InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Jaguar

shutdown always worked fine for me... only restart after wake needed a hard reset!

Last edited by walterav; 10-04-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by omargoa View Post
here is my dsdt file with fix for : (Graphic) - (Audio) - (Sata) and (Sleep fix)
Hi.

Could you please point where is the sleep fix in your DSDT?

Edit: I got it, it works! Just a note: I see you patched EHCI devices too, for me it worked just patching the 6 UHCI devices.

Thank you.

I have the same MoBo, attached is my dsdt.aml with SpeedStep fix. Just add _CST method under _PR.CPU (all CPUs) and remove IRQs from devices RTC, TMR and PIC to avoid sound stuttering. Then set model identifier to "MacPro3,1" in smbios.plist and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

From http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=181631
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.aml.zip (15.6 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by oldnapalm; 10-05-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Cheetah

Hey guys,

Please can you help me with this thing, I've try all DSDT methods from this post and I cant fix it. I was trying with different compilers, different DSDT patchers and still i didn't menage to fix this thing. Whenever I try to compile DSDT SATA Fix I got following error:

/Users/oblique/Desktop/dsdt try/dsdt.dsl 3662: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 13 Warnings, 22 Remarks, 47 Optimizations

I dont know what Im doing wrong, please help.

Thanks in advance.

O.

Last edited by Oblique; 10-06-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
/Users/oblique/Desktop/dsdt try/dsdt.dsl 3662: DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)
Hi.
You have to add method DTGP (in any location, preferably right after the Headers)

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 1, "A0905", "A0905002", 0x00000002)
{
    Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
                {
                    /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
                    /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
                }))
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Store (Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x03
                        }, Arg4)
                    Return (One)
                }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                {
                    Return (One)
                }
            }
        }

Store (Buffer (One)
            {
                0x00
            }, Arg4)
        Return (Zero)
    }
}
Old 10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnapalm View Post
Hi.

Could you please point where is the sleep fix in your DSDT?

Edit: I got it, it works! Just a note: I see you patched EHCI devices too, for me it worked just patching the 6 UHCI devices.

Thank you.

I have the same MoBo, attached is my dsdt.aml with SpeedStep fix. Just add _CST method under _PR.CPU (all CPUs) and remove IRQs from devices RTC, TMR and PIC to avoid sound stuttering. Then set model identifier to "MacPro3,1" in smbios.plist and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

From http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=181631
Hi
Have you problem with the shutdown restart ?
it take a long time for me in black screen

ASUS P5E - Q6600 2.4 GHz - 8800 GTS 512
OSX 10.6 (vanilla kernel)
Old 10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by omargoa View Post
Hi
Have you problem with the shutdown restart ?
it take a long time for me in black screen
After waking from sleep the computer doesn't restart, stays at black screen after "MACH reboot", but I don't have problem with shutdown (using OpenHaltRestart.kext). If the computer doesn't go to sleep, restart works fine.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Cheetah

Hi.
Sorry for my english.
I have this mobo ASUS P5K-E WIFI/AP.
Can you help me with DSDT.aml File wich has all fixes, excepte video fix. I have GF 8800GT and she works perfect with "Strings" and with DSDT too.
All I need is "pure" with all fixes DSDT for my mobo.
And one thing. When i have 4 gigs of ram my (old geberated) dsdt file works good, but when i repleced 1 gig, i am not able to boot in os!?!?! Why? Is the a section in DSDT for number RAM? (4 gigs, 6gigs 2gigs)
Can any one give me a DSDT.aml for my mobo with all fixes? Please )))
And route me to section (in DSDT.AML) wich corespond to number of amount RAM )))
My email [email protected]
Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Puma

I have a question for the users of the ASUS P5K-E wifi, does your jmicron controller recognize the IDE devices?
if yes, what kexts are u using and what BIOS version and settings...THX
Old 10-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Cheetah

Must be missing something

Hello everyone

Thank you all for your contributions to this guide. I have been able to follow it piece by piece and now have a sometimes-functional SL install on my P5K-E.

I am having a couple problems that I don't seem to be able to find answers to here, so far.

The first one, and I feel that it is really simple and I just missed the boat - is the WiFi. I haven't heard mention of it outside of something related to "RealTek drivers". I missed the boat here, I have no idea where my WiFi is.

The other boat I missed is the /Extras folder. Currently in my Snow HD /Extras is empty :S

I was able to get SL to boot with no flags once, but after a restart it would hang. I don't have the error anymore, something about AppleAHD maybe? I reinstalled as per the guide, and it would boot again only the one time before I would lose it. Renira's situation seemed similar at first, so I attempted to use KextUtility but it would only time out. I also have been unable to repair disk permissions for SL. It says something about packages not installed.

Snow Leopard also shows my Nvidia GTS 8600 as unknown 32mb.

I've read so much and learned so much that my brain is quitting on me. I am hopeful that one of the generous contributors here will be able to collect my thoughts and point me in the right direction.

Thanks to all for your contributions thus far, and all those to come.

luke

My system:
P5K-e Wifi
Core 2 duo 2.6
4 GB ram
Nvidia GTS 8600
2x SATA HDD - 1 for Leo and 1 for SL
1x SATA DVD+/-RAM
Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by justluke View Post
Hello everyone

Thank you all for your contributions to this guide. I have been able to follow it piece by piece and now have a sometimes-functional SL install on my P5K-E.

I am having a couple problems that I don't seem to be able to find answers to here, so far.

The first one, and I feel that it is really simple and I just missed the boat - is the WiFi. I haven't heard mention of it outside of something related to "RealTek drivers". I missed the boat here, I have no idea where my WiFi is.
I don't use the built in wifi adapter and I think a lot of people doesn't, so that's why you won't find anything related, here. The chipset inside your p5k-e wifi/ap is Realtek 8187L you can download and try the drivers for 10.5 here. I don't know if they are working with 10.6 in 64 mode, maybe you can tell us after.

Quote:
The other boat I missed is the /Extras folder. Currently in my Snow HD /Extras is empty :S

I was able to get SL to boot with no flags once, but after a restart it would hang. I don't have the error anymore, something about AppleAHD maybe? I reinstalled as per the guide, and it would boot again only the one time before I would lose it. Renira's situation seemed similar at first, so I attempted to use KextUtility but it would only time out. I also have been unable to repair disk permissions for SL. It says something about packages not installed.

Please use Chameleon 2 RC 3 as bootloader read more about extra folder and get it here

Quote:
Snow Leopard also shows my Nvidia GTS 8600 as unknown 32mb
Did you added your strings in com.apple.boot.plist ?

Quote:
I've read so much and learned so much that my brain is quitting on me. I am hopeful that one of the generous contributors here will be able to collect my thoughts and point me in the right direction.
Don't give up now when you're so close to a perfect HacPro. Back to learning !

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.