InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 11-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Cheetah

I can't install cause it won't recognize my sata boot drive which is connected to a onboard sil3132 controller (sata mode not raid). This worked fine with older releases like "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" for instance. It sees the drives on the Nforce controller though. Any ideas?

Mainboard
ASUS KFN5-D SLI
Old 11-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Cheetah

Hi,

Can someone help me. I cant figure out why the DVD I burned (single layer and dual layer) seems to be corrupted but the burner says successful. Burner (Nero).... same problem on unpatched iso and patched iso... MD5 check is okay for the unpatched iso. Is there any setting in the burner that I need to change because I use the defaults...

System : HP Pavilion dv2620us...

Hoping that I can install it...
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Cheetah

where to?

Where to download that version ?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I can't install cause it won't recognize my sata boot drive which is connected to a onboard sil3132 controller (sata mode not raid). This worked fine with older releases like "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd" for instance. It sees the drives on the Nforce controller though. Any ideas?

Mainboard
ASUS KFN5-D SLI
this should be supported. boot with "-f" to ensure it is loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafellabryan View Post
I went off their driver download page for my laptop. The drivers for the sound are "conextant high definition", the "NVIDIA Nforce chipset", and the Broacom Wifi.

Would you mind if I sent you a PM? I don't want to clutter this thread with my current issues.
sure, send away.. but I will be at work for a while today. I'll work with you when I get home.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Puma

hey does anyone mind giving me the md5 sum for the patched disc

i want a clean install and want all my sums to match
Old 12-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Cheetah

Will not shut down - Kernel Panic

Thank-you for the effort this works for me!

Basically I did what best could be describe as the "noob" install... I paid very little attention to detail, as it going to become a "Mac" for my 8 year old daughter. When I installed it I just checked every option I thought remotely necessary and it works! I then upgraded to 10.5.5 (actually I installed every update available including the JAVA ones) and it still works (using the AMD updater). So my problem after installing all the software and updating is that it will not shut down properly and just hangs or more commonly has a Kernel panic. Otherwise it is brilliant!

A couple of points:
1. To install it I had to have the BIOS option for a USB enabled keyboard and mouse disabled. (The mouse is USB and the keyboard is PS2)
2. It did not work from the SATA drive but did from the IDE drive

Hardware
AMD 939 x2 4200+
MB GA K8N51GMF-9-RH (latest BIOS)
8500GT (runs two displays)
LAN: Generic card with Realtek 8169 (could not get the onboard to work and could not be bothered trying)
2Gb DDR400
160Gb IDE
200Gb SATA2

Thanks in advance
Old 12-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Cheetah

won't boot unless dvd is in drive

Well I've installed it but it will boot only if the dvd is in the dvd drive. Its almost as if the boot record is not being found on the hard drive. I tried both efi and non-efi variants with the same result. Did not have this problem with leo4Allv2.

Here are the relevant specs:
ide hard drive
ide dvd reader/writer
Lanparty nf4 nforce motherboard with 4200+ amdx2

I could live with this, but its a tad annoying. Anybody know of a fix? Perhaps this is a generic issue?

Cheers.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhack View Post
Well I've installed it but it will boot only if the dvd is in the dvd drive. Its almost as if the boot record is not being found on the hard drive. I tried both efi and non-efi variants with the same result. Did not have this problem with leo4Allv2.

Here are the relevant specs:
ide hard drive
ide dvd reader/writer
Lanparty nf4 nforce motherboard with 4200+ amdx2

I could live with this, but its a tad annoying. Anybody know of a fix? Perhaps this is a generic issue?

Cheers.
This basically means that chameleon did not install during your installation. use the DVD to boot up then go download chameleon (http://chameleon.osx86.hu/) and install it. point it to the partition you have OS X installed on and <boom> it should work now.

Or you could choose from a host of other bootloaders that do the same thing but in a different way. either way, thats the path. Enjoy OS X.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Cheetah

thanks!

Thanks man! That did the trick. I didn't think it was going to work because I'd already tried installing it with osx86tools, but that didn't work, but your link certainly did, so thanks!

I must say I'm really chuffed with leo4all4.1. I had v2 a while back but that was so much more unstable and most programs that I wanted to work just wouldn't load up. Now I have iWeb and most importantly logic pro all running nicely

Cheers!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Cheetah

I would like to let people know that this will work on a Toshiba A105-S4054 with a Intel Core Solo (T1350), 4G (2x2ddr2-667), 320G WD Scorpio Black HD, BCM4311 wifi card (this dev id had to be added :14e4,4315).
Sound, video, usb, pcmcia, wired ethernet, wifi, vga adapter, volume knob, headphone jack are working.
I have it updated to 10.5.5 with ASU .
I also have it dual booting with WindowsXP sp2 media center edition (came with the laptop).

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.