PDA

View Full Version : Lion with AMD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

instant idiot
09-26-2012, 06:53 AM
I installed Lion using myHack on my ProBook 4530s and installed the 10.7.5 update combo using the ProBook and vanilla kernel of course. Then I copied R:A:W:X86's kernel and the DP2 Finder and removed the ATI kexts: it booted right up into 10.7.5!!!

If anyone has any ideas about my ATI Radeon HD 5670, they would be much appreciated! Neither the 10.7.5 ATI kexts nor the 10.7.0 ATI kexts nor the ATI kexts that work with 10.6.8 will work; I am stumped for the moment.

Godofwar
09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
What the heck just happened? I just used a tool to clean up my Mac now my timezone is messed up. Localtime-Toggle.pkg is messed up, I tried running it again and no fix now. I used the mac cleaning tool OnyX for Lion. Also, I'm still having that stupid problem where I have to type in -legacy busratio=17 UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes , each time I want to use my Mac side. :-/

Also, on some websites I get broken pictures like next to my username Godofwar on osx86.co, why would that be?

http://oi46.tinypic.com/347ft6v.jpg

EDIT: I don't recommend using the tool OnyX, I believe it screws up the hackintosh. It must try to set things up like a real mac when it cleans... Odd... Now I have to set things up again, and boy oh boy is it annoying to install Snow, than Lion and set everything up all over again for the billionth time. Lets hope this last time I have to set things up, next time I have to be more cautious about which programs I use on Hackintosh I guess?

The Connactic
09-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Instant Idiot, did you check netkas site out? He does an awesome work with ATI drivers for OSX.

instant idiot
09-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I have tried using ATY_Init.kext, but that doesn't completely work. It shows a garbled black and white display that flickers a bit when I move the mouse. (with the 10.7.5 ATI kexts) Getting closer!

Godofwar
10-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Just updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 now I lost my graphics card since the kexts I was using before I guess only worked on 10.7.2? Anyone know where I can get kexts or proper drivers for gtx 570 for 10.7.3? I tried googling but only came up with kexts for 10.7.3 580 gtx. :'(

Edit: Solved

Wow, I can't believe this but the official Nvidia drivers actually work! 10.7.3 is working for me but it works the same weird way my 10.7.2 worked. It seems I have to shut off my computer incorrectly 3 times before the command -legacy busratio=17 UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes to work... How strange, also I tried RAW's kernel and it didn't work with 10.7.2 or 10.7.3... I guess its only for 10.7.4? I think I'm afraid to even try to update to 10.7.4 because I heard most people haven't gotten that to work.

Wow, these official Nvidia drivers work better than the kexts I was using in 10.7.2!!! I noticed freezing in flash for a quick second on 10.7.2's kexts. But not on these ones, so far atleast... So, I guess 10.7.3 was worth the update after all

Rocket Launcher and Apps folder runs nicer. My apps folder is still weird looking on my dock tho, I can't change the appearance of my apps folder even with Ordinatore Plus. For some reason my apps folder took the appearance of my Address Book...

Screen shot of my hackintosh and its address book application apps folder:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2e0oei0.jpg

jhusly
10-02-2012, 04:07 AM
good for you! Cheers to that! I just got my hackintosh to working with 10.7.4 last night and everything seems fine so far! With regards to your dock, have you tried changing it from the dock settings by clicking the apple logo?

instant idiot
10-02-2012, 06:02 AM
@Godofwar: Right click on the Applications folder in the Dock and select "Display as Folder." :)

Godofwar
10-02-2012, 07:26 PM
10.7.3 just punched me in the head really hard, what the heck is wrong with this update? I had my computer on for probably 10-15 hours and I got a freeze error at 11am in the morning and now my Mac side won't boot up. Why would this happen? Do I need a different boot command or is this a trap from NVIDIA drivers?

Godofwar
10-02-2012, 10:05 PM
HAHAHA, weird stuff I installed Lion 10.7.2 again and this time I'm on the correct Chameleon Bootloader and I have no idea why because I didn't install any thing differently. This is very strange. :D

All the other times I installed the boot loader for Chameleon for Lion I would get a black Chameleon Bootloader instead of the official gray background boot loader with the Chameleon.

Edit: I know what I did differently, I unclicked the bootloader that comes with Itako's L2. So it's not even the bootloader I installed on the LION hd, but the bootloader that comes with Itako's L2. Still bothers me I notice slow downs on 10.7.2 with hacked 570 drivers. I don't know why...

