InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Puma

Thanks for the update. I'm going to give it a shot in a bit. Just to double check, I should edit the com.apple.boot.plist in Extra and add this line in order to boot in 32-bit::

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32</string>

Are there are any other places this flag should exist or is this all?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Cheetah

blank screen

hi again,

my mobo is MSI P35 Platinum and 8800GT 512.

when i first boot from usb drive i get this, hang till this part

then if i restart and try to boot again i can get pass that but only blank screen.
if i use GraphicsEnabler=No
i get this

help
Old 09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drossxyu View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm going to give it a shot in a bit. Just to double check, I should edit the com.apple.boot.plist in Extra and add this line in order to boot in 32-bit::

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-x32</string>

Are there are any other places this flag should exist or is this all?
if you havent made any changes to the boo plist that my script install, it should already boot ur snow in 32bit...

if you look in "/extra/com.apple.boot.plist" it should have something like:

arch=x86

which should have given u a 32bit boot... but if that didnt work, try using this:

arch=i386

alternatively, u can just temporarily use those flags at chameleon boot time:

-x32 or arch=x86 or arch=i386
Old 09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamka42 View Post
looks like ur mobo doesnt have an HPET device...

can u first go through ur bios setup and see if you can find anything related to HPET (high precision event timer) and enable that...

if hpet cant be found on ur bios, try the following:

at chameleon boot type this:

ForceHPET=Yes

and boot...

if that doesnt solve it, try this:

download this kext and put it on ur usb drive at "/Extra/Extensions"

and try rebooting into the installer...

post back what happens then...........

PS: after enabling HPET in ur bios, u might have to re-run the script and do it over again so that the dsdtpatcher can properly produce a dsdt.aml with hpet support... not sure...

Last edited by djnitehawk; 09-13-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Cheetah

work

with your help i can now boot.. TQ djnitehawk..
Now one problem remain..

i get "-CFGetHostUUIDString : Unable to determine UUID for host. Error : 35"
i cant find the disk where im suppose to install SL.
any workaround?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamka42 View Post
hi again,

my mobo is MSI P35 Platinum and 8800GT 512.

when i first boot from usb drive i get this, hang till this part

then if i restart and try to boot again i can get pass that but only blank screen.
if i use GraphicsEnabler=No
i get this

help

take out the .mkext file. its causing a error and its a mission critical file. same thing happened to me.

also, does your DSDT.aml have the cmos fix already in it?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Jaguar

is ur target disk ide? or sata?

if ide u have to find a kext that will detect ur ide drives... as far as i can remember there were some modified ide kexts floating around that worked with snow... have a look around for those...

if ur target disk is sata, make sure it is running in AHCI mode... set it in bios...

if ahci is already enabled... try lauching the disk utility from the installer menu... if ur target disk is visible there, then everything is fine... u are able to select it as target from my script...

i used to get those uuid error 35 back in 10.5 but i simply ignored those...

if that may be the cause of ur target disk dissapearing, u will have to use a kext called "platformuuid.kext" and add ur disk uuid to that, or something like that... please search the forum for that info... cos i personally havent dealt with that...

lemme knoe how u go...

UPDATE: looks like the uuid 35 error doesnt have anything to do with missing drives... its related to a missing firewire network interface according to this:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=250.0

Last edited by djnitehawk; 09-13-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohizzle121 View Post
does your DSDT.aml have the cmos fix already in it?
unfortunately no!!! im using Fassl's dsdt patcher which doesnt fix the cmos reset problem...

atm im trying to go through fassl's source code trying to learn C language and add the cmos reset fix myself... cos fassl seems to have retired from updating it...

so ppl if u do have the cmos reset problem, u will have to edit ur dsdt by hand... there are guides for that all over the place...

i highly recommend using DSDTSE from here for manual dsdt work:
http://www.osx86.es/?p=610
Old 09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnitehawk View Post
unfortunately no!!! im using Fassl's dsdt patcher which doesnt fix the cmos reset problem...

atm im trying to go through fassl's source code trying to learn C language and add the cmos reset fix myself... cos fassl seems to have retired from updating it...

so ppl if u do have the cmos reset problem, u will have to edit ur dsdt by hand... there are guides for that all over the place...

i highly recommend using DSDTSE from here for manual dsdt work:
http://www.osx86.es/?p=610

oh ok thanks for the quick response.
you should intergrate how to edit the DSDT into your OP, so people know to do it.

and im sure someone knows C that can help in IRC/forums

oh and in my last post, i meant to say the extensions.mkext IS NOT mission critial. its only there as a time saving option

also is

Quote:
Right-click on the target OS X HDD volume icon on your Desktop -> Get Info. If the checkbox next to "Ignore ownership on this volume" is checked then click on padlock symbol to authenticate and UNCHECK the checkbox.

Then to ensure that the target OS X HDD volume's root directory is owned by the root user, go to Terminal and type: (note that using 0:0 is equiavlent to using root:wheel)

CODE
sudo chown 0:0 /Volumes/"your target OS X HDD volume name"

This is to make certain that the permissions are not scrambled after the installation of OS X.....and hence that you are able to boot from the OS X 10.6 hard drive........
is that not needed?

Last edited by rohizzle121; 09-13-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Puma

OK, so I just finished installing Snow Leopard again w\ the new version of your script. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. The installation actually completed this time instead of dying w\ 11 min. left like before. I did notice one error when running your script the 2nd time within the SL install.

'sh: clear: command not found'

Everything else seemed normal.

I'm able to boot into SL now w/o my thumb drive but chameleon never really appears any more. I no longer have the option of booting into my windows drive and my screen just floods w\ text before it automatically goes into SL. My graphics card still isn't being recognized although I noticed that it seemed to have detected my 'geforce 9800 gtx' somewhere within the text flood prior to the loading of the installation screen. My sound also isn't working. I have the .kext that is supposed to work for my board in the extra/extensions folder in the root of my SL drive. Is this all that is needed or am I supposed to move these extension files elsewhere.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.