InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   iPC OSx86 10.5.6 problems/wishes (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1879)

InteliMacPro 01-18-2009 11:28 AM

Yes i installed an earlier build of quicktime (still 7.5.5) and the mouse lag goes away. So if iPC included the earlier build of quicktime (but still iTunes 8.0.2) or the 10.5.5 graphics kexts, the problem would be solved.

cmdshft 01-18-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliMacPro (Post 21155)
Yes i installed an earlier build of quicktime (still 7.5.5) and the mouse lag goes away. So if iPC included the earlier build of quicktime (but still iTunes 8.0.2) or the 10.5.5 graphics kexts, the problem would be solved.

We do include the 10.5.5 kexts. Install the "Legacy GeForce" package.

InteliMacPro 01-18-2009 08:20 PM

ah ok. once ppf4 comes out i'm going to do a fresh install to see if it'll get time machine working. I'll try them then. Thanks Hara.

gully666uk 01-18-2009 10:52 PM

This is the first osx86 i have got to work with my setup for a long time,My sata drives which use the nforce 730a chipset dont appear and the read and write speed on my ide drive is pretty slow.So any support for this would be great.

cmdshft 01-19-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliMacPro (Post 21166)
ah ok. once ppf4 comes out i'm going to do a fresh install to see if it'll get time machine working. I'll try them then. Thanks Hara.

PPF4 has the Time Machine fix I supplied ~pcwiz. Make sure your internal ethernet card is working or your wireless shows up as an Airport. Time Machine will refuse to locate the target volume even with the fix installed otherwise.

InteliMacPro 01-19-2009 03:56 AM

hmm, well my ethernet is built in and works out of the box with no extra kexts installed. I don't have a wireless card. I just haven't been able to get TM to work. Hopefully ppf4 will fix the issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I read one post that said that TM expects en0 to be somewhere in there. Could my problem be that my board has two ethernet ports giving me an en0 and an en1? Could that be causing a conflict?

cmdshft 01-19-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliMacPro (Post 21177)
hmm, well my ethernet is built in and works out of the box with no extra kexts installed. I don't have a wireless card. I just haven't been able to get TM to work. Hopefully ppf4 will fix the issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I read one post that said that TM expects en0 to be somewhere in there. Could my problem be that my board has two ethernet ports giving me an en0 and an en1? Could that be causing a conflict?

No. My Ethernet shows up as en0 and my wireless is showing as en1, and Time Machine is working fine. The issue is with IONetworkingFamily.kext, and the fix supplied is a modified version from ToH that does the trick.

InteliMacPro 01-19-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hara Taiki (Post 21183)
No. My Ethernet shows up as en0 and my wireless is showing as en1, and Time Machine is working fine. The issue is with IONetworkingFamily.kext, and the fix supplied is a modified version from ToH that does the trick.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. I can't wait to try it out.

cmdshft 01-19-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliMacPro (Post 21184)
Sweet. Thanks for the info. I can't wait to try it out.

PPF4 has been posted. Go check it out, let me know if it works for you. The fix is under "Drivers".

ron73 01-19-2009 03:43 PM

Problems

I've had a running system with iPC OSx86 incl. patches 1 and 2

Yesterday I made a fresh installation with iPC OSx86 10.5.6. with patches PPF 1, 2 and 3. After reboot my system can't get past the moment after my account has been uploaded using my Apple ID and password. It looks like een problem with the kernel or ethernet, but I installed the same kernel and ethernet driver as before on my working system.

The system us able to get my name, adress etc from the internet, but in the next step a bunch of letters scrolle down my screen. In teh background i can see the screen from OS.

Anyone an idea what can be the problem?