Thread: Asus K50IN
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip360 View Post
As for the audio thats a tough one to solve with a kext only, because actually it has two parts: one is the kext injector and the other one is a DSDT edit that fixes the audio being recognized by the injector. I am afraid you have the injector only (the assertion error points me there). Please try and edit the DSDT according to the tutorial (I had errors and warnings on mine but managed to get none) it will yield with a mighty fine file which you can use later for Lion and Mountain Lion and it is crucial for the system to work as intended Thanks to man_of_the_oak ofc
Indeed, I have followed the tutorial from start to finish; I actually tried to do the DSDT modifications twice, but ended with the same DSDT with still about 180_ warnings. I realized, there is some differences between K50IN and X5DIN.

I managed to get the audio working, but I used a 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext, which is also the same I use on my Snow Leopard installation. But as you can expect, I'm having the audio pop/click every few seconds.
Could you point-out how you guys fixed this popping sound?

And last, the Battery is not working.

ASUS X5DIN-SX176C (K50IN motherboard) / Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 @ 3.06 GHz x 2 / nVidia GeForce G102M 512 MB / 15.6" HD LED / 320 GB + 1 TB / 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 / OS X 10.6.8 Vanilla