InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 11-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by justluke View Post
@Softtester
Do you have the SleepEnabled.kext in place? I have never had a problem restarting with this guide. The only challenge is that sometimes the machine goes black, and takes up to 30 seconds start up again.
Yes, i have SleelpEnabled.kext in /S/L/E. I can restart the system without any issue.... but i can't restart after computer comes from sleep...... Sleep/Wakeup work ed.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by softtester View Post
Yes, i have SleelpEnabled.kext in /S/L/E. I can restart the system without any issue.... but i can't restart after computer comes from sleep...... Sleep/Wakeup work ed.
This is a known issue, and not just for Asus boards.

[HACK P5K]
ASUS P5K Deluxe/Wifi [ Q9650 / 8GB OCZ / EVGA 8800 GTX ]
Windows Se7en 500GB SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 500GB SATA
[HACK EP43]
Gigabyte EP43-DS3L [ E6700 / 8GB OCZ / PNY 250 GTS ]
Windows Vista 64bit 250 SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 160GB SATA
Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Jaguar

Updated files...

I have attached a updated copy of all the kexts, DSDT and my smbios and com.apple.boot.plist. For anyone to use, hope it helps. I have a uncompiled copy of my DSDT for anyone to look through included in the zip file. I have tried to apply all the patches that I could find that are usuable on the P5K. If anyone can help with the jmicron showing up as "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" I would appreciate it!

BTW, everything is 64bit friendly. I boot in 64bit kernel mode by default.
Attached Files
File Type: zip P5K SL.zip (1.01 MB, 110 views)

[HACK P5K]
ASUS P5K Deluxe/Wifi [ Q9650 / 8GB OCZ / EVGA 8800 GTX ]
Windows Se7en 500GB SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 500GB SATA
[HACK EP43]
Gigabyte EP43-DS3L [ E6700 / 8GB OCZ / PNY 250 GTS ]
Windows Vista 64bit 250 SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 160GB SATA

Last edited by OG-Phantom; 11-06-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Cheetah

Magic Mouse works flawlessly incase anyone was wondering !
Old 11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG-Phantom View Post
If anyone can help with the jmicron showing up as "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" I would appreciate it!
I think you need this : LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext.zip
Old 11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by softtester View Post
Did you tried the EvOreboot.kext (thanks to EvOTeam)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EvOreboot.kext.zip (18.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Magic Mouse works flawlessly incase anyone was wondering !
I was wondering... Is it strange to use ? Did you get used quickly with the new way of using the mouse ?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Cheetah

@lancelotu it took me about 15 minutes to get used to it, and i had been using a retractable mini laptop USB mouse for two months. I LOVE the magic mouse. I find that I don't use the left-right swipe as much, as it's a bit awkward, my hands are kind of clammy most of the time and theres a little to much friction, i keep moving the mouse instead.

That being said, I do miss my button 4 squeeze from my old mighty mouse, and wish that similar functionality was built in to this device.

On another note, I can't seem to get chameleon to boot anymore. I can boot up using a bootthink usb stick but Chameleon gives me a KP as soon as it starts. Far as I can tell, -f and -x flags are not helping, and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the kp when i use -v.

I imagine it has something to do with my kexts, but I'm not really running anything fancy. There's nothing in my /extras, either.

Thoughts?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
... I can't seem to get chameleon to boot anymore. I can boot up using a bootthink usb stick but Chameleon gives me a KP as soon as it starts. Far as I can tell, -f and -x flags are not helping, and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the kp when i use -v.

I imagine it has something to do with my kexts, but I'm not really running anything fancy. There's nothing in my /extras, either.

Thoughts?
Here is my first thought

Which version RC2, RC3 ? RC2 with a 1TB hdd maybe?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Cheetah

It should be RC3, and I do not have a 1TB drive. My collective hard drive space is approx 700. I have had trouble installing bootloaders recently. The RC2 installed pkg fails, manual installation doesn't seem to want to happen either. But using a packaged version of the RC3 it looks like I was able to at least get the bootloader to start again, but it KPs just like before.

Edit: I think I need to start fresh with the bootloader situation entirely. I don't really know how to do that, the most I have been able to find regarding uninstalling a bootloader is to simply install a new one on top of it. But that makes me nervous.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Last edited by justluke; 11-08-2009 at 05:01 PM.