InfiniteMac OSx86  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Jaguar

CST data, where it should come from and how to get it into the DSDT correctly.

I have an ASRock x58 Extreme, and the only thing that I'm missing is getting sleep to work.
In my DSDT I have the info for speedsteping on the i7 920, and I'm pleased to say that it works 100%. Along with that goes the CST info, and altho AppleLPC gets loaded and I get the "Restart automatically after power failure" option. I used to get the _CST evaluation failed... error, but I don't any more. The thing is, the dammed PC won't go to sleep (or more precisely, seems to go to sleep but reboots instead of waking up). I copied most of the CPU part of the DSDT from other boards, and modified it until it worked on mine. At first I thought that sleep should work, both my board and that one had up to C6 and the DSDT had 6 Package 0x4 or whatnot.
But reading around, it seems that the address at which the CST info is located is in the SSDT, and that in order to insert it correctly in the DSDT it needs to be dumped from that address and then modified for the DSDT or something like that. So my question is: are the C-States generic or even thou they are the same state, do they contain info specific to each board? If so, then I would have to do all that dumping stuff, which I tried (and failed) to completely understand, could someone explain it to me or guide me thru it?
I'm traveling right now, so I don't have the PC at hand, but I do have a mac and my DSDT/SSDT files, so I think I should be able to at least prepare a DSDT.aml that should work.
Thank you very much in advance, attached are the files I think are relevant.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsdt.dsl.zip (22.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: txt SSDT-1.txt (13.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: txt SSDT-2.txt (6.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: txt SSDT.txt (4.7 KB, 8 views)