not hard enough...

Injecting Drivers Into an Install DVD, A tutorial

I used this about a year ago when I was still "wet behind the ears" after getting a new AMD system and not knowing how to inject a driver.

KingBecks 12-23-2008 10:41 PM

Jeah sry, but its not easy for a german (like me) to search for english HowTo's. :p

So I tried to work through this HowTo but I couldnt get Mac running on my machine using VMware. Unfortunatly I cant use my friends' MacBook because he's on vacation :-/ and I dont want to wait three weeks either. So I'd be very glad (:D:D:D:D) if one of you could insert the kext to the mkext an upload the whole file. :)

nfoav8or 12-23-2008 11:03 PM

if this is the case, you'd be better off giving iPC a try. the download will take about the same (maybe even shorter with all the possible seeds) ... (oops, I said seeds....:mad:)

how many other How-To's have you looked at to get OS X working on VMware? maybe I could help point you to a few.

KingBecks 12-23-2008 11:13 PM

I think i read three HowTo's.
Look - what i want to reach is not getting an expert in VMware. i just want to get MacOS :p. But thats not the biggest problem. The big thing is, that i do have a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow internet connection. Even downloading VMware Workstation would take 3 hours.
And by the way pointing me throught the HowTo's would take much longer than just uploading the mkext. But if you dont want to I'll wait till my friend comes back

nfoav8or 12-23-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingBecks (Post 19917)
I think i read three HowTo's.
Look - what i want to reach is not getting an expert in VMware. i just want to get MacOS :p. But thats not the biggest problem. The big thing is, that i do have a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow internet connection. Even downloading VMware Workstation would take 3 hours.
And by the way pointing me throught the HowTo's would take much longer than just uploading the mkext. But if you dont want to I'll wait till my friend comes back

I'll PM you with what I would need to help you out. its on its way.

KingBecks 12-24-2008 12:27 PM

Unfortunetly it still doesnt work :'( So if anyone knowes which kext needs to be used, then PLEASE tell me!!

gully666uk 01-16-2009 11:03 PM

I need help with this chipset myself, tried managed to install xxx 10.5.6 but its really slow and show none of the other drives.

gully666uk 01-17-2009 02:00 AM

Also here is some info 10de-0ad0 and 10de-0759 for ide channels, vendor id and hardware ids

KingBecks 01-21-2009 07:18 PM

So LawlessPPC dont you think its time for another release? :D:D:D

LawlessPPC 01-22-2009 12:32 AM

there will never be another release unless i can get my usb pendrive distro sorted which would require just a few mb to download of mine then just use a retail disc

LawlessPPC 01-22-2009 12:39 AM

as another note im starting to feel a bit guilty about the attention this distro has grabbed. The way to make one is really not all that difficult and also i had a great base to start with which was zephyroths release and all credit goes to him. All I did was add the bit to give phenom support edit the installer and and some drivers that i could test that where broken on 10.5.4. Seriously it probably to a week at few hours a night. I did want to do alot more with it but seeing as the support was thin on the ground for phenom support from a non working system that why i released it at the stage i did. This is also why i added to the readme if it doesnt work on your system it isnt meant for it. I do hope i can manage my pendrive release!!!! But time is thin on the ground these days

KingBecks 01-28-2009 02:53 PM

Do you think my chipset will be supported in future or should i just buy a new mainboard?

nfoav8or 01-28-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawlessPPC (Post 21301)
there will never be another release unless i can get my usb pendrive distro sorted which would require just a few mb to download of mine then just use a retail disc

I thought that if you booted up with a USB device for a bootloader then you couldn't access the DVD/CD drive with the boot flags? is this not true anymore? I thought this was a big hurdle for the X Devs over at InsanelyMac during their early LIVE DVD trials.

LawlessPPC 01-29-2009 12:01 AM

i thought this situation was sorted. I havnt really had the time to look at it properly. May book some time of work and enjoy myself by having a look at it seriously

SolidSnakeVI 04-20-2009 11:45 AM

will my AMD x3 phenom work with this distro

my specs are:

AMD Phenom 64 X3 Triple Core Processor 8750
Gigabyte Technology GA M56S S3 motherboard
4GB Dual Channel
NVIDIA Ge Force 8800GT 512 MB
Western Digital 750 GBytes ATA SATA-II
Toshiba External HDD 160 Gbytes
EXCEL JH-600 TV Tuner HDTV

please let me know thanks in advance:)

gully666uk 04-20-2009 01:37 PM

Iv got everthing apart from my dvd drive after install working with my motherbard using ahci mode not sata and using xxx 10.5.6 distro.Even managed to get it to dual boot on the same hard drive with vista.My motherboard is the m3n78-eh and i use a soundblaster live 24 bit external and soundflower for 5.1 sound .Im reasonably happy with it.Having a dvd drive isnt that important with osx so i can cope for now.Using Chameleon 2.0RC1 to choose which os.I hope others can get it working fine like me.