InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Is this how the OSx86 scene is going? (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=2036)

cmdshft 01-31-2009 03:42 AM

Is this how the OSx86 scene is going?

1 Attachment(s)
http://hara.ipwn.me/other/files/pict...lymacabuse.pdf

If so, I am officially leaving InsanelyMac forever. It's painfully obvious that Fubra cares about nothing more than money, they refuse to reprimand their staff and members and let them run rampant. It's utterly disgusting how they let this go on.

I refuse to associate with them anymore. There will be no more releases posted by me on InsanelyMac, and if the same actions occur here, I will also deprive this forum of releases.

I am disgusted to call myself an InsanelyMac member because of this.

I have shot Sabr an email in hopes that he may be able to do something, whether Fubra approves or not, but again, with all the admins they have, you'd think they would take control of it.

It's a real shame that InsanelyMac is the virtual hub of OSx86.

If you agree and wish to embrace ALL aspects of OSx86 (distro's AND retail, and legacy and modern hardware support) and wish to see an end to this ridiculous behavior, then I implore you to post below and show your support and disgust for the way that Hagar and his cronies treat respectable OSx86 developers, especially one who's put out more incredibly useful tools (hell, even an entire new OSx86 DISTRO!) than anyone else on the scene, which are more valuable than simply posting command line methods and doing nothing more as some do.

Daverto 01-31-2009 06:27 AM

Hey, I completely agree with you. They should not do that to ~PCWiz, someone who was just trying to get some help with iPC.

I have also removed myself from InsanelyMac, and have made an account here.

zephyroth 01-31-2009 10:03 AM

The first time I created a release (the first "working" Leopard for AMD ... :)) more than one year ago, the thread about it was removed in a month or two from InsanelyMac without any explication... That's why this forum has been created at first.
But nobody treated my work like they did to PCWIZ ...

I agree with you too, there are a lot of retards @ Insanely Mac ... Prolly more than everywhere else ...

If they still act like this there will be more and more people who will leave them ... And this is cool for this forum !

throttlemeister 01-31-2009 12:14 PM

I am relatively new to the OSx86 thingie, but it seems like Insanelymac is more like a Voodoo-group(ie) forum than a generic place to gain and spread knowledge of getting OSX running on non-Apple hardware. Of course I could be totally wrong, would not be the first time. Won't be the last either. :)

R0GUE 01-31-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hara Taiki (Post 21596)
and if the same actions occur here, I will also deprive this forum of releases.

I perfectly understand why you feel the way you do about the behaviour over at insanelymac and I can assure you that no such behaviour would be entertained here within these boards. Unfortunately insanely has become overgrown and out-of-control and I think that's why more and more people are coming here because we are the complete opposite. Its a shame really because insanely has such a vast wealth of talent and knowledge but it is shrouded in a sometimes negative environment.

cmdshft 01-31-2009 05:15 PM

It is a shame, and I do agree with Zephyroth. I was talking to joe75 last night and he suggested trying to post things to revive some other resources, like OSx86Scene, hackint0sh.org and any other we find. People talk and if they can find it they will go, and I'd really like to shift some of the attention away from InsanelyMac.

I've also gotten a response from Sabr, so once something goes on a little farther with that route I'll definitely post and let you know what's possibly going to happen.

FirstHackTosh 01-31-2009 07:05 PM

I didn't read the whole thread, but one question.
Why did they do this?

R0GUE 01-31-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstHackTosh (Post 21620)
I didn't read the whole thread, but one question.
Why did they do this?

Maybe you should read the thread ;)

Ali C. 01-31-2009 10:21 PM

Whoa, what's going on? That link's throwing me a 404.
I thought it was friendlier here but wasn't going to judge just because questions I ask there get ignored while here they get fair replies.

Daverto 01-31-2009 10:35 PM

Should be working, link is fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali C. (Post 21637)
Whoa, what's going on? That link's throwing me a 404.
I thought it was friendlier here but wasn't going to judge just because questions I ask there get ignored while here they get fair replies.