View Single Post

Old 11-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Cheetah

NIXin,

Thanks for the helpful article... I spent most of the day trying to install this on a drive for my X61s and haven't succeeded yet... I'm a noob to the Apple world, and the learning curve is steep. I bought a new WD 320 GB Drive to install Snow Leopard on, installed it in a USB2 external case, partitioned it with 1 partition, Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID.

I was a bit stumped, but with a little help from the net, I found out how to configure Finder to show hidden files and folders so I could run OSInstall.mpkg. After that, the installation went smoothly, I dragged & dropped dsdt.aml to the drive's root. Then I backed up the 3 kexts I was to remove and deleted the originals from my hard drive, backed up the kext I was to replace, then I dragged and dropped all the new kexts to the '/System/Installation/Packages' directory- ist this how I was supposed to install the kexts, or was I supposed to use something like 'kexthelper'??? (for 'VdooPS2Controller', I used it's own installer).

I didn't add the Atheros ID because I've got an Intel 4965AGN adapter (is there a kext or solution for this???) Not too big of a deal if I don't get this to work right away because I've got a Sierra Wireless USB broadband adapter thats supported on Apple computers.

Everything went pretty smoothly until this point. I have zero experience with Terminal, but I followed your instructions to the 'T'. When I type in the commands, I get 'No such file or directory'. I tried prefixing the commands with sudo -s in case it was a user permissions problem, tried using the paths:

'/Volumes/Snow Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/* ' ,
'/Volumes/Snow_Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/* ' ,
'/Volumes/SNOW LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/* ' ,
'/Volumes/SNOW_LEOPARD/System/Library/Extensions/* ' ,

all to no avail. I can't figure out where the problem lies after hours of searching on the net. I do notice that in 'Disk Utility', 'Verify Disk Permissions' & 'Repair Disk Permissions' are both disabled (greyed out) for my new 'Snow Leopard' Volume, but the Hackintosh Volume 'Hack Snow Leopard' has them enabled, and I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem.

Anyways, if you could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful... I'm out of ideas at the moment....

Thanks!

Last edited by virtualdiver; 11-08-2009 at 07:16 PM.