InfiniteMac OSx86  
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Cheetah

Another SB700 issue

I know, tl;dr, but please bear with me here.

After googling almost everything I could think of, reading insanelymac and here; trying three different distros (old ToH disk I had lying around, iAtkos v2.0i, and iDeneb 10.5.5), The only progress I have to show for it so far is a nice stack of coasters. I've tried using AppleATIATA.kext, the SB700 kexts posted on insanelymac, injecting both into various install images, and unpacking the mkext from iDeneb and repacking with the chipset drivers that as far as I know is correct. Switching SATA modes is not an option, seeing as how the HP bios(es?) are the most stripped down things I've ever seen.

The computer in question is an HP tx2500 CTO, an AMD RM-70 processor, with CPUZ telling me that I'm running the 780G chipset with a SB700 southbridge, and ATI HD 3200 graphics (which isn't incredibly high on my priority list). I've tried everything I can possibly think of and right now I'm just looking for any other ideas anybody can possibly give.

With no boot options other than -v, I get still waiting for root device, platform= does nothing noticeable, and specifying the rd=disk0s1, causes a kernel panic with error type=0, divide error (or a nfs_boot_init error 4/6). I've tried -x, -f, -s, pretty much every letter of the alphabet, and I either get a panic, or a "still waiting". I know that the actual media I'm using is not corrupted, as I've used the same dvds to install on my girlfriend's ICHX dv2000 flawlessly. If anybody could give some expert advice or point me to other distros, it would be greatly appreciated, I'm almost pulling my hair out here.

(Device manager says my sata controller's dev id is 0x43911002, which I've added into AppleATIATA.kext)

edit: Currently it is running bios version F.05, but I've also tried F.08 and F.09 to no avail.

Last edited by ozzeh; 02-03-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Panther

look other device ids , if yours does not work?.

maybe you need to unplug other drivers, such as other hdd which has NTFS permission or whatever.

I can say that, idened can be installed but it has some problems such as restart and shutdown.

on the other hand , it didnt try or remeber other distros but you should look other distros which is designed for AMD only, zypth distro can work, or Lawless maybe.

all the thing for SB700, ATIATA.kext and remove unnecessary kext, I wrote that kext in other topic, you can find it. and maybe your problem can be other kext which you didnt remove.

because, I can say without removing these kext, you cant be able to work with SB700. it is certain.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Cheetah

Alright, thank you for your response. I'll try extracting and repacking the kexts again, as soon as I can steal the dv2000 back for a few hours.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Cheetah

Hello, I'll try to give you a hand here! I have the same laptop and I have succesfully installed macos, and all beside graphics works fine.
First you need to have iDeneb 10.5.5
In the customisation you need to check the following (hope to remember all of them):
- AMD patch
- 9.2.0 Sleep
- Azalia audio (it will not work but I will tell you how to fix it later - after boot)
- Wired net: Realtek RTL8111 (didn't test if it works but I don't give a rat's ass if it doesn't)
- Wireless: Broadcom
- Macbook smbios
- Firewire removal
I don't remember what else was in the downside of the customization, but if you have doubts post the question here and I will try to help you ASAP.

Note: DO NOT CHOSE any chipset!
The hdd was configured with dual-boot(vista&W7) and it was not f-uped by the macboot.

The fix for the audio: --- The method is posted by rinjose on Insanelymac.
"download http://rs222.rapidshare.com/files/13.../ALC268FIX.zip
install everything in it except installer2.
before rebooting the sytem goto system/library/extensions and delete alcinject.kext
reboot the system."

The fix for an eventual WiFi malfunction: --- Fix tried by Yoplaid still on insanelymac
"-open the script bcm43xx_enabler.sh in textedit and add <string>pci14e4,4315</string> (somewhere between the other strings).
-then sudo ./script bcm43xx_enabler.sh"
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Cheetah

I do have iDeneb, according to the cd its 1.3, 10.5.5, I never get to the point where I have the ability to customize the install. Which boot options do you use to get into the installer?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Cheetah

I use no boot option, i only insert the dvd and let it enter the installer!
By the way, i have first created a logical partition in windows (FAT)!

Ok, i will take a look on the bios version that I have, because there is no other difference!

Last edited by neodoru; 02-04-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Cheetah

the only thing could think of is that the dvd I have was mislabeled, and is not actually 10.5.5. What processor, hard drive, and which boot order do you have set in the bios?

edit: one thing i did notice is that when I start up I see 4098 cpus per package or something of the sort, and either thats wrong, or AMD slipped me a new supercomputer. i tried cpus=1, nothing changes.

Last edited by ozzeh; 02-04-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Cheetah

I have RM 70, the boot order is: dvd, I'll be back later with the hdd, but I don't think this is the issue.

The bios is F.08
Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 AM
Cheetah

reflashed to F.08, still no good. which dvd do you have? I know mine is SATA which messes up a few of my PE cds which used to work fine on my old laptop.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Cheetah

I think the dvd is identical!
Did you create a fat partition?
There is a thread here (sticky) where someone explains how he managed to boot installer from a usb stick, try this!

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.