InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   10.X (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   iPC OSx86 10.5.6 problems/wishes (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=1879)

cmdshft 02-13-2009 12:34 AM

Hm, it should work with your NIC. To make sure, remove any non working connections or connections you'll never use from the Network preferences.

iPC is also basically as vanilla as it gets too, other distro's may have replaced files with hacked versions by default. This could be why.

norcimo 02-13-2009 12:44 AM

dreadful bootup loop, PLEASE HELP

Help HARA. I have the dreadful bootup loop.

I have both the IPC 10.5.6 final and the IPC 10.5.6 DL LIVE DVD.

They both boot up and restarts. I used this at the prompt: -x -c -v, even with cpus=1, same thing, they both reboot almost immediatly.

MY system:

ASROCK 4Core1600P35 Bios 1.4,

Intel CPU 3.0Ghz E8400

Intel P35, ICH9

2 GIGS ddr3

320 SATA SEAGATE , 1 Liteon SATA DVDR

ATI 3650 PCIE

PS: Kalaway 10.5.2 boots up perfectly. How can I use this to install IPC 10.5.6, hence it does not have all the drivers I need.

oneshot 02-13-2009 12:10 PM

So far my experiance with IPC has been disappointing. I've been through many days of trying to patch it and getting help for it and it still does not work with my setup. I wish IPC the best of luck on there future versions of there distro but it will probably be a while till I try IPC again =)

oneshot 02-13-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron73 (Post 21629)
My system worked fine, but after shut down Microsoft Vista keepsrebooting and I even can't get to my OSx86. Help me,please!!!!

Is your hardrive partitioned or do you have two hardrives with seperate opperating systems on them.

If you have two seperate hardrives hooked up to your computer than make sure you press down F11 on boot and choose which hardrive to use.

If your hardrive is partitioned then you may have a problem in your BIOS and you'll need to set the hardrive you want to boot from as your master and the other one as your slave.

-Good Luck!

smileyme 02-13-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hara Taiki (Post 22294)
Hm, it should work with your NIC. To make sure, remove any non working connections or connections you'll never use from the Network preferences.

iPC is also basically as vanilla as it gets too, other distro's may have replaced files with hacked versions by default. This could be why.

I tried your suggestion to no avail. I'm not all that thrilled with TimeMachine anyway. I think it's kind of cool, but I prefer a back-up solution I can boot from. I generally keep 2 cloned copies of my boot partition. This way I always have a copy even if the boot drive and the cloning operation should both fail.

I have another machine I'm working on and it seems to be taking iPC OSx86 just fine. The board is ASUS M2A-VM AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX. It's funny but none of the other distros worked for me. I'd get some to boot but they would be unstable. I bought it because it was listed in the HCL as being completely supported with Leo4All v3. iPC OSx86 just works. The video has no acceleration but I didn't think it would, and I haven't tried very hard with iPC OSx86 as I couldn't get it to work with any of the others. I will be trying it with my Radeon 2600XT. This is fully supported in my current machine using natit.kext, but it wasn't supported in the Asus M2A with the other distros I tried. I would get software acceleration but not hardware or QE.

BTW: TimeMachine works with the Asus.

Anyway, thanks for your help,

Rick :)

naquaada 02-22-2009 05:54 PM

So, I have now a working X1600Pro package (NatitX1600 doesn't work) and a working 10.5.8 Finder from an original installation. My only problem is that System Profiler shows no CPU information (SPPlatformReporter and SPiPlatfromReporter are replaced) and 'About this Mac' shows a 3.7 GHz Core Duo. I'm using the modified Voodoo Kernel 9.6.0.

I'm using 10.5.6 Server from the DL-Image.

InteliMacPro 02-22-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naquaada (Post 22692)
So, I have now a working X1600Pro package (NatitX1600 doesn't work) and a working 10.5.8 Finder from an original installation. My only problem is that System Profiler shows no CPU information (SPPlatformReporter and SPiPlatfromReporter are replaced) and 'About this Mac' shows a 3.7 GHz Core Duo. I'm using the modified Voodoo Kernel 9.6.0.

I'm using 10.5.6 Server from the DL-Image.

Try the about this mac modifier in OSX86 Tools.

naquaada 02-22-2009 07:33 PM

Nope, this isn't working. The Core Duo is from the new kernel, but what about the 3.7 GHz? Is this changeable?

BTW: What is 'nvenet.kext'? nVidia Ethernet? I didn't select it, was installed automatically. ALF.kext (Application level firewall) produeces a lot of Error 55 outputs, so I removed it. Could this be problematic? What kexts could be removed from an AMD/ATI system? Intel GMA/GeForce and NVDA kexts are out, also all others than the X1600 kexts. What about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext?

dragonspeed 03-05-2009 03:33 AM

Help on A8N-SLI

Hello,
I see your configuration is quite similar to mine.
I am running a 2 years old lovely stable 10.4.8.
At this point I need to change to leopard.
I have been reading several forums last months and I selected finally this
iPC 10.5.6 to upgrade my system.

I am having some problems to boot for the first time.

My question is do you recommend ipc or Leo4all for the A8N-SLI premium?
My config is 2 GB Opteron 165 no overclocking and
Nvidia 7600GS PCI-e (tried nvinkjet and natit) didn't worked no display detected.

Thanks for your opinion in any case.
Dragon

tacapaca 03-05-2009 10:24 PM

Hy all,

I'm a noob in OSx86 and I'm trying for several days now to install ipc.
Everything works fine with the install until the end when it needs to restart. after I click restart and the grey background and rotating circle appears, after a 20 seconds i get a Kernel panic and i have to push the reset button on my case.

after restart i select -f string and the apple logo appears along with the rotating circle on grey and it just stands like that.
i have also tried to start osx using -v -x strings and everything is loaded in v mode, a pale blue screen appears and then nothing.

what can i do?

my system specs are:
AMD athlon 64 x2 4200+
6 GB of RAM
SATA II HDD
ATI Radeon X1650
MSI K9N Neo mainboard with NVIDIA nForce 550 Chipset

Please help i don't know what to do. thank you very much.