InfiniteMac OSx86

InfiniteMac OSx86 (http://infinitemac.com/forum.php)
-   Snow Leopard 10.6 (http://infinitemac.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   No Installer Packages .. (http://infinitemac.com/showthread.php?t=3623)

thorazine74 10-05-2009 07:54 AM

I think the key is what OG-Phantom mentioned: running the installer from an OS that is NOT Snow Leopard results in troubles, I got the same troubles plus errors in the installations log but when I install SL booting from an USB Installer I got none at all, everything works 100% and no installation errors.
So in my opinion the only complete fix could be:
- Installing Snow booting from the DVD/USB.
- Install from Leopard launching OSInstall.mpkg, and then when you have a running Snow, install again from Snow with OSInstall.mpkg, but targeting a new partition.

callingltu 10-06-2009 01:44 AM

I can't install bsd.pkg, because during install i get KP, i've tried it 5 times and i always get KP when it's less then a minute left. Any ideas solving that? :)

x986123 10-06-2009 02:31 AM

Use Kext Utility to repair your permissions quickly.

OG-Phantom 10-08-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorazine74 (Post 36742)
I think the key is what OG-Phantom mentioned: running the installer from an OS that is NOT Snow Leopard results in troubles, I got the same troubles plus errors in the installations log but when I install SL booting from an USB Installer I got none at all, everything works 100% and no installation errors.
So in my opinion the only complete fix could be:
- Installing Snow booting from the DVD/USB.
- Install from Leopard launching OSInstall.mpkg, and then when you have a running Snow, install again from Snow with OSInstall.mpkg, but targeting a new partition.

Absolutely. I have done numerous installs, and have not been able to make a stable vanilla install without using a "boot132" (USB/DVD) style method of booting the installer or using the last method you mentioned.

OG-Phantom 10-08-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x986123 (Post 36787)
Use Kext Utility to repair your permissions quickly.

Kext utility only repairs permissions on the kexts. Not the whole drive.

iTuning 10-10-2009 01:27 PM

No one tried my method ? Should be working fine for you fellows

00010 10-10-2009 09:02 PM

I have the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite L305 laptop, I have the "Golden Master" version of Snow leopard.

I am going to try software update or just download the update manually. Can I update properly with the "Golden Master" edition?

OG-Phantom 10-10-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTuning (Post 37068)
No one tried my method ? Should be working fine for you fellows

From what I see from your post, your re-installing the bsd.pkg using a little bit different method? Re-installing the bsd.pkg for me, just "tricked" the disk utility. It would repair permissions in under 30 seconds (which isn't really happening, it's just less broken) Repairing permissions should and does take between 1-3 minutes depending on how many permissions are off.

OG-Phantom 10-10-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00010 (Post 37091)
I have the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite L305 laptop, I have the "Golden Master" version of Snow leopard.

I am going to try software update or just download the update manually. Can I update properly with the "Golden Master" edition?

The "GM" disk is the retail disk. GMs are what are used to mass produce the retail. Same thing.

00010 10-11-2009 06:40 PM

Awesome Dude, I'll Update as soon as my new router comes in for my internet to work on my laptop(my WIFI dont work yet).