InfiniteMac OSx86  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Cheetah

Boot0:done/MBR and other things

Hello,

first, thanks to those who have helped me this far - especially thorazine.

I have now successfully installed iPC Mac OS X on a partition of a 1 TB external Sata Drive.
However, I have a few problems to work out:

1) I cannot boot without DVD. If I try to boot directly from the USB Drive I get this flooding down the page to infinity:

Boot0: done
Boot0: MBR
etc.....

Note: before this I got this Boot0: error, which I fixed by making my Partition Active.
How can I solve this? All I read about is that it has to be Primary and Active, which is already the case. So what's wrong?

2) My specs:

ASUS PQ5
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO
Realtek ALC1200
Atheros AR8121/AR8113 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

Now, the Chipset driver seems to be working. I can boot OS X and view the specs of my Chipset. (However only one CPU is running because of the cpus=1, instead of the four... A problem I seek to resolve, also, but it's not as urgent as the rest. Nevertheless, if you have some info for me, please tell me..)

For the Geforce 9600 GSO, I have looked at acqua -man's forum and guide on how to install a kext for that, but the Geforce 9600 GSO isn't in his list, so which strings should I take? Is there something I can take that will work?

For the Realtek ALC1200 I found this: ALC1200_1057_SLIM.zip which includes AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext. Using kexthelper I installed the kexts and restarted, but I still have no sound. Any idea why?

For the Atheros AR8121 I found this: AttansicL1eEthernet.kext, which was supposed to work. I installed with kexthelpr and rebooted, but like the sound, it did not work either. Why ?

Thank you for your help!