InfiniteMac OSx86  
Old 10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Cheetah

ASU able to patch 10.5.5?

Is ASU able to patch 10.5.5? I've tried it multiple times and each time after rebooting, I receive an error: "InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID"

It's like 10.5.5 blows away my network interface. I'm going to try patching it again, but I'm not holding my breath that it will work. If it doesn't work, does anyone have a pre-patched package of 10.5.4 so I can upgrade from 10.5.2?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Jaguar

So it boots fine, you just have no network?

Are you sure you don't need to re-install any drivers?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkst1 View Post
If it doesn't work, does anyone have a pre-patched package of 10.5.4 so I can upgrade from 10.5.2?
I've been saving the updates as I create them from ASU...

I would update them one at a time instead of a combo update (more stable with less changes for each). Just make sure you are using an EFI or Chameleon bootloader.

EDIT: sites for software moved.

Last edited by nfoav8or; 10-23-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Cheetah

I got it to upgrade. I guess there is an order to how I built my machine. I started with a clean install of 10.5.2, got all my drivers installed, then ran all the updates except for the 10.5.5. update. Then ran that update, and it worked. I was using a patched package that I had saved previously, and it was probably the culprit.

We should probably make a sticky of nfoav8or's post with the "pre-patched" updates though. That's good stuff to have.

Thanks for your help! Forums like this make everything easier!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:38 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkst1 View Post
I got it to upgrade. I guess there is an order to how I built my machine. I started with a clean install of 10.5.2, got all my drivers installed, then ran all the updates except for the 10.5.5. update. Then ran that update, and it worked. I was using a patched package that I had saved previously, and it was probably the culprit.

We should probably make a sticky of nfoav8or's post with the "pre-patched" updates though. That's good stuff to have.

Thanks for your help! Forums like this make everything easier!
If someone needs a package to update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5,send me a message.I remember that I have that patched package somewhere in my Library/HDDs
Old 10-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Cheetah

Hi, can you please post back the link?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 PM

links to software are no longer allowed as per the new rules...

also see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0GUE
@Everyone: Just to reiterate what Apple's SLA and EULA states - pay particular attention to the final sentence.

Quote:
Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single computer at a time. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. You may make one copy of the Apple Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original. Except as and only to the extent expressly permitted in this License or by applicable law, you may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Apple Software or any part thereof.
This means we are cleaning up the forum and strictly enforcing this in the public threads. Remember, we have the ability to Private Message (PM) each other on this forum to offer or request specific help. I'm more than willing to share knowledge beyond what can be posted in the forum to people but this is to be done privately.

Last edited by nfoav8or; 10-24-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro9933 View Post
Hi, can you please post back the link?

Thanks.
check your inbox.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Cheetah

What do i need to do? kernel? drivers?

Currently on leo4allv4.1 with bronya drivers...

Last edited by nfoav8or; 10-27-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: requesting links should be via PM, not on the forum.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:13 AM
Cheetah

Can I have a PM with the link please? :-D

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.