Thread: Asus K50IN
View Single Post

Old 08-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Jaguar

Hey guys,

Long time. I haven't been making any update since 10.6.8 ... lol. Until a few days back I have been looking at the progresses that you guys have made over Lion and now Mountain Lion.

I'm actually planning to move-on to Mountain Lion on the same laptop. Also, it might be worth mentioning that I have upgraded the CPU to T9900 a long time ago, and it is working fine whether it is OSX86 or other OSes. So, those who want to know about that, I confirm it is working correctly, but you'll just get less battery life out of it (about 1h30mn).

Anyways, I'd like to ask, especially @flip360, what are the steps that you did to get it to install?
- Did you upgrade from Lion or Snow Leopard? I'm asking, because I have attempted an install from Snow Leopard, made a bootable USB which seems to be fine. But the problem is, I'm getting a strange AppleAHCIPort error, which generates a "link failed" error after some "The vtable '__ZTV13AppleAHCIPort' is malformed..." and some USB error "could not get chip to halt within 100 ms" which ultimately makes the installation process stuck completely.
- Could you share your current Extra folder?

Thanks man.

ASUS X5DIN-SX176C (K50IN motherboard) / Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 @ 3.06 GHz x 2 / nVidia GeForce G102M 512 MB / 15.6" HD LED / 320 GB + 1 TB / 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 / OS X 10.6.8 Vanilla