Godofwar
10-03-2012, 04:51 AM
Any solution for the Trash Can not deleting certain stuff? I remember having this glitch on Snow Leopard before but don't believe I solved it. I don't know how this glitch came back. :'(

Edit: Something weird happened again, So I was on my Mac side for awhile yesterday and I went to bed at 5am left mac side on work up around 4:30pm, came down stairs after brushing teeth and seen my mac side crashed at 4:30pm(same thing that happen when I was on 10.7.3), but this this time my Mac side on 10.7.2 worked fine. I hope this crashing stuff in time periods of me not doing anything for 11-12 hours on it don't end up hurting my cpu or graphics card.

Godofwar
10-05-2012, 10:40 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/9h4b9e.jpg

jhusly
10-05-2012, 11:10 PM
boot plist flags, put it

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>right here</string>

but for the npci, just replace the existing one which is 0x2000 to 0x3000

Godofwar
10-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Still not working.. :-|

Godofwar
10-08-2012, 06:59 AM
I don't know if this can end up killing my graphics card but earlier today I had a graphics spasm in my Mac things started changing blocky colors. This happened on my Snow Leopard side too and than the next thing I remember is my gtx 470 being dead and the company being nice enough to send me another gtx 570.

I never told them that could have been the reason my gtx 470 had died. Could have all been coincidence but I just have to ask does anyone know if Hackintosh can actually harm you graphics card over time? I don't see why it would, but that graphics spasm thing I have had happened to me rarely happens. It has only happened twice to me. Once on Snow Leopard, (Next thing I know my gtx 470 is dead, could have been coincidence tho) and than now it has happened to me with my gtx 570 earlier yesterday actually since its 2 am now. I would say it did it about maybe like 4pm yesterday. I had to end up shutting my Mac down the incorrect way because the blockyness just went everywheres.

jhusly
10-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Seriously? Your card ended up dead? I also happen to have kinda like experience while using my hd5770. I guess its already dead now since it would only display during boot but wont even reach into the desktop. Or maybe just another coincidence! haha

instant idiot
10-09-2012, 08:58 PM
*shrugs*

My 5670 isn't dead yet!

The only way I can see OS X in particular damaging a graphics card is if it somehow overclocked it by accident. (or by default)

Godofwar
10-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Seriously? Your card ended up dead? I also happen to have kinda like experience while using my hd5770. I guess its already dead now since it would only display during boot but wont even reach into the desktop. Or maybe just another coincidence! haha

Yeah it ended up dead, it was making weird lines when I booted up into Windows that wouldn't go away. I never told the company this because if I told them that they probably wouldn't have supported their warranty. :D

Godofwar
10-12-2012, 04:38 AM
*shrugs*

My 5670 isn't dead yet!

The only way I can see OS X in particular damaging a graphics card is if it somehow overclocked it by accident. (or by default)

I don't overclock my graphics cards. A gtx 470 maxed out almost every game with the exception of Metro2033. Now my gtx 570 maxes out everything at 1920x1200 resolution.

instant idiot
10-12-2012, 05:01 AM
I don't overclock my graphics cards. A gtx 470 maxed out almost every game with the exception of Metro2033. Now my gtx 570 maxes out everything at 1920x1200 resolution.

I meant the unlikely idea of the OS X driver accidentally overclocking it. (By the way, I don't either.)

Godofwar
10-12-2012, 05:05 AM
I meant the unlikely idea of the OS X driver accidentally overclocking it. (By the way, I don't either.)

Some reason my flash acts up slowly at times on Google Chrome browser(sadly this my favorite browser). Does anyone know of a good or possibly better browser than Chrome for OSX? Is Camino a good one? I really don't want to change browsers but something is off about Google Chrome which is a shame since I like how Google Chrome looks.

Godofwar
10-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Does anyone else get sound problems with OSX? Sometimes when I load up the system VOODOHDA doesn't load up even tho I have it set to load up each time I boot up Mac OS-X. :'(

jhusly
10-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Some reason my flash acts up slowly at times on Google Chrome browser(sadly this my favorite browser). Does anyone know of a good or possibly better browser than Chrome for OSX? Is Camino a good one? I really don't want to change browsers but something is off about Google Chrome which is a shame since I like how Google Chrome looks.

