Thread: Asus K50IN
View Single Post

Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokozedman View Post
Hey guys,

Long time. I haven't been making any update since 10.6.8 ... lol. Until a few days back I have been looking at the progresses that you guys have made over Lion and now Mountain Lion.

I'm actually planning to move-on to Mountain Lion on the same laptop. Also, it might be worth mentioning that I have upgraded the CPU to T9900 a long time ago, and it is working fine whether it is OSX86 or other OSes. So, those who want to know about that, I confirm it is working correctly, but you'll just get less battery life out of it (about 1h30mn).

Anyways, I'd like to ask, especially @flip360, what are the steps that you did to get it to install?
- Did you upgrade from Lion or Snow Leopard? I'm asking, because I have attempted an install from Snow Leopard, made a bootable USB which seems to be fine. But the problem is, I'm getting a strange AppleAHCIPort error, which generates a "link failed" error after some "The vtable '__ZTV13AppleAHCIPort' is malformed..." and some USB error "could not get chip to halt within 100 ms" which ultimately makes the installation process stuck completely.
- Could you share your current Extra folder?

Thanks man.
Hey there kokozedman

I was planning to update the guide for 10.8, anyway i found some dsdt fixes regarding the battery and the power tab in system profiler for simmilar asus notebook and they are working fine sofar Just hanging on and waiting for man_of_the_oak to check in. OUR notebooks turned out to be QUITE compatible Will post the updated extra folder for testing eventually.

I did a clean install with myHack and the GM.dmg of ML, didnt get the ACPI message at all, i used the dsdt and the Extra folder we have and just applied the battery fixes.
About "and some USB error "could not get chip to halt within 100 ms" i get that too, a reboot solves it usually :P

OT: I exchanged my DVD with a second HDD which is perfect for dual booting

Cheers

MSI P5Q / C2D E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz / 8GB DDR2 800Mhz / PCIe ECS 9600GT 1Gb / ALC1200 / Windows 7 / OS X 10.8
ASUS K50IN (SX004L) / C2D T6400 @ 2.0 Ghz / 4GB DDR2 800Mhz / nVidia G102M 512Mb / 15.6" HD/LED / ALC662 / Dell 1490 802.11g / Windows 7 / OS X 10.8

Last edited by flip360; 08-10-2012 at 07:08 PM.