InfiniteMac OSx86  
Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Cheetah

Network Configuration

Hi...

I can't configure the network to get Internet acces.

This is my screenshot:

So, I can't get green light for Internet acces.
I've tried everything: automatic DCHP, force DNS, force Gateway (router) with no success.

Thanx for help in advance.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:40 PM

Phsilver,

Can you provide your system specifications? You may Benifit from adding them to your signature.

Do you have other operating systems that connect without problems?

MOBO: Z77MX-QUO-AOS CPU: Core i7 3770K GPU: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC Case: Modded MacPro2,1
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (CMY32GX3M4A1600C9) Wifi: Airport Extreme bcm94321MCA BIOS: HermitCrab Labs H3A.816M
Monitor: AOC Q2963Pm 29" WFHD 2560x1080 21:9
Interests: KDE on Apple Darwin, Keeping it real with the command line, Helping those that help themselves
Old 11-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Cheetah

Hi...

I have dual boot with Windows XP without any problem on network configuration, it uses hdcp and everything works fine.

The hole system works fine: Snow Leopard, but the network... :-(

My PC:
Video: Ati Radeon HD4650 512Mb with full acceleration.
Sound: Embeded
Lan: realtek 8102/8103E
HD: 500 Gb - Sata2
Mother: Asus K5-KPL
CPU: Intel Quad Core @2800

Thanx in advanced...
Old 11-23-2012, 05:21 PM

phsilver,

Install or recent changes
Could you describe your method of install? Did you install any specific kexts(drivers) to handle your network adapter? Did the network adaptor worked properly under OSX but has not stopped working?

Current installed kext
If you can run the following command in Terminal, it will give us a bit more information. Reply back with what you find:
Code:
kextstat | grep Ethernet
Dump Preferences
I would start by dumping the current preferences for your networking. To do so, remove all instances of ethernet adaptors using the minus button in network preferences.

Open terminal and type:
Code:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm -R com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
sudo rm -R com.apple.network.identification.plist
cd /User/INSERTYOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences
rm -R com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist
rm -R com.apple.internetconfig.plist
Repair permissions
While you are in Terminal, you may want to repair permissions. You could get lucky and your problem may be permissions based.

The following command will repair permissions throughout your system. This is relative to how you installed. You may need to take additional steps.
Code:
diskutil repair permissions /
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
Restart using the flags -f -v

If the aforementioned did nothing to help, you may consider looking into alternate kexts. I would strongly encourage you to backup your system prior to modifying system files.

In addition, I always prefer illuminate as many variables as possible prior to diving into the system files. If you have a USB ethernet adaptor, you should give it a try.

Do some research via google such as:
Quote:
osx86 INSERTYOURNIC'SNUMBERHERE

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

MOBO: Z77MX-QUO-AOS CPU: Core i7 3770K GPU: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC Case: Modded MacPro2,1
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (CMY32GX3M4A1600C9) Wifi: Airport Extreme bcm94321MCA BIOS: HermitCrab Labs H3A.816M
Monitor: AOC Q2963Pm 29" WFHD 2560x1080 21:9
Interests: KDE on Apple Darwin, Keeping it real with the command line, Helping those that help themselves