InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 02-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Cheetah

help for a noob

hi everyone my name is egidio and i am Italian so i apologize for any grammatical error :P
this is my problem: i would like to install snow leopard on my not apple pc. i looked for guides and how-to on the and i saw that i need of a working osx system to install snow leopard, so i looked for patched version of leopard and i found iatkos v7 but i can't install it. i'm looking for other releases or version of patched version of leopard, for precision version that have been tested on amd based systems. this is my configuration :
Cpu: amd phenom II 965 BE
Mb: asus chrossair formula
Ram:g.skill 2x2gb ddr3 1600mhz cl8
Vga: asus (ati) hd4850 512mb ddr3.
the first time that i tried to install iatkos it recognized the hdd (setted to ahci) but during the installation process it halted (appeared a kernel panic window) and now this window appear each time i try to boot from iatkos cd so i can't try new installation...what's happened? i haven't modified anything in the bios setup. i have also tried to format the hdd with seagate's utility and under windows but nothing... any idea? thank you far the support guys!!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Jaguar

I just know that Zephyroth's Mac OS X 10.5.2 for AMD EFI-REV2 is the best for Amd systems.It works perfectly for me from the beginning.But looking to your system configuration,newer and more powerfull than mine,you could try the new Mac OS X 10.6.2 from Hazard's.Just my opinion(2 cents).

System specs: Desktop PC,
Nvidia GeForce 210,1GB,GDDR3,PCI-E 16x gpu,
6GB Ram(4x2GB),DDR3,1333mhz,
Ubuntu 12.10 x86_64/Windows 8 Pro x64/Mountain Lion 10.8.2,
Intel Core i3 3.1Ghz, cpu,
Gigabyte H61MA-D3V motherboard.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Cheetah

thanks for the reply... i am new in mac's world but i realized that kernel panic is similar at the blue screen of windows..isn't it?so i'm trying to understand a reason why i recive this "blue screen" and i have a trouble: does leopard support ddr3 ram? i think that it supports it... do you know if there are direct links to the 2 distros that you have suggested me? i know that google is a powerful "weapon" but i don't know which version of them i have to search
Old 02-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Jaguar

I have a similar setup as yours. You may want to try Ideneb 10.5.8 lite edition. Before you boot, make sure you change your bios setting to "ahci".
Old 02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Cheetah

i have got ideneb 10.6.1, the release with snow leopard. do you think it will run?

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.