InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Cheetah

dual boot windows 7 snow leopard acer aspire 5738zg-444g50mn

Hello everyone!
I'm new to these forums and I would like to ask you a question.
I have this laptop: Acer Aspire 5738ZG-444G50Mn.
I have already installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on it and using a real Mac I have restored the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail DVD on a USB thumb drive, on which I also installed myHack. I made the partition table of the thumb drive GUID and the file system Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).
When I try to boot off it, I get the grey screen with the Apple logo, but without the spinning thing underneath the Apple. I waited for about 30 minutes, nothing happened, and my computer was automatically turned off. Later I realised that my computer was quite hot (I have never had high temperature issues with Windows).
I tried to install iAtkos 7 as well, but the laptop freezes at the same screen.

Please help me!!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Cheetah

i have the same model of notebook and the same problem... Help!!! I tried some version of snow leopard and always pc freeze whit apple logo.

Last edited by lucsalv; 05-31-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Please boot with -v -x flags on the prompt and follow the messages. Try to remember ( if it reboots itself ) or just make a photo of the screen. We need the last few messages to know what's wrong.

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic music, for panoramic people.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.5Ghz
AMD 990FX Chipset
Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600Mhz
AMD Radeon HD6850 X2 CrossFire
Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
Old 04-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Cheetah

When I put my installation disk the same thing came up for me so I typed in what you said and the whole installation worked than after asking to restart I let it do it thing but when it got to the apple boot screen nothing happened - please help - I have the exact same computer

Thanks in advance!

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.