I love chrome too in windows but in osx i use firefox.

jhusly
10-14-2012, 01:11 AM
anybody able to use sleep enabler on their lion hackintosh? Or atleast tried?

Godofwar
10-15-2012, 02:39 AM
YES, I DID IT! I got my mac to self boot! :D

Still bugs me tho flash acts weird on my Mac and I'm not too sure my graphics card is getting along with Hackintosh for whatever reason that is. It's weird that when I watch videos on youtube it freeze for a quick second than unfreezes. It's weird that on Google Chrome things act weird on flash websites like Xat when I click grid the grid freezes for a quick second. But than when I use another browser like Camino the grid won't freeze but I still get that quick freeze on youtube videos no matter what browser I use. Also other weird stuff I have with my mac is the sound effects delay. Like if I empty my trash can I hear the trash can empty like 1 or 2 seconds later on a clear delay. I know thats not suppose to do that because my nephew has a real Mac(HE PAID 1,300 BUCKS FOR IT. beautiful screen on the Mac but I don't know if I'd ever pay that much for an operating system, but maybe if I was rich.) and his does not do that. So, I don't know if that is because I'm on Hacknitosh or if I have something not set up properly.

Also, I wish I didn't have such a crush on google Chrome since it really seems to not like my Hackintosh...

Godofwar
10-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Now ain't this something? I just tried a Mac browser called Google Chrome Canary and it fixed all my browser freezing quickly related problems. Butt!!!! On youtube videos I now get weird scratchy noises on the videos... It's like I can't win? HAHAHA, this is a joke! :D

I must say this is quite weird how some browsers work differently than others... Very bizarree in my opinion.

Godofwar
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Guys, what is the best alternative to TextEdit for Mac? I'm using JEdit, do you recommend a better text editor or is JEdit a good replacement?

Godofwar
10-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah, now my instant boot stopped working. I am back to being forced to type in commands such as -legacy UsekernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

Here's a screenshot of my org.chameleon.boot.plist from the Extra folder. Thanks

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2r74qz5.jpg

instant idiot
10-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Here I am assuming that the only flags you have to specify at boot are these: -legacy UseKernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 Also, I reccomend making a backup of /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist before making these changes. (Just in case, y'know...)

Change <key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string> to No.

Remove <key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string> and add PCIRootUID=0 to the <string> section of Kernel Flags.

Reboot!

(By the way, would you mind putting files like org.chameleon.Boot.plist between [code] tags instead of taking a screenshot? It's easier to read and modify.)

Godofwar
10-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Here I am assuming that the only flags you have to specify at boot are these: [code]-legacy UseKernelCache=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

Yeah, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't tho. I might not be typing the right commands in at boot. ^_^ I don't know, all I know is that Hackintosh Lion is a bit more complicating to get to boot up than Snow Leopard was. I know it's probably simple when I find the command that my pc wants it to use. Okay, I just saved my file in Jedit, I'll let you know if it works.

Godofwar
10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Nope, didn't work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-legacy npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UsekernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

instant idiot
10-21-2012, 04:26 AM
UseKernelCache must be uppercase.

Godofwar
10-21-2012, 04:37 AM
UseKernelCache must be uppercase.

Oh, I never knew that I seen someone else post it with a lowercase k and that is why I never used lower-case k. Also, I updated back to 10.7.3 because the official Nvidia drivers from Apple work alot better than hacked drivers for 10.7.2 for my gtx 570. :p

Also, no more random freezes in Mac Google Chrome. It works how its suppose to now, probably because of the correct graphics card drivers for 10.7.3.

Godofwar
10-22-2012, 02:33 AM
What does it mean when my Mac Lion operating system boots up only when I shut off computer incorrectly, than I turn computer back on and then it boots up fine. I'm guessing that means I'm not using the right command or something.

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-legacy npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

instant idiot
10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
What do you mean by "...system boots up only when..."? How does it fail? It might help to add -v to the kernel flags so we know what's happening.

Godofwar
10-22-2012, 06:10 PM
What do you mean by "...system boots up only when..."? How does it fail? It might help to add -v to the kernel flags so we know what's happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HL-EE8lxpI&feature=youtu.be

Oh yeah, another thing I notice about Hackintosh Lion is that sometimes it will not boot up the VOODOO HDA driver properly and sometimes I get no sound... That is also very strange.

