InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Jaguar

[How-To] Snow Leopard Retail (10A432) on P5K-E Wifi A/P -64 bit mode

Hello,

Thanks to all the wonderful users of this community I have now a nearly perfect vanilla, up-to-date, 10a432 hackintosh

My system :
P5k-E Wifi ap mobo
cpu Q6600 (Core 2 Quad)
2gb ram 667
AD1988B sound chip
WG311-t network card
asus sata DVD and HD
Nvidia 7300 GS video 256Mb
Marvell 88E8056 Ethernet

Kext I used :

1. AD1988b.Fix.kext Enable sound for AD1988 onboard chip (needs a custom DSDT patch) thanks to XyZ
2. Dsmos.kext the latest, thanks to netkas [color="yellow"]replaced with newer Fakesmc.kext[ v2.5 /COLOR]
3. IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext (repairs the icons of yours hard disks) not necessary with DSDT SATA ESB2 FIX read this
4. OpenHaltRestart.kext OSxRestart.kext is out Thanks to Master Chief for solving the restart after sleep problem. Read more and get the last version here
5. AHCIPortInjector.kext obsolete since DSDT SATA ESB2 FIX read this

Optional kexts :

1. JmicronAta.kext if you want to use, or have additional IDE Devices
2. PlatformUUID.kext ( solve the _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host error)
3. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
4. SleepEnabler.kext (if you are using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext).
5. OSxRestart by Master Chief (restart after sleep is working with this kext) Read more here
I put them all together in a folder below in the "Files you need" section

I also modified:
System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist for my ethernet card to work. (how-to here)

OR you can use the AppleYukon2Injector.kext (Thanks to OG-Phantom)

Added string for my Video card in com.apple.Boot.plist

Files you need :

1. Snow leopard disk or dmg
2. Bootloader Chameleon_v1012, because with the new versions I have a lot of Kernel Panics Chameleon 2 RC3 is out please use that one
3. DSDTPatcherGUI_1 (I also added the modified DSDT.aml for P5K mobos compiled and decompiled)
4. Kexts to add in your /S/L/E folder they are all 64 bit (thanks to XyZ, all irc.osx86.hu community)

You can download all these files here (excepting the 10a432 of course)

Installing

1. So first off all you need to format the partition using Guid Partition Table
if

2. Mount Bootloader2 on your desktop, install Chameleon_v1012 and replace the "boot" file from your root volume with the blue labeled one Read how to install Chameleon 2 RC3 here

To be able to see the hidden files on your Volumes (like the boot file or OSInstall.mpkg ) you can use CF-A app also included in the file pack in the Change finder folder.

3.Mount your 10a432.dmg , open Terminal.app and type this:
(or again you used CF-A app you can browse you mac os x installation disks /System/Installation/Packages and manually select OSInstall.mpkg

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

(or again you used CF-A app you can browse you mac os x installation disks /System/Installation/Packages and manually select OSInstall.mpkg)

Open mac OS installer, select your disk, customize your installation and click install.

4.When installation completes Patch your system with DSDTPatcherGUI

5.To enable sound on P5K-E or other mobos with AD1988B sound chip you have to modify your DSDT.aml file . For AD1988B chipset you have to modify your DSDT ( READ here ) . I also included dsdt.aml and dsdt.dsl as example
6. Add your graphics card string (or you can use UInstaller if you don't know your card model) to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
7.If you have Marvell 88E8056 Ethernet read here

8.put kexts from /pk5-e snow essentials/kexts 64 bit in to /System/Library/Extensions and repair permissions from terminal :

Code:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

If you have already a working snow leopard system then you can also repair permissions with Disk Utility

9. Restart with -x64 -f -v
10. You can also add

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64</string>
to your com.apple.Boot.plist for permanent 64 bit mode

