My Setup:

Motherboard: Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
CPU: AMD X2 6000+
Memory: Corsair 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Xtreme Performance
Video: MSI GeForce 8600 GTS Overclock 256MB
HDD: 200 Sata (Leopard), 250 IDE, 700 Sata, 400 USB
ODD: Sony DRU IDE, DVD-DL Sata
PS/2 Keyboard, USB Mouse, Bluetooth adapter

I have "Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD" installed and it "was" running good for me. I came here hopping to get a few questions answered if at all possible.

1) What is the max size drive you can partition in Disk Utility? It wouldnt let me partition my 700Gig Sata drive for 1 whole drive. I had to split it in order for it to partition and note this isnt my primary drive, just for storage.

2) I saw a few people say that they got sleep to work for them with the same motherboard as mine. I followed what they posted and still no luck. Does sleep work or should I just not bother with trying to get it to work?

3) Is there any benefit in ungrading to the new Rev.2?

4) I have a PS/2 Keyboard and a USB Mouse. I like the keyboard because its a natural type keyboard. I searched this on the forum and want to know if this is all I have to do?

Code:
PS/2 Keyboard and USB Mouse - disable 2 kexts as follows: 
Boot your install DVD and go into the installer. Select Terminal in the Utilities menu and type:
CODE
cd "/Volumes/(name-of-OSX-partition)"   
cd System/Library
rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache
cd Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns
mv ApplePS2Trackpad.kext ApplePS2Trackpad.kext.bak
mv ApplePS2Mouse.kext ApplePS2Mouse.kext.bak
Quit Terminal and the Installer and Reboot without the DVD
5) I have a Microsoft Optical Desktop Bluetooth Keyboard. OSX can see the mouse but not the keyboard. I dont have a windows pc to test to make sure the keyboard works and was wondering if maybe osx just didnt support the keyboard even though it found the mouse. Any help with this would be needed because I hate typing on flat keyboards and I want to try everything I can first before I go buy a new Keyboard.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Cheetah

For sleep, i didn't tried it yet. Can you link the post?
I was wondering...did you managed to get a stable lan connection with that motherboard?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Leopard

Have you tried disabling legacy usb support in bios?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Jaguar

No I will try disabling legacy tonight. And yes I have a stable connection with lan. I will have to remember where I downloaded the kext for lan to work but I had no problems. The funny thing is when it comes to bittorrent or other programs that access the internet if you dont have the proper ports open it will freeze or crash. Wild but I learned and fixed it.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.