InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Puma

Hello all, my problem is:
I couldn't even boot with Zephyroth LEO DVD rev1(tried all bootflag combinations-x -v cpus=1 -legacy -s -f). I get stuck either at "Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/Build/obj/RELEASE_I386" or multiple lines of "SAM Multimedia error..." thing.
Please any helps appraciated very much?
My AMD spec:
Motherboard: ASUS A8N32-SLi
Chipset: nForce4 SLI
CPU: Amd Athlon 64 3200+
Ram: 512 MB DDR2 ram
Video: nVidia GeForce 6800 GT PCI-e
Hard drive: 120gb 7200RPM IDE Master (0,0)
DVD: NEC DVD writer 4551A Slave (0,1)
Hard drive: 160gb 7200RPM SATA
Onboard Sound: AC97
Ethernet: Realtek RT8139 Family PCI (built-in)
Old 02-13-2008, 09:37 PM

You must use the last Bios version if you still got this error reburn again the ISO (low speed)
Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Jaguar

Quote:
[cite] roisoft:[/cite]Reburn again the ISO (low speed) because you have a "SAM multimedia..."
I'm not sure if that will solve that issue... I have a similar motherboard and as far as I remember I solved the problem by replacing the IOATA.kext from the installation image with the one from my Tiger installation that works.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Puma

Thanks for reply roisoft,
I allready tried that with 2x speed, and checked the data via nero data checking, no error occured at all.
Do you know what's the md5 of iso image of rev1 ?
And should I try with -vanilla flag?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Puma

Ahaa, HCA plz could you post the steps to achieve this replacement?
On my AMD platform, JAS 10.4.8 Tiger worked perfectly, just had some problems with video playing.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 PM

I have this board too, the last Bios solves this kind of problems.

Donīt use the "cable select" jumper for set to slave the DVD ok?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Puma

I have the same motherboard.

make sure you have the latest bios. Your motherboard most likely has a 1205 revision. The latest is 1405. After I updated the BIOS, zephyroth's DVD booted and I was able to install. However, with his motherboard, you are going to have a problem with the installation freezing at 1 minute. When it does, it will reboot itself eventually, so boot back up the DVD again, and just continue the installation. It will say something like "this will take about 115 megs of space" when you go to install again. It will be done with about 2 minutes. You'll be able to boot into your newly installed Leopard now, but then it will get stuck at "Creating your account" after submitting all of your account info. When you do a hard reboot after that and try to login using your acount, the desktop will start to load then will kick you back out to the login screen again and again until your pc eventually crashes. I've even tried using the firwire account transfer from my iMac to my AMD machine, and that froze too.

Best bet is to wait for Rev. 2. Don't jump for the 10.5.2 release as it has broken some packages.

ANd I KNEW I was right about my motherboard being popular!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Puma

Quote:
[cite] roisoft:[/cite]You must use the last Bios version if you still got this error reburn again the ISO (low speed)
roisoft I updated the bios to its latest version before starting from scratch. didn't help at all
Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Puma

Quote:
[cite] roisoft:[/cite]I have this board too, the last Bios solves this kind of problems
is it possible to have some other problems like BIOS options because I'm sure of that
I got the latest version of BIOS. Do you remember how did you set BIOS up? Maybe some overall hardware mistake?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Puma

Quote:
[cite] roisoft:[/cite]I have this board too, the last Bios solves this kind of problems.

Donīt use the "cable select" jumper for set to slave the DVD ok?
Do you want me to take off the jumper that's behind the DVD writer?

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.