InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renira View Post
funny that this guide works for lancelotu .
For me its not working....
What exactly doesn't work ? do you still have the "still waiting for root device " problem ?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Puma

no, just reinstalled it, as in your guide,

replaced the IATAFamily...
then entered, after booting in Snow Leopard this commands:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/YourSnowVolume/System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/YourSnowVolume/System/Library/Extensions/*

then:

kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

All Commands works and it build the Extensions.mkext !!
But no chance to boot, only with -v -f ... without any command at the beginnig - no working LED from the HDD and the Stop-Sign appears !
Old 09-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Cheetah

First of all thank you all very much for all the info.
I managed to install SL on my P5K-E Wifi/AP, all devices are working as they should (including network, sound, graphics, etc).

However, I have a very big problem. Maya is not working -- the flexlm system can not get the system id -- the ethernet (MAC) address of the network card. I tried everything but I just could not solve the problem. It seems that the ethernet card is not considered as Built-in and so the flexlm doesn't take into consideration. I tried installing Chameleon 2.0RC2 and specifying the EthernetBuiltIn flag to yes, I forced the kernel to both 32bit and 64bit, I tried to put other IONetworkFamility kexts but I had no luck whatsoever.

Please help me to solve this problem as I really really to be able to use Maya.

Thanks

P.S. if I do a sudo -s in the Terminal the system complains about the UUID missing (installing PlatformUUID.kext fixes this, but the Maya problem remains)
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by netv View Post
First of all thank you all very much for all the info.
I managed to install SL on my P5K-E Wifi/AP, all devices are working as they should (including network, sound, graphics, etc).

However, I have a very big problem. Maya is not working -- the flexlm system can not get the system id -- the ethernet (MAC) address of the network card. I tried everything but I just could not solve the problem. It seems that the ethernet card is not considered as Built-in and so the flexlm doesn't take into consideration. I tried installing Chameleon 2.0RC2 and specifying the EthernetBuiltIn flag to yes, I forced the kernel to both 32bit and 64bit, I tried to put other IONetworkFamility kexts but I had no luck whatsoever.

Please help me to solve this problem as I really really to be able to use Maya.

Thanks

P.S. if I do a sudo -s in the Terminal the system complains about the UUID missing (installing PlatformUUID.kext fixes this, but the Maya problem remains)

You can try PlatformUUID.kext for that error and maybe it will solve your maya problem too since your UUID is used in the preferences files.

In Disk Utility click on the your boot volume and then press info and copy the number in Universal Unique Identifier in to

/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Attached Files
File Type: zip PlatformUUID.kext.zip (22.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 09-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Jaguar

Quote:

then:

kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

But no chance to boot, only with -v -f ... without any command at the beginnig - no working LED from the HDD and the Stop-Sign appears !

Ok now please try to boot only with -v option ( this is verbose mode you can always boot with this option, it will change nothing to your system ) and tell us what you see ?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Puma

all is working pretty well -- exepct that osx only sees one of my other internal drives !
any ideas?

P5K Q6600 8GB RAM
Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Jaguar

Quote:

then:

Renira, if you don't do any of the IOATA/harddisk patches on the usb drive, and boot from the snowleo usb drive, can you see your internal disks in finder.

If I'm not mistaking your motherboard has a ich9 chipset instead of ich9r am I right? The only thing I remember from a gigabyteboard with same chipset is that not all your sata ports work but some will do without patching...

But check if the usb snow leo does see your internal drives
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
all is working pretty well -- exepct that osx only sees one of my other internal drives !
any ideas?

P5K Q6600 8GB RAM
What kind of harddrive? Sata / IDE ? volume type MBG/GUID? Filesystem type, HFS+ NTFS FAT32?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Cheetah

The PlatformUUID didn't fix the problem with Maya.

The problem is definitely with the IONetworkFamility kext. It does not set the network card as BuiltIn. Do you think it's possible that some of you check to see if in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkConfiguration.plist your ethernet file appears BuiltIn TRUE or False?

Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Puma

Thanks for your answer.

All Sata.

1 NTFS ( thats the drive snow leo sees)

1 HFS+ with one 10.5.8 partition, and another for HFS+ stuff

1 HFS+ with a mirrored 10.5.8 partition, and also another partition for stuff

seems like snow leo wont detect all the sata ports !?

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.