InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 10-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhusly View Post
try reinstalling again. This time only check the amd kernel and leave everything else by default. Then if it succeed, run multibeast and then install kext one at a time so you would know what work and what not.
Ok ill give that a try and report back.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Puma

Ok, so I've taken a break from installing and I've decided to come back to it. No change...I'm still unable to install anything. Installs just fine...I can get into desktop and everything. Just will not allow me to install any type of kext or app. Almost as if I'm not recognized as the Admin user of the system. And I KNOW I am, this is just plain crazy.

Is there a way I can manually install kexts?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 PM

grahfex,

Are you able to run any of the applications that come with your install?

MOBO: Z77MX-QUO-AOS CPU: Core i7 3770K GPU: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC Case: Modded MacPro2,1
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (CMY32GX3M4A1600C9) Wifi: Airport Extreme bcm94321MCA BIOS: HermitCrab Labs H3A.816M
Monitor: AOC Q2963Pm 29" WFHD 2560x1080 21:9
Interests: KDE on Apple Darwin, Keeping it real with the command line, Helping those that help themselves
Old 11-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceomni View Post
grahfex,

Are you able to run any of the applications that come with your install?

barely if any....
Old 11-24-2012, 01:53 PM

Grahfex,

Please be more descriptive. For example:
Clicking icons does nothing visually and no error message is provided.
Icons bounce are begin to load but then stop and no error message is provided.
Apps try to run but fail and an Apple Error dialog appears.

In addition, check all applications. Reply with which applications do work?

Does Finder an/or Terminal work? If Terminal works, try the command;
Code:
uname -a

MOBO: Z77MX-QUO-AOS CPU: Core i7 3770K GPU: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC Case: Modded MacPro2,1
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (CMY32GX3M4A1600C9) Wifi: Airport Extreme bcm94321MCA BIOS: HermitCrab Labs H3A.816M
Interests: KDE on Apple Darwin, Keeping it real with the command line, Helping those that help themselves
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Puma

Smile

Quote:
Grahfex,

Please be more descriptive. For example:
Clicking icons does nothing visually and no error message is provided.
Icons bounce are begin to load but then stop and no error message is provided.
Apps try to run but fail and an Apple Error dialog appears.

In addition, check all applications. Reply with which applications do work?

Does Finder an/or Terminal work? If Terminal works, try the command;
Code:
uname -a

Finder and Terminal works ant the command that you told me to use works as well. All of the "common" apps like itunes work as well. The problem is that I can't get Kext Wizard or Kext Helper ( not sure if its supported in my distro ) to install any kexts. Any pacakges I download, will not install...for example I can download a package for my GTX 570. If I try to install it...It does nothing. My hard drive would not be visiable at all when it asks me to choose my location. I even tried mutli-beast. Same issue.

I actually checked my hard drive to see what type of access I had to it..it only said Read Only access. I've been able to change this once or twice but its actually a pain trying to do so because when I press the padlock to unlock it and give me access to change permissions...nothing happens. I would either have to keep clicking the padlock for something to pop up or log out and log back in and HOPE it works. The same if I want to add or remove users.

I'm starting to think that I just have a bad copy or something..maybe I should just re-burn the disc and try again..or if theres another solution try that. I've tried EVYERTHING so far and this is the closest I've got with any distro that I've used.

I won't give up though..not when I'm this close.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Puma

Status Update:

I am now able to install kexts and anything else.

I used the updated Kernel found here in the forums! Ethernet is working but still working on sound and having a bit of a headache getting my Nvidia GTX 570 to work.

Almost there...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Grahfex,

Can I ask what you did to correct your initial issue?

Old 12-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Puma

Quote:
Grahfex,

Can I ask what you did to correct your initial issue?
I booted into windows...I used macdrive to open up the Lion HDD created during the installation and i replaced the kernel used with the distro with R:A:W:X86's kernel i found here in the forums.

It worked...however i did try to get my graphics card to work and ended up with a Kernel panic. tried to reinstal and got the dreaded Still Waiting For Root Device error. I'll be trying again to see if i can get things running correctly.

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.