PDA

View Full Version : Can Mac Os X work on my PC?

eXgame
12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Here is my hardware:
Motherboard : MSI MS-7250
CPU: Amd Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.41GHz
Graphic : Radeon X1650 Series 256MB
RAM: x2 A-Data 512MB DIMM DDR2 PC2-6400U DDR2-800
HDD: ExcelStor Technology J8160S 165GB

Can mac os x work on my pc? :D what problems i can have installing it?

naquaada
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Mainboard: Your board is an MSI K9 Platinum? If so, it has a nForce 570 chipset which is supported.

Graphics card: It is supported, I have an X1600 Pro which is the same as the X1650.

RAM: How many have you installed, 1 GB? It's enough, 2GB are better and neccessary if you want to run a virtual Windows.

Harddisk: There are no real known problems. I'm always booting from IDE and using SATA as data HDs. I would recommend a seperate HD for OS X. You can take a look at my guide (http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide-creating-a-very-safe-os-x-system-t1234/) how to create a safe system which allows to recover a partition. This comes handy for beginners which aren't so experienced with patching.

DVD-RW: S-ATA DVD writers could be problematic. Better use IDE.

eXgame
12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
It got stuck on loading screen, http://www.bioneural.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bioneuralnet-grey-apple.jpg that screen and stuck..i was waiting about 2hours but nothing :) and i got MSI K9 Ultra mainboard...

lanceomni
12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
When you startup you should have about 5 seconds to press F8 and enter boot options. Use the boot-flag -v and then reply back with where its hanging.

[EDIT] The Ultra also has the nForce 570 Chipset

eXgame
12-30-2008, 07:28 PM
It's saying "Still waiting for root device..."

nfoav8or
12-30-2008, 07:40 PM
depending on the distro being used to install, different kexts are loaded as default in the mkext. better to use "-f -x -v cpus=1" when booting an install DVD as you don't need to draw full support out of your hardware to install. by full support I mean you don't need everything that safe mode (-x) doesn't include. the boot flag "-f" causes the boot sequence to ignore the mkext that was originally created and used in place of the Extensions folder (with all the rest of the kernel extension files in it) so you would get better hardware recognition at boot from those kexts. also, you don't need the system recognizing more than one processor during install, this will be found and be used normally when you've installed and are running the system (if you have the right kernel selected with the correct customized "drivers" as well). That being said, don't forget the "Customize" button right after you select where to install OS X to.

eXgame
12-30-2008, 07:52 PM
I'v trayed -f -x -v cpus=1 but still got stuck :-/