11.You can safely update to 10.6.1 via Software Update

UPDATE : Sleep is now working, read here thanks to Zhell and omargoa

UPDATE 15 Nov 2009 If you're using a GeForce 7xxx video card and experience Kernel Panics in 64 Bit mode after updating to 10.6.2, reboot in 32 bit mode (with -x32 command) and replace these 5 kexts : GeForce.kext, GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle , GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle (?), GeForceGA.plugin, GeForceVADriver.bundle, with older ones from 10.6.1. You can get them here . Don't forget to repair permissions and boot one time with -f.
UPDATE 26 Nov 2009 Added FakeSMC v2.5 AND OsXRestart.kext to "snow essentials"

Last edited by lancelotu; 11-26-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: UPDATE TO 10.6.2 via Software Update
Old 07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Cheetah

Are you using the recompiled 64 bit VoodooHDA? http://www.infinitemac.com/attachmen...2&d=1247501812 I have a P5KC and this kext works in -x64. Also, could you explain how you got the proper hardware ID for the Info.plist in IONetworking?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge3000 View Post
Are you using the recompiled 64 bit VoodooHDA? http://www.infinitemac.com/attachmen...2&d=1247501812 I have a P5KC and this kext works in -x64. Also, could you explain how you got the proper hardware ID for the Info.plist in IONetworking?
I am not using -x64 because I have a lot of Panics

For working Marvell 88E8056 Ethernet you have to edit the Info.plist inside :

IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/

sudo -s

Your password, then
nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

find this string : [Tip: if you use nano it's easier to find this string if you press ctrl+w (whereis option) and type "53" then press Enter.]

Code:
<string>Marvell</string>
                </dict>
                <key>Yukon-88E8053</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

and replace 3 with 6

then find :

Code:
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
                        <string>0x436211ab</string>
and replace 0x436211ab with 0x436411ab (2 with 4)

then finally replace the "3" from

Code:
<key>Model</key>
                        <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper$</string>

with "6" so it will look like this:

Code:
<key>Model</key>
                        <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper$</string>

save the file, chown and chmod the extensions:

Code:
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

and reboot

Please report if working in -x64

Regards

Last edited by lancelotu; 07-17-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Cheetah

i got 64-bit mode to work on my p5k by repairing permissions in safe mode (-x) with kextutility after install.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Cheetah

Thanks, Voodoo HDA x64 made my AD1998B from P5K-Premium work,

but SPDIF output makes crappy system sounds, and all other things goes mute(no sound at all).
I am using stereo output now, that is working fine.

and found a x64 Jmicron at the [how-to] topic, that works fine too
http://81.176.70.54/3780888/JMicronA...IDE.x86_64.zip

Last edited by gmcouto; 07-26-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Puma

I got internet working in both 32bit & 64bit kernel options.
Change info.plist of original Snow Leopard IONetworkinfFamily.kext follow your guide, and install using kextutility.
It works fine.
Finally I got sound and internet in both 32bit & 64bit kernel.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 AM
Jaguar

Actually there is a better solution for audio and I have to thank TheKing (aka XyZ) for that .Using VodooHDA the microphone is not working in P5K-E but you can modify your DSDT file to get your sound working and without loading VoodoHDA.kext . I will post the solution and my DSDT file later .

Last edited by lancelotu; 07-27-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
... and found a x64 Jmicron at the [how-to] topic, that works fine too
http://81.176.70.54/3780888/JMicronA...IDE.x86_64.zip
Link is not valid anymore can you upload your kext in some other place for us please?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Puma

I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelotu View Post
Actually there is a better solution for audio and I have to thank TheKing (aka XyZ) for that .Using VodooHDA the microphone is not working in P5K-E but you can modify your DSDT file to get your sound working and without loading VoodoHDA.kext . I will post the solution and my DSDT file later .
Good News!!!
I already modified my DSDT file to get my nVidia 8800GT graphic card working.
Now I can get DSDT patch for audio !!!!
I can't wait.....
Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Jaguar

AD1988B audio solution with patched DSDT

This is for P5K-E Wifi a/p Motherboard but it should work with other P5K models
Try this at your own risk. Thanks again to XyZ .

put the AD1988b.Fix.kext in /System/Library/Extensions repair it's permissions and replace your DSDT.aml with the one from the package and you're good to go . I attached also the .dsl file .

P5K-e.DSDT.Sound.zip

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.