InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   No Installer Packages .. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3623)

OG-Phantom 08-28-2009 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeSweeet (Post 32509)
Can someone upload the BSD.pkg? I think I dumped all my Snow Leopard related files :\.

Here ya go!

BeSweeet 08-28-2009 05:51 PM

Didn't work :\. The file is only 140 bytes.

Ianxxx 08-29-2009 12:26 AM

I can confirm what's being said about installing from snow leopard fixing no installer packages , also software update crashed my first install, but not my install from within snow leopard.
God that sounds confusing!

OG-Phantom 08-29-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeSweeet (Post 32525)
Didn't work :\. The file is only 140 bytes.

Wait, did you want the bsd.pkg from the install DVD or the bsd.pkg from the receipts folder? The one I attached is from the receipts folder, not the DVD installer pkg. That file I believe is too big to attach here....

EDIT: Just checked, that file is 267MB. No way can I attach that here on a post.

BeSweeet 08-29-2009 06:14 PM

Maybe 2shared or Mediafire? I can't believe I deleted my DMG.

xxxslayeriiixxx 08-29-2009 07:15 PM

i just did a fresh install of SL within a Snow Leo System and it fixed the problem.

katiepea 09-24-2009 10:48 PM

so...!

has anyone found a solution to this outside of reinstalling snow leopard, if i reinstall the bsd.pkg it does indeed remove the error, but obviously disk utility isn't actually doing anything as its done in like 30 seconds, with NOTHING, being reported. if we knew what files needed to be replaced i could install snowleopard to a blank disc and then copy over whatever files need to be replaced to the current install. I've tried copying the receipts over from another actual mac and that didn't do anything, so i'm not very convinced this has anything to do with receipts

OG-Phantom 09-26-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiepea (Post 35777)
has anyone found a solution to this outside of reinstalling snow leopard, if i reinstall the bsd.pkg it does indeed remove the error, but obviously disk utility isn't actually doing anything as its done in like 30 seconds, with NOTHING, being reported. if we knew what files needed to be replaced i could install snowleopard to a blank disc and then copy over whatever files need to be replaced to the current install. I've tried copying the receipts over from another actual mac and that didn't do anything, so i'm not very convinced this has anything to do with receipts

Some have said that re-installing the bsd.pkg fixes the issue, but, from what I have seen, Snow Leopard needs to run in a "snow leopard" environment due to how it installs itself. There is a tutorial around here about how to boot the Snow Leo installer from a USB flashdrive.

iTuning 10-04-2009 01:07 PM

Hey, guys,

Sorry if i overlooked this been already "uncovered" and solved,
bit i found a way and wanted to share it with you anyway.

So, here's how i managed to workaround this same issue that drove me nuts :)

1. Pop in your Snow Leopard DVD
2. Open up a terminal, sudo -s + password and copy/paste in following lines:

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages
installer -pkg /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages/BSD.pkg -target /Volumes/Your_Drive/Library/Receipts/
I gave the direct path to the proper place of the receipt, but i think it should be working when giving the root "/", too.

3. Result :
installer: Package name is BSD
installer: Upgrading at base path /
2009-10-04 14:50:28.344 installer[451:742b] using receipt prefix of /
installer: The upgrade was successful.
bash-3.2#

4. Go to Disk Utility and successfully repair your permissions :)

Hope this helps,
Greetings

iamhappy 10-05-2009 06:23 AM

same here ("fixed" with bsd.pkg -> kind of broken "permission repair function") so no turbo permissions repair in SL :D

i guess i'd have to do everything again, hurraay :)

seems not possible to fix afterwards

BUT since everything works, i leave my install.

ps: i have no clue why but on the first fresh run, permissions were wrong for a lot of stuff, basically everything relating to "my user" was the most obvious - could'nt even download to desktop. created a new user... everything seems fine (running for weeks now).