InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 06-19-2009, 02:09 AM

Gigabyte EP35-DS3 Installer Package

This is an installer package i recently created mainly to automate my OSX installation. Instead of manual copying kexts and files and using bash scripts to automate the process a little bit I've put all thats needed into installer package. I added a couple of additional options so i can share it with the community, users with EP35-DS3 board. Owners of similar gigabyte boards (from the same serie) may still use it to install necessary kexts. As the installer is mainly based on DSDT they still can't use my dsdt.aml although i noticed that many boards have identical dsdt. This package is distributed 'AS-IS' so use it on your own responsibility.

Entire content is free to use. Drivers created by third party developers, some are just fake plists (credits given to them). I hope that this installer can help you run perfect vanilla OSX. None of the provided files could be overwritten by software/system updates. DSDT contains fixes so AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement won't cause kernel panic when loaded. I suggest removing it (can increase cpu temperature a bit) as VoodooPower is included (which works great, speedstep and everything).

If you intend to use this package please remove all the other installed drivers, mainly all the injectors as we won't be needing them. Also remove efi strings, not needed. I included com.apple.Boot.plist to increase boot delay time and mainly to set model name.

*** What is not included is AppleHDA due to legal reasons. This file require modifications and that is the only file that could be overwritten by software update. You will have to backup this file and reinstall after software/system updates. Not much, hehe;-) To make your sound working use linux codec dump and Taruga patcher to patch AppleHDA. Nothing else needed and DSDT will do the rest, audio strings already added.

Some screenshots:

DOWNLOAD
Gigabyte-EP35-DS3.dmg

Last edited by milanca; 06-19-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Panther

nice, thanks!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Cheetah

Thanks, I'll give it a go, I have a P35-DS3L I'd like to install vanilla to. I may need a "nudge" in the right direction....I have some Linux skills but I'm pretty noobish with OSX...but am a fast learner.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Jaguar

will this work for SL? Or, better, will the DSDT File Work with SL ?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Jaguar

Chances are that the same DSDT will work for Snow Leopard, but you need to apply the CMOS reset fix to the DSDT for it to work properly in SL.

• Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz | BFG GeForce GTX 260 (216 Core) | 2GB | 250GB + 40GB + 250GB HDDs | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | vanilla (Retail install)| Everything working
  • MacBook Pro (Late 2008) | GeForce 9400M + 9600MGT 256MB | 2GB | 250GB HDD | 10.6.1
Old 09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Cheetah

ds3p

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwiz View Post
Chances are that the same DSDT will work for Snow Leopard, but you need to apply the CMOS reset fix to the DSDT for it to work properly in SL.
hey pcwiz, i just hit you up on twitter.
which guide did you use to get to SL on your board? I have been following you since tiger started..

thanks!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:46 AM

Hi guys,

I will need to make a new package for SL, but until then here is a new dsdt (with reset fix, uhci/ehci fix added also). One is for use with nvidia 8500/8600GT with 256mb of ddr ram; if you have such a card you can use this dsdt freely otherwise you will have to decompile it and slightly modify. If you use efi string here is also a dsdt without gfx part. Also included ALC889a (just a fake plist), put in your Extra/Extensions folder.

Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DSDT-without-gfx.zip (6.5 KB, 889 views)
File Type: zip DSDT.aml.zip (6.7 KB, 498 views)
File Type: zip ALC889A.kext.zip (7.3 KB, 605 views)

Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Cheetah

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for your last post! I have a EP35-DS3R board and I have almost killed myself getting it to work with SL and your dsdt did the trick. I now have working ethernet, audio, USB ports and I no longer have to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext!

You are my hero. As a way to show gratitude, here is a AHCIPortInjector.kext I modified to allow for native sata support. With this you no longer need IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.

Thank to you my SL is more vanilla than a coffee creamer!
Attached Files
File Type: zip AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip (2.0 KB, 186 views)
Old 09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Cheetah

Ga-ep45-ud3lr

will this work also for a GA-EP45-UD3LR or another quite similar board?
How I can edit or compie a working DSDT file for this board, especially for Snow Leopard?

Thanks for your work and an answer !
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Cheetah

Hello!

I have a GA-EP35-DS3P. I've tried to boot to install Snow Leopard from a USB stick with your kexts and DSDT.aml but after select USB BOOT on Chamaleon menu, the kexts start to be loaded from USB and during the boot (pre-install) I get an error (I think is KP) like can you see in image below. And the CMOS is reseted.

Do you know what can I do to solve that?
Thank you very much!

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Last edited by brunogves; 10-15-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: to explain better the problem