InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Jaguar

Anyone with a P5K Deluxe (or similar board with the same Marvell network PHY), I have made my own plist kext for the Yukon2. It works for me in both 64 and 32 bit modes. I can't take credit for it, I used info from several posts from different users, credit goes to them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AppleYukon2Injector.kext.zip (596 Bytes, 184 views)

[HACK P5K]
ASUS P5K Deluxe/Wifi [ Q9650 / 8GB OCZ / EVGA 8800 GTX ]
Windows Se7en 500GB SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 500GB SATA
[HACK EP43]
Gigabyte EP43-DS3L [ E6700 / 8GB OCZ / PNY 250 GTS ]
Windows Vista 64bit 250 SATA
OSX 10.6.4 (vanilla-EFI) 160GB SATA
Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG-Phantom View Post
Here you go. Just to let you know, I have 8gb of ram, so my dsdt may cause you issues if you don't have the same amount of ram as me. I have heard that it can cause issues, I don't know tho. Let me know if it works for you. I have applied all the dsdt patches I could find (plus the audio from lancelotu from this thread, thanks and credit goes to him for that). You will need the AD1988b kext from theking also for the audio to work.

EDIT: Attached the kext you need for audio.
Hi what did you change in the dsdt so it only works with 8gb of ram? Did you fix hpet/rtc for quadcores, because fassls dsdt patcher is not quit right?

I'm I still the only one with working headphone at frontpanel?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Anyone with a P5K Deluxe (or similar board with the same Marvell network PHY), I have made my own plist kext for the Yukon2. It works for me in both 64 and 32 bit modes. I can't take credit for it, I used info from several posts from different users, credit goes to them.
Very nice, but keep in mind that the LegacyYukon2.kexy "old plist only injector" also stopped working at 10.5.7 but for the time being this might be prefect.

I'll try this one thank you...

BTW do you guys also have "wifi as en0" and "ethernet as en1"?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Cheetah

sorry, but if I create 2 partition on my hd, one to extract the dmg image and the other to install the new system... then what shall I do to remove the partitions that are not needed and further standardize the partition of the new operating system to the full capacity of the disk?

thanks

and sorry for my English...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterav View Post
Hi what did you change in the dsdt so it only works with 8gb of ram? Did you fix hpet/rtc for quadcores, because fassls dsdt patcher is not quit right?

From my understanding when you decompile the DSDT, the amount of RAM you have installed is intertwined with the DSDT. So after mods and recompile, the amount of RAM you had installed is incorporated into the DSDT. Yes, I applied the quadcores, hpet and rtc fixes. Along with the power button sleep function (which doesn't work for me). And, the audio fix I mentioned in the previous post.

[HACK P5K]
Windows Se7en 500GB SATA
[HACK EP43]
Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
Very nice, but keep in mind that the LegacyYukon2.kexy "old plist only injector" also stopped working at 10.5.7 but for the time being this might be prefect.

I'll try this one thank you...

BTW do you guys also have "wifi as en0" and "ethernet as en1"?
It is working for me. Strange you mentioned that it stopped working at 10.5.7. Still works for me in 10.5.8. Also, I do not have my wifi kext installed in 10.6. I only have en0 and en1 (realtek lan and marvell lan).

[HACK P5K]
Windows Se7en 500GB SATA
[HACK EP43]
Old 08-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Jaguar

Quote:

BTW, what are you using for audio? I am of the lazy category and not hooked up the connectors to my motherboard. Sometime soon I will tho (it's only been like 2 years since I got this board, you'd think I would have done it by now).

[HACK P5K]
Windows Se7en 500GB SATA
[HACK EP43]
Old 08-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
From my understanding when you decompile the DSDT, the amount of RAM you have installed is intertwined with the DSDT. So after mods and recompile, the amount of RAM you had installed is incorporated into the DSDT. Yes, I applied the quadcores, hpet and rtc fixes. Along with the power button sleep function (which doesn't work for me). And, the audio fix I mentioned in the previous post.
Hi what is exactly different with the quadcore fix? HPET/RTC seems to look the same to me...

BTW do also have speedstep applied to dsdt? I also heard it was possible also for quads and even corei7...
Old 08-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Puma

Sleep fix

Hi

Sleep work for me with this method :
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=168014

i apply this method for SATA and it work, no more need for AHCIportinjector.kext

audio also work fine with dsdt patch and AD1988b.Fix.kext front panel (headphone and micro) work, the only problem is low microphone level and i have microphone only in front panel (someone know how to fix the volume level ? ? )

Now i got all working fine and stable in 64 bit with chameleon 2 rc1

note : when i boot for the first time after instal i need to boot with "archi386" 32bit , and launch the Kext utility after that boot normal, and all work

boot direct with the default 86_64 cause kernel panic

(sorry for my english )

My motherboard : ASUS P5E + 8800 gts 512

here is my dsdt file with fix for : (Graphic) - (Audio) - (Sata) and (Sleep fix)
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.aml.zip (15.9 KB, 517 views)

Last edited by omargoa; 08-19-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by omargoa View Post
Hi

Sleep work for me with this method :
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=168014
I did that also and couldn't see any changes ( I thought I did something wrong but now seeing your DSDT the USB0 TO USB6 section it's the same , so I guess that was not enough for me ...

Quote:
i apply this method for SATA and it work, no more need for AHCIportinjector.kext
What method exactly ? Can you please explain, or show the section of DSDT that patches SATA ?

audio also work fine with dsdt patch and AD1988b.Fix.kext front panel (headphone and micro) work, the only problem is low microphone level and i have microphone only in front panel (someone know how to fix the volume level ? ? )

From what I remember microphone was always low level on AD1988B , but with the latest fix it got much better (at least front panel mic works good for me, rear mic works but very low volume ) I just had to turn the mic volume at max in system preferences and now I ca have a decent Skype or Yahoo call without shouting.

btw> What do you set in Bios AC97 or HDAudio in the onboard components
section

And since your sleep is working can you tell us also power management settings of your BIOS? (S1, S2, S3, Auto, resume video , Apic 2.0) ?

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.