Thread: Asus K50IN
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Jaguar

Well after much fiddling, I gave up, copied all my documents and decided to start fresh.

I first tried the Boot CD with a retail 10.6.3 disc, this failed to boot, and ended with a KP. I Believe it had to do with the graphics enabler, though I can't be sure. Safe mode did the same thing.

I then decided to try the retail disc with my iBoot disc, and it does indeed load and install. Graphics appear to be working alright, although there is some issues with QE/CI as when dropping a widget on the dashboard it would stutter and give artifacts every now and then. Webcam also did not work, nor did WIFI, but I am running a different card, and didn't expect it anyways.

So after I got it to boot, I downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update, and installed it, rebooted, and am stuck where I was before. I'm thinking I should have installed the FakeSMC from 10.5.6 after installing the update but before restarting. I'll try that another night though.

Anyone have any ideas on how to boot the 10.6.3 retail disc without iBoot, or how to use iBoot but re-enable stuff like the webcam? I have an original 10.6 disc as well, but if I remember correctly, I had to disable GraphicsEnabler to get that to boot as well.

Any ideas?

Ryan