Another weird thing I notice on my Hackintosh Lion side, I think my Creative Zen MP3 player takes longer to charge its battery life through the usb on Apple's operating system. I do not know why, that isn't a huge issue tho it would have been nice if it could charge MP3 players as fast as Windows.

instant idiot
10-23-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HL-EE8lxpI&feature=youtu.be

Please add -v to the kernel flags so we can know where it's hanging.

Godofwar
10-24-2012, 12:36 AM

Alright, I'm downloading stuff right now so I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks for your help. ^_^

anonomys209
10-24-2012, 04:33 AM
...soooooo... Has there been any progress on 64 bit kernels for Phenoms? Been away awhile... I'm now running Lion on a HackBook Pro in 64 bits, but my desktop is still stuck in 32 bits. I've had to go back to SL so I can use FCPX on the Hack Pro... :'( :'( :'(

Godofwar
10-24-2012, 05:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNNl19GvSs&feature=youtu.be

gils
10-24-2012, 11:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNNl19GvSs&feature=youtu.be

c'est ton voodoo qui plante ton système , essayes avec -legacy pmVersion=0 -f -v ,

avec Macdrive de ton win , essayes de le virer . ;)

Godofwar
10-25-2012, 02:23 AM
c'est ton voodoo qui plante ton système , essayes avec -legacy pmVersion=0 -f -v ,

avec Macdrive de ton win , essayes de le virer . ;)

Can I do the same method installing Lion 10.7.3 dmg as I did with the Itakos L2 dmg? I thought someone sent me a message telling me to use the Itakos L2 dmg for it. You're saying use the official 10.7.3 dmg file? If I replace the finder and kernel on Lion's official 10.7.3. Will it work just like Itakos did?

gils
10-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Can I do the same method installing Lion 10.7.3 dmg as I did with the Itakos L2 dmg? I thought someone sent me a message telling me to use the Itakos L2 dmg for it. You're saying use the official 10.7.3 dmg file? If I replace the finder and kernel on Lion's official 10.7.3. Will it work just like Itakos did?

l'installation avec un dmg retail lion 10.7 fonctionne vraiment très bien avec les processeurs FX mais malheureusement pas avec les K10 .

pas besoin de iatkos ou autre distro pour ce genre d'exercice .Et comme tu peux voir dans le tutorial , les résultats sont plus que concluant en méthode retail sans Multimachin de tonymachintruc ou autre Myhack et unimerde . ;)

Godofwar
10-26-2012, 12:25 AM
l'installation avec un dmg retail lion 10.7 fonctionne vraiment très bien avec les processeurs FX mais malheureusement pas avec les K10 .

pas besoin de iatkos ou autre distro pour ce genre d'exercice .Et comme tu peux voir dans le tutorial , les résultats sont plus que concluant en méthode retail sans Multimachin de tonymachintruc ou autre Myhack et unimerde . ;)

Thanks, but your tutorial is in French and google translate is not translating it that good. :-/

Edit: those instructions look like they're for 10.7.4 as well.

gils
10-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks, but your tutorial is in French and google translate is not translating it that good. :-/

Edit: those instructions look like they're for 10.7.4 as well.

:)

ok , je ferais une traduction en anglais ce weekend . ;)

xmaniak100
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
OK guys im back after a looooong time and i wanna ask before updating my hacintosh 10.6.8 to 10.7 again whether i can run Parallels 7 with it...since it is 32bit capable but installation checks for 64 which is easily bypassed by arch=i386 -force64...

xmaniak100
10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
What does it mean when my Mac Lion operating system boots up only when I shut off computer incorrectly, than I turn computer back on and then it boots up fine. I'm guessing that means I'm not using the right command or something.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-legacy npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>
Im not an expert but i guess its something like mine issue when i boot up lion i always get stuck on verbose/apple logo but i can hear skype and everything and i have to restart...then it works fine

xmaniak100
10-27-2012, 06:35 AM
My software update says I'm up to date but I'm on 10.7.2...????

OKAY i found why this happens...its probably a JavaScrypt error since I cannot install ANYTHING thx to failure while evaluating js...

Could somebody pls upload their installer for me :) thx

xmaniak100
10-27-2012, 01:34 PM
OK guys sry i have a lot of posts after each other but theres nobody here... :D so i have been working on so called x project for 1 mounth which is a project that could load up an os x 10.7 install cd... My custom install dvd has 10 GB as it is now and im gonna throw the first test now...

*EDIT* Ive been up for whole night editing fixing...and i was able to get into language selection screen!!! however it crashed at that point... I am so proud of myself :D also my method which is extremely different than what youd expect eats 6 GBs of ram... I am not gonna release this until its done... but im having progress... X Project wasnt that bad afterwards...

OK guys I didnt sleep another night and i managed to get snow leopard working in full 64 bit mode with my method!!!

*EDIT* 2:OK i made a lot of progress...I was able to boot lion install cd fully working... also i managed to make the size of the ramdisk only 4GB so thats an improvement as well :D no luck on lion 64bit thought

instant idiot
10-31-2012, 06:27 AM
I'm here, but I've all but given up at trying to get my ATI Radeon HD 5670 working with Lion.

xmaniak100
10-31-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm here, but I've all but given up at trying to get my ATI Radeon HD 5670 working with Lion.

check this out http://arstechnica.com/apple/2011/03/mac-os-x-may-natively-support-pc-radeon-graphics-cards/

instant idiot
11-01-2012, 07:27 PM
check this out http://arstechnica.com/apple/2011/03/mac-os-x-may-natively-support-pc-radeon-graphics-cards/
I know that OS X has native support, but all I can get is a garbled black and white screen that flickers a bit when I move the mouse.

xmaniak100
11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
I know that OS X has native support, but all I can get is a garbled black and white screen that flickers a bit when I move the mouse.

OK then... I have 5770 and exotic works for me...have you tried that?

instant idiot
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
You mean the one that's supposed to be for 48XX?

gils
11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
OK then... I have 5770 and exotic works for me...have you tried that?

houla !!!

la HD 5770 est ootb avec GE=No ou Yes !!!??? ;)

et pour la HD 4850/4870 , il suffit de copier le devid dans ATI4800Controller.kext/contents/info.plist , ( 0x94421002 pour l'HD 4850 1024 ) et il faut rajouter GE=Yes

;)

Godofwar
11-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Out of no wheres my computer is constantly crashing for who knows what reason. Tho it's not crashing on my Mac Safe Mode side... Did I just pick up a rare Mac Virus? :mad:

I'm running Avast Free edition on Safemode in Mac side will that catch the nasty virus if its the virus causing instant crashes on Mac side?

Edit: Weird, while in Safe Mode on my Mac side I ran Avast Free Mac edition and it found a virus but it wasn't a Mac virus it was a Windows virus. Anyways, as of right now my Mac 10.7.3 non-safe mode side is working. This is very weird... Can some Windows viruses affect Macs or was it just coincidence?

Edit: Forgot to mention I did go back to an old 32 bit Flash which could have solved my issues. Maybe latest version of Flash was causing issues? Who knows...

Godofwar
11-15-2012, 03:00 AM
What is best Flash Version for 10.7.3? I notice in Safari my video is stopping and playing on youtube videos, I need to know which Flash Version is best.

gils
11-15-2012, 12:10 PM
What is best Flash Version for 10.7.3? I notice in Safari my video is stopping and playing on youtube videos, I need to know which Flash Version is best.

you disabled the C1E in the bios, it just so that your sound card is not installed is that generates mismatches, trying flag: fsb=2000000, it is best that you take an external sound card. ;)

Godofwar
11-19-2012, 08:18 AM

you disabled the C1E in the bios, it just so that your sound card is not installed is that generates mismatches, trying flag: fsb=2000000, it is best that you take an external sound card. ;)

This is weird, my youtube flash videos keep randomly stopping in the video when it didn't used to do this a week ago. The fsb=2000000 command didn't work. Yes, C1E is disabled, if it wasn't the Mac operating system wouldn't boot up at all. I am using external sound card I think. Aren't internal sound cards built into the motherboard? :-/

I've tried uninstalling flash, reinstalling almost every version and yet it still acts up. I even reinstalled Nvidia drivers (did nothing)

Edit: I notice that in Google Chrome that youtube plays perfectly but I get annoying scratchy sound for whatever reason that is... Any solution to the scratchy sound?

Check this joke out, it's something about Youtube because Ebaumsworld videos are working fine... Thanks Youtube, they probably mess with their videos so now I have a hard time loading their vids.

Godofwar
12-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Can I force Hackintosh Lion to use all 4 cores? I think it's only using 1 of my Cores. When I run Vlc Media player it struggles to run HD content at times.

lanceomni
12-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Godofwar,

Try the following in Terminal to determine the number of cores:
sysctl hw.physicalcpu

Are you certain you have your video card squared away?

Godofwar
12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Godofwar,

Try the following in Terminal to determine the number of cores:
sysctl hw.physicalcpu

Are you certain you have your video card squared away?

Weird, it's detecting all 4 cores... Must be graphics card related then? Can't fix it if its graphics card related, it's not too big of a deal for me. Just a little annoying, could be Mac related since I know DIVX player for MAC has no problem playing HD content. But the problem with Divx Player for Mac is that it has a problem playing audio files so when I try to play a movie with Divx Player for Mac it will play it without sound. Seems like I can't win. :D

Also, does it hard my processor, cpu, graphics card, or sound card when I have to shut my computer off improperly each time I want to load Mac OS X? That is the weird way I get onto Mac OS X Lion.

lanceomni
12-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Godofwar,

I have been out of the scene for some time but I believe that the GTX 570 is supported.

You may want to look at codecs first. You said you were using VLC, which is usually pretty good. Have you tried Perian (http://perian.org). Perian has a comprehensive pack of codecs that work with the quicktime. This includes most osx applications, including the quicktime player.

Does the issue occur with all video or certain ones. If it is certain files, check the properties within the player to see what the codec is. I have not run into many formats that that VLC player's codec pack or the Perian codec pack couldn't handle.

Godofwar
12-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Lately Zipeg stops working at extracting files, and sometimes .dmg files will not open until I restart my Mac... Why?

lanceomni
12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Godofwar,

I am at a loss for those issues, especially if you are not getting a kernel panic.

.dmg opening issues that result in KP relate to mix-matched sandbox/kernel versions (http://osx86.co/f85/updated-11-12-dmg-mounting-issues-sandbox-kext-t1992/); however, your issues involves it just not working.

The AMD box in my signature suffered from a traumatic lightning strike. Before you chastise me for not having a proper surge suppressor, know that I did. It does not matter what kind of property installed surge suppressor or full-home protection you have, a direct hit will cause damage. I experience one strike years ago that erased every VHS and cassette tape in our home. FYI my home town is known to have more ground strikes than any other city in the world, but I digress. Prior to this mishap, I was experiencing issues where applications would not load after the machine was on for greater than 15 minutes. This was intermittent. I noticed that if I disabled my LAN and removed the next, I would not have these problems. Unfortunately I am unable to continue testing on this rig.

What I am trying to get at, is that you may have some problem kexts. I would make a list of all of the modified or additional files required to run your system. Try removing the non-essential files (audio/lan if applicable) and see if you still experience an issue.

You may also want to clear your console logs and start paying attention to what comes up after it fails to mount DMGs or extract files.

Godofwar
12-06-2012, 06:44 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/1zfh9bs.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2it0jk8.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wdahx5.jpg

warhammer68m
12-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Lately Zipeg stops working at extracting files, and sometimes .dmg files will not open until I restart my Mac... Why?

So it should work perfectly on mine, I got the exact same motherboard, video card (mine EVGA 570SC), and CPu than I see in your sig.

Snow Leopard work fine for me, in VirtualBox (it did has well in native hardware mode). Used Hazard AMD_Intel_sse2_sse3 iso, have to use flag busratio=17, but I need Lion for 2 things. GTX570 support and XCode 4.5.2 support.

BTW, is XCode working in Lion?

warhammer68m
12-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Updated signature, can see my specs in it now

xmaniak100
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
You mean the one that's supposed to be for 48XX?

Yep that one I also came across an extract of the driver from mountain lion...cant install it now so I cant try but I hope somebody will... http://www.osx86.net/view/3480-ati_7000_kext.html
OK guys I havent been here for a while I just got bulldozer CPU and HD 7770 GFX... could you just briefly inform me on the updates???like what we know???so that im up to date???

*EDIT* I also bought an X Fi GO PRO card...even though it works...its very distorted... anybody know a fix? THX

Is there a way that a kext from ML will work in L??? Im not sure i wanna go L you know....

Guys I might be an idiot but I was able to boot ML... with KP(after blacklisting started) of course but still...

pipko
02-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Bingo Installed lion on ext. usb HDD but it always brings me back to filling orders registering account. I fill all but it back me to the beginning